• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

pan

not a 100% sure what you mean, however, could you provide a scriptural backing?

pan = it will all pan out in the end :laugh:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

I try to be ready for His return all the time, as if He was to return today. Yet, I am willing to wait until He gets word from the Father, and I accept that may be some time in the near future. I lean toward one, but will not commit to any.

Ok, I have study all three and see why most people are pre. However, i do see post more consistent with the history of scripture and the words of Christ. As far as mid i think it is closer to pre then post. All that being said, do you think subscribing to only one postion is dangerous for Christians?

If scripture said one over the rest, and we disagreed, then that would be dangerous. Yet, scripture does not give the answer. We are told what to look for and to keep watch, being prepared, having our oil full and wick trimmed.

Aman!! Funny how all the bridemaids all thought they were ready and only half were. not funny but very sad! This is my concern.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I try to be ready for His return all the time, as if He was to return today. Yet, I am willing to wait until He gets word from the Father, and I accept that may be some time in the near future. I lean toward one, but will not commit to any.

Ok, I have study all three and see why most people are pre. However, i do see post more consistent with the history of scripture and the words of Christ. As far as mid i think it is closer to pre then post. All that being said, do you think subscribing to only one postion is dangerous for Christians?

If scripture said one over the rest, and we disagreed, then that would be dangerous. Yet, scripture does not give the answer. We are told what to look for and to keep watch, being prepared, having our oil full and wick trimmed.

Aman!! Funny how all the bridemaids all thought they were ready and only half were. not funny but very sad! This is my concern.

It should be a concern for everyone. It is when we think we have it all together when it all falls apart ---> the foolish ones. We all should remain ready. He could come back at any second. We only think we have an understanding, but do we really? What if we are post and think we have a lot of time, being slack in our walk, oil half filled ... and He comes back now???

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/07/1967

I see it like this.

Right now they are putting together a reality show in Heaven called: You've been Raptured!!!

Everyone up there knows it won't be a very good show if the people knew when it was coming, so they are putting a lot of effort into keeping it secret.

It is going to be an awesome show :laugh:

pan

not a 100% sure what you mean, however, could you provide a scriptural backing?

pan = it will all pan out in the end :laugh:

thanks! did not kmow what they meant.

But for who? Onelight says we need to like the wise maids, but they all thought they were wise and it did not pan out for some. some were left, but all this time they tought that they were ready. Can we all be right? no! so how can it all pan out in the end?

It should be a concern for everyone. It is when we think we have it all together when it all falls apart ---> the foolish ones. We all should remain ready. He could come back at any second. We only think we have an understanding, but do we really? What if we are post and think we have a lot of time, being slack in our walk, oil half filled ... and He comes back now???

Aman! I think we as christians should be open to all positions. I think its dangerous when preachers teach one position as if it is gospel truth. So if it dont happen one way but it happens another, at lease we wont be devastated and lose faith.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I find this post a bit strange, but I guess it is because I am looking at it from my position, my walk.

I Love the Lord Jesus Christ, I live under His Grace. I try to follow His Word in my daily walk. I worry about today, and where I am in this walk. I let tomorrow take care of itself under Him. How I walk is the crux of the matter. I do this through prayer, church, home group, prayer meetings, reading my bible, and trying to walk a quiet walk that speaks volumes to others. And I have learned that there are those that I can trust to tell me if they think I am going off track. These people use scripture as their base and not opinion, and some of them (on Worthy as well), have taught me to do the same...

So I don't concern myself about much else. I just live in Him daily, and try (Oh it is sometimes so hard), to make my every breath a prayer...

What will be will be, and He knows what that is, only He.

Blessings

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

pan = it will all pan out in the end :vader:

...But for who? Onelight says we need to like the wise maids, but they all thought they were wise and it did not pan out for some. some were left, but all this time they tought that they were ready. Can we all be right? no! so how can it all pan out in the end?

The "pan" isn't for a who. It's about the dogma of the doctrine. It's a way of saying I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over this argument. We are to serve the Lord faithfully whatever the circumstances or situation, whether He comes sooner or comes later.

As for the parable, it can go either way. The 5 without oil could also have been those expecting the pre-Trib . . . thus the reason they ran out of oil . . . they were not preparing themselves to go through the hard times.

But really, the Pre-Post Trib argument was not the point Jesus was after with this parable.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What if we are post and think we have a lot of time, being slack in our walk, oil half filled ... and He comes back now???

If a person's reason for slacking is because they are "post" and think they have lots of time, they truly need to get their heads screwed on straight. :vader: How do they expect to survive the Great Tribulation?

The "pan" isn't for a who. It's about the dogma of the doctrine. It's a way of saying I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over this argument. We are to serve the Lord faithfully whatever the circumstances or situation, whether He comes sooner or comes later.

And Fez sez:

I Love the Lord Jesus Christ, I live under His Grace. I try to follow His Word in my daily walk. I worry about today, and where I am in this walk. I let tomorrow take care of itself under Him. How I walk is the crux of the matter. I do this through prayer, church, home group, prayer meetings, reading my bible, and trying to walk a quiet walk that speaks volumes to others. And I have learned that there are those that I can trust to tell me if they think I am going off track. These people use scripture as their base and not opinion, and some of them (on Worthy as well), have taught me to do the same...

So I don't concern myself about much else. I just live in Him daily, and try (Oh it is sometimes so hard), to make my every breath a prayer...

What will be will be, and He knows what that is, only He.

It's not going to pan out for everyone....but it's going to pan out just fine for those saints (as per the examples given here) who take each step faithfully.