joel joseph

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Since last I wrote, I've posted many new editions at The Prophetic Scroll. Some include: The power of the media, Preparing yourself for the coming of the Messiah, The power of testimony and the The dangers of replacement theology. This latest edition has an incredible powerful outcome relating to the original words used for the "watchman"

Shalom Joel Joseph.

I thought I'd post some of that article to get the discussion rolling but after reading it I realized you are a 2-House proponent and also support Hagee.

Sorry....but that dog don't hunt around here. And it's too bad because, as far as I'm concerned, the 2-House stuff is replacement theology from the other direction.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Replacement theology, in a nut shell, declares that "the Church" replaced "Israel". So when you read "Israel" in the Scirptures, especially with regards to prophecy, it really means "the Church."

The 2-House, 2-Stick theology claims that America and Brittain (or is it just America now?) are/is the decendents of the Lost Tribes of Israel. Thus, when you read "Israel", it really means "America."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Replacement theology, in a nut shell, declares that "the Church" replaced "Israel". So when you read "Israel" in the Scirptures, especially with regards to prophecy, it really means "the Church."

The 2-House, 2-Stick theology claims that America and Brittain (or is it just America now?) are/is the decendents of the Lost Tribes of Israel. Thus, when you read "Israel", it really means "America."

When I first heard of the 2-Stick etc. I had no idea what it was all about, talked to a few who explained like you did, yet I had always heard your explaination as the British/Israelite theology mainly promoted by Armstrong and the like. When I looked it up online I found some groups mix the two thoughts together, Eze. 37 and Armstrong but then I found out ther not all who take Eze. 37 seriously see it this way but see it as God uniting His people again. So not all those who talk about the 2-house, etc., think the two sticks are American and Britian, most I know think it is the coming together of the two houses, Judah and Israel, the bringing together of all Gods children under one King, one Kingdom. Eze. 37 tells how God will bring Israel from the nations and gather them in the last days. There are a few who believe as you say but most I know do not believe in the British/Israelite theory. God will bring to Him all, including believing gentiles who are grafted into Israel to His land to dwell with Him forevermore. Hope no one believes I am promoting anything related to British/Israelite or anything of the like.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

"Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will make them one nation; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all. Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and my tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people" (from Ezekiel)

Mike.

Go read Kings and Chronicles again. You'll discover that a remnant from each of the ten Northern tribes, sickened by the idolatry of the Northern kings, left Israel and went and lived in Judah and became amalgamated with the Southern tribes, and by the time the Jews came back from exile in Babylon, all 12 tribes are represented in the lists of names - the two sticks had become one stick. the prophecy is not and never was talking about Jews and Gentiles - it's talking about Israelites and Judeans, unless we want to superimpose the future church onto a prophecy that had absolutely nothing to do with Gentiles or the church.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I don't know about 'Replacement Theology' unless the following is what it is:

"They are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children:But, In Isaac shall the seed be called. Therefore it is not they which are the children of the flesh who are the children of the real Israel: but it is the children of the promise" (from Romans 9)

and

We can't ignore the rest of the text just because it suits us. You see, Paul mentions the fact that God promised Abraham that IN ISAAC shall his seed be called - and Isaac is the flesh-seed of Abraham. Furthermore, the covenant God made with the physical seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is an eternal one, based alone on God's faithfulness to His Word and promises, not upon the obedience of the physical seed to the Law which would come over 430 years later. Furthermore, Paul also mentions the remnant of the physical seed which remained through faith in Jesus.

So here's the whole passage + the one that builds upon it in its context, not just the part you chose to quote out of its context. It's a good idea to read it in its context. Bear in mind that Isaac is the flesh-seed of Abraham, and he and his flesh-seed are the children of the promise, unless you want to believe that God is a liar:

"I tell the truth in Christ, I do not lie, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit, that I have great heaviness and continual pain in my heart. For I myself was wishing to be accursed from Christ for my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh, who are Israelites; to whom belong the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the Law, and the service of God, and the promises; whose are the fathers, and of whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen. Not however that the Word of God has failed, for not all those of Israel are Israel; nor because they are the seed of Abraham are they all children. But, "In Isaac shall your Seed be called." That is, not the children of the flesh are children of God; but [b]the children of the promise are counted for a seed. For this is the word of promise: "At this time I will come and Sarah shall have a son." And not only this, but when Rebekah also had conceived by one, by our father Isaac (for the children had not yet been born, neither had done any good or evil; but that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who called,) it was said to her, "The elder shall serve the younger." As it is written, "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated." What shall we say then? Is there not unrighteousness with God? Let it not be! For He said to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." So then it is not of the one willing, nor of the one running, but of God, the One showing mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "Even for this same purpose I have raised you up, that I might show My power in you, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth." Therefore He has mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will, He hardens. You will then say to me, Why does He yet find fault? For who has resisted His will? No, but, O man, who are you who replies against God? Shall the thing formed say to Him who formed it, Why have you made me this way? Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel to honor and another to dishonor? What if God, willing to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction; and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy which He had before prepared to glory; whom He also called, not only us, of Jews, but also of the nations? As He also says in Hosea, "I will call those not My people, My people; and those not beloved, Beloved." And it shall be, in the place where it was said to them. "You are not My people; there they shall be called sons of the living God." Isaiah also cries concerning Israel, "Though the number of the sons of Israel is as the sands of the sea, a remnant shall be saved. For He is bringing the matter to an end, and cutting short in righteousness, because the Lord will make a short work on the earth." And as Isaiah said before, "Unless the Lord of hosts had left us a seed, we would have been as Sodom, and would have been like Gomorrah." (Rom 9:1-29)

Israel was not replaced, because there was and always has been a believing remnant - and the Gentiles who believe are grafted into Israel AMONG that remnant:

"I say then, Did not God put away His people? Let it not be said! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God did not thrust out His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture said in Elijah, how he pleaded with God against Israel, saying, "Lord, they killed Your prophets and dug down Your altars, and I am left alone, and they seek my life." But what does the Divine answer say to him? "I have reserved to Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal." Even so then, also in this present time a remnant according to the election of grace has come into being." (Rom 11:1-5)

"And if some of the (natural, physical, flesh-seed) branches were broken off, and you (Gentiles), being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them (among the believing remnant of the flesh-seed, and became a sharer of the root and the fatness of the olive tree with them," (Rom 11:17)