• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

"So God created man in His own image;" the word "man" should have the definite article, and should read "the man," that is, Adam - the same Adam spoken of in Gen. 2:7. These are not, therefore, two accounts of the creation of man, but one Divine statement.

"in the image of God created He him;" the image of God was lost at the fall; however, the restoration of the image was carried out at the Cross, but the completion of that restoration will not take place until the First Resurrection.

"male and female He created them." This represents, as far as we know, the first time that God has created the female gender, at least as it regards intelligent beings; there is no record of female Angels.

ref: "The Expositor's Study Bible; KJV

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Permie,

Are you going to answer the question? :th_praying:

Who is Jesus? Is He God come in the flesh, incarnate?

Peace,

Dave

Dave,

I regret that you did not see my earlier post that informed that I had things that I needed and wanted to attend to today. And that I would be replying to the additional posts later sometime as I prefer not to be distracted when replying. I have family from out of town here. Nevertheless, with your insistence that I reply immediately, I told my brother... hang on, there's this person....

Yes. Jesus is not only my God, but He is also my Lord, Savior and High Priest. Jesus is Lord.

Peace be upon you.

Permie,

Yes, but is Jesus God come in the Flesh?

I hate to be insistant but if you were so busy why were you posting in the "satanic infiltrators thread?"

I want to be sure I know who I'm talking to. :24:

As a Moderator here I want to make sure that I am accountable for the content of this Ministry and to do so I want to understand where your understanding is coming from. :emot-cheering:

Peace,

Dave

Praying!

>>>>>()<<<<<

Hallelujah!

Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. Isaiah 8:13-14

Jesus Is Mine

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

I Love You LORD Jesus

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/12/1958

Permie:
Yes, I agree God is Spirit. The scriptures do, to me also, tell that we are spiritual beings.

As for 2-fold, I can go along with that, but ... lol, always a but! But, I also perceive that we have souls making us actually 3 part beings, imo.

We are body, spirit, soul? I need help here. Is this off-topic?

Mark 12:30

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Luke 10:27

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

As for off topic? I don't know... maybe a good thread might be: How do I love God with my soul? Or, maybe... How does the soul affect/influence me?

The Spirit that gives man life (God breathed, breath is equated with God's spirit, life into us causing us to become living souls) anyway... The Spirit that gives man life doesn't have to be instructed to love God, but the soul that doesn't obey/trust/believe in God doesn't know His Spirit... having hid themselves from God just as Adam and Eve did after their disobedience.

So, then the Spirit loves God inherently, but it is the soul of a man (his inclinations, motivations, etc.) that makes the decision to accept Christ or not accept Christ? If we don't accept Christ, then we don't know or recognize the Spirit of God that lives within us from birth? (and yet, the Spirit is there in everyone, from birth, regardless?)To love God in truth our soul must align itself with the spirit of God inside us? So is our soul our "free will"? And our body's just the temple, the shell we leave behind at death?

Sorry that was a LOT of questions. :noidea: I think I'm confused. Is our mind part of our soul? Is the Spirit our strength? Is our heart part of all three? Somebody stop me!!! :verkle:

LOL

Your first paragraph: Just take off the question marks and that is pretty much how I understand it for the most part.

Second paragraph: Our mind is influenced by our soul, yes, as is the rest of our us, but we can master it instead of it mastering us i.e. discipline. And, yes, I consider the Spirit to be our strength: "We can do all things through Christ, who strengthens us."

The heart... hmmm, I tend to think of the heart as our motivations and intentions. Essentially, the soul is the personality... the amalgam of the other three parts: mind, heart, strength... and yet more.

Stop you? I wouldn't think of it!

Grace to you,

There's the glaring error in your line of thought again and it isn't scriptural.

Excuse me for saying this in case I have misrepresented your thoughts. It appears that you think that the Spirit of God, Christ Himself, dwells richly in all men.

This assumption is in error.

A beloved sister and servant of God here," Traveller," wrote this in another thread which has been removed; (I'm not trying to insert Traveller into the discussion. I just find her reasoning sound and scripturally based.)

1Jo 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

So - how can the Light be in those who house the dark? God is holy. He cannot abide evil. Yet, we know that there are those who have unclean spirits in them.

1Jo 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

There it is again.

1Pe 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

1Pe 2:10 Which in time past [were] not a people, but [are] now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Everyone does not have the Spirit of God within them. God has enemies, those who have rejected Him. New Age thinking says that God is in everything and everyone. God is Sovereign, and in ultimate control of all things, but He is not in all things.

Peace,

Dave

Greetings Matthitjah,

The bible can be a hard book as it presents paradoxes that can be hard to reconcile. We are informed of this, I believe, in this scripture:

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter. Proverbs 25:2

As we do this together, it is my hope that what is written in the following scripture will come about.

And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. Luke 24:15

I just luv that! While they communed and reasoned together, Jesus himself drew near. Beautiful, don't you think?

There's the glaring error in your line of thought again and it isn't scriptural.

Excuse me for saying this in case I have misrepresented your thoughts. It appears that you think that the Spirit of God, Christ Himself, dwells richly in all men.

This assumption is in error.

In a way, yes. You have misrepresented my thoughts. I do not think Christ dwells RICHLY in all men.

Have you yet come to decide what the Spirit is called that God breathed into man that has caused us to become living souls?

Or, have thoughts on what it means to be made in the image of God?

Grace and Peace from our Lord Jesus be with you!

Oh, P.S. If I don't get back to you right away, please don't think I am avoiding responding to you. I do, at times, have extra activities to attend to. Plus, then, there are things that I'd rather being doing. Sometimes dishes, ironing and vacuuming are more fun! :24: Quiet time with the Lord... it's a must! :thumbsup:

Edited by Permie

I have a question on a particular scripture and hope that I have placed this topic in the correct forum.

My question is simple. What does this scripture mean?

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:27

Hello Permie!

I think we can look at this passage this way. If God had a mold to make humans, it was Adam. This mold was to reflect God and so Adam is a refection of God. Adam was not God, he was part of Gods creation. As God is unique in that there is nothing like Him, in creation there is nothing like mankind. When God created Adam He gave Adam some God-like qualities. Intellegence, emotions, language, and a conscience. Psalms 139:14 we are wonderfully made.

Hope this helps

e

Yes, indeed, e, we are fearfully and wonderfully made!

Those are some good thoughts; thank you for sharing them.

There's been another question raised in this thread, which is: What is the Spirit called that God breathed into man that caused him to become a living soul? As we know the breath of God is equated with His Spirit, I think it is the Spirit of Christ, but am looking to see if I am in error as has been mentioned. Do you have any insight on this?

I think it may have been you and I who spoke briefly in another thread about the meaning of Christ. That it came from the Greek word, christos and it means: anointed, or the anointed one. The word messiah means the same thing.

This anointing enables the serving of God in a position of responsibility and sometimes will also provide divine enablement.

When Jesus made His proclamation, or announcement, of who He was, He said:

18 “ The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me,

Because He has anointed Me

To preach the gospel to the poor;

He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,

To proclaim liberty to the captives

And recovery of sight to the blind,

To set at liberty those who are oppressed;

19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.” Luke 4:18-19

Do you agree that there are many examples of anointed ones? I do see that there are, and while there may be many anointed ones, there is only one "The Anointed One", whom is a High Priest along the order of Mechelzidek.

Permie -

I do believe you fail to understand what "Messiah" is.

"The Anointed One" is not a mere title to give to anyone who is anointed by God. Otherwise the Scripture would call David "Messiah."

The Messiah of Israel is unique and special. There are no "other" Messiahs or "little" Messiahs. There is only one sent by God to be the Savior and Redeemer, only one conquoring king.

In this you greatly err.

And that was the only portion of my response that you could reply to?

"The term "mashiach" literally means "the anointed one," and refers to the ancient practice of anointing kings with oil when they took the throne. The mashiach is the one who will be anointed as king in the End of Days."

According to Revelation, we are called to be Kings and Priests of God.

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Revelation 1:6

Edited by Matthitjah
Link not allowed

Permie,

Are you going to answer the question? :noidea:

Who is Jesus? Is He God come in the flesh, incarnate?

Peace,

Dave

Dave,

I regret that you did not see my earlier post that informed that I had things that I needed and wanted to attend to today. And that I would be replying to the additional posts later sometime as I prefer not to be distracted when replying. I have family from out of town here. Nevertheless, with your insistence that I reply immediately, I told my brother... hang on, there's this person....

Yes. Jesus is not only my God, but He is also my Lord, Savior and High Priest. Jesus is Lord.

Peace be upon you.

Permie,

Yes, but is Jesus God come in the Flesh?

I hate to be insistant but if you were so busy why were you posting in the "satanic infiltrators thread?"

I want to be sure I know who I'm talking to. :24:

As a Moderator here I want to make sure that I am accountable for the content of this Ministry and to do so I want to understand where your understanding is coming from. :verkle:

Peace,

Dave

Yes, Jesus came in the flesh, God incarnate.

With all due respect, Dave, if you "hate" something, you don't have to continue doing it. :thumbsup:

Sometimes a minute here and there is all I have, and I didn't just want to give cursory replies here in this thread. I had not even read the other replies in this thread when I said I had other things I needed and wanted to do. Otherwise, I don't plan on explaining how my "minutes" are divided up, and how those minutes are used as they become available to me.

Edited by Permie

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

It means that man is created in Gods image..the emotions we have is cause God has them ..love..hate ..etc...the creativity as well as the ability to procreate comes from God...however..the fall distorted all these God functions in us so to speak ..the Bible speaks of the "arm " of God..the "hand of God " etc...things that humans have ...if you want more detail I will almost have to post a whole bible study on here ok...lol...but hopefully you get the jist of it ..

Welcome to Worthy, Alpha. Why don't you expand on your post above? :verkle:

Well thanks Morning Glory..I will expand on it just a little more then.In Genesis chapter 5 there is an exiplicit comparison. It says again that God made man in HIS IMAGE..however after the fall...look at verse 3...it says that now ADAM had a son in HIS OWN IMAGE...no longer in the image of God..why ? Cause sin had came in ..and sin had distorted the image of God in man now ...1 cor.chapter 15 tells us thru and by one man sin entered in the world and death came to all...sin infected everyone .However man stil has some attributes of His Creator..ability to create...think..procreate etc...but no longer the CHARACTER of God ..this is why when one recieves Christ we are to be like HIM...restored back to the character of God ...its in Christ that the sin nature can be nulified thus restoring man back to a relationship with His Creator and restoring back man to his original image if you will...thus..Christ is the expressed image of God...not ADAM....thus in human line if you will...all are made in the Image of ADAM..fallen man...but thru Christ ...we are born again in the image of God ...hope this satisfies your request ..thanks again

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think it may have been you and I who spoke briefly in another thread about the meaning of Christ. That it came from the Greek word, christos and it means: anointed, or the anointed one. The word messiah means the same thing.

This anointing enables the serving of God in a position of responsibility and sometimes will also provide divine enablement.