• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

OneLight,

What was inadequate in my original response, post #122, to your question?

What more are you looking for? I obey what is instructed as a result of the prayer prayed. The result can be and most often is instantaneously life changing. Other times, however, the appropriate response does not yield such quick results, such as "being a living example" would take time.

I do not wish to find out what not obeying what was instructed would yield. I can imagine though that for a person whom needs a living example to be instructed in the ways of the Lord, that if I decided I knew better than God and took a different tack and decided to speak to that person, I could totally cause that person to run.

On the other hand, if I decided to not speak the words the Lord gave me to speak to someone, and thought it better to be a living example instead, what do you suppose the result of that would be? Besides, the obvious of God finding someone else whom is obedient to work through?

I am not looking for anything more then to understand what you are saying.

I agree. We should never go against His leading when dealing with another. Yet, I have to wonder why it was that He allowed me to notice a sin if it were not to speak the truth to them. It may not be right then and there. He may still have more to show me, or wisdom to bestow upon me, but He never reveals anything without a purpose. One need to seek and understand what the purpose is. It may very well be that He is leading another to speak to a person who sins, and is preparing me to be the second or third witness. Only He knows the correct way to deal with any situation, and if we are paying attention, He may reveal it to us.

"Noticing a sin"... could that be roundabout way of saying that something in particular was "revealed"? Otherwise, I don't know how difficult it is to see sin.

Yes, I used the word twice after, but forgot to rewrite the first incident.

I too have had such revelations. If this is what you are talking about, I believe that this is done so that you are aware of what it is that is being dealt with. With this knowledge, future interactions can be geared towards that specifically while also staying within guidelines as provided by scripture, such as shown in post #128.

As always, there are exceptions. There are individuals whom are sufficiently humble whom can be outright instructed: Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. Proverbs 9:9

If you are unsure of how to proceed, I'd engage in more prayer.

For myself, I can tell when God is moving me. And, perhaps this is what is to be waited on in your particular situation?

I agree. He moves and only reveals the secrets of another when He needs us to obey. I am sure there are other reasons why He would reveal the sin of someone, for the protection of another as one example. A person may be in charge of the church treasury and an accountant thief. That is why it is so relevant and important to listen, understand and obey.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/12/1958

OneLight,

What was inadequate in my original response, post #122, to your question?

What more are you looking for? I obey what is instructed as a result of the prayer prayed. The result can be and most often is instantaneously life changing. Other times, however, the appropriate response does not yield such quick results, such as "being a living example" would take time.

I do not wish to find out what not obeying what was instructed would yield. I can imagine though that for a person whom needs a living example to be instructed in the ways of the Lord, that if I decided I knew better than God and took a different tack and decided to speak to that person, I could totally cause that person to run.

On the other hand, if I decided to not speak the words the Lord gave me to speak to someone, and thought it better to be a living example instead, what do you suppose the result of that would be? Besides, the obvious of God finding someone else whom is obedient to work through?

I am not looking for anything more then to understand what you are saying.

I agree. We should never go against His leading when dealing with another. Yet, I have to wonder why it was that He allowed me to notice a sin if it were not to speak the truth to them. It may not be right then and there. He may still have more to show me, or wisdom to bestow upon me, but He never reveals anything without a purpose. One need to seek and understand what the purpose is. It may very well be that He is leading another to speak to a person who sins, and is preparing me to be the second or third witness. Only He knows the correct way to deal with any situation, and if we are paying attention, He may reveal it to us.

"Noticing a sin"... could that be roundabout way of saying that something in particular was "revealed"? Otherwise, I don't know how difficult it is to see sin.

Yes, I used the word twice after, but forgot to rewrite the first incident.

I too have had such revelations. If this is what you are talking about, I believe that this is done so that you are aware of what it is that is being dealt with. With this knowledge, future interactions can be geared towards that specifically while also staying within guidelines as provided by scripture, such as shown in post #128.

As always, there are exceptions. There are individuals whom are sufficiently humble whom can be outright instructed: Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. Proverbs 9:9

If you are unsure of how to proceed, I'd engage in more prayer.

For myself, I can tell when God is moving me. And, perhaps this is what is to be waited on in your particular situation?

I agree. He moves and only reveals the secrets of another when He needs us to obey. I am sure there are other reasons why He would reveal the sin of someone, for the protection of another as one example. A person may be in charge of the church treasury and an accountant thief. That is why it is so relevant and important to listen, understand and obey.

In such a situation of the example given, I would go immediately to whom would be the most hurt, which is often the same person whom gave such an individual their job.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

If the Holy Spirit can make a glorious creation out of the most desolate place, He can bring forth a glorious new creation out of the most desolate, confused, and empty life.

http://afministry.ning.com (New Studies Every Day)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I understand that not everyone picks up the Lord exactly the same. That is to say that some get more visions and dreams and to some His voice comes across as more just impressions than a still small voice. And with all He can do what He wishes, but we also see that things happen according to our believe. So many times He said 'according to your faith let it be done."

So if someone thinks that to hear from the Lord they must fast and pray for a week or so, what is going to have to happen for them to hear from the Lord, according to their faith?

I hear from the Lord ten to 20 times a day. I used 1 Jn 4: 1-3 to check the spirits. That test does not need a week of fasting and prayer. And what is prayer, if not a conversation with the Lord? And He said that He would never leave us. Do we act like we believe this?

More often than not I find that the Lord tells me things about others to help me understand what is happening, so I can learn from it, and not so that I have to get involved or even mention something to them. That does not mean that He hasn't reveal others secrets to me because I need to bring a message of take some type of action. Yet even in those cases when I need to bring a message or take some type of action, I often just get the instruction of what to do without information of why what I am doing is important.

If a person is stealing from the church, do I need to know? Why? The Lord knows. He can easily figure out something for me to do or say, that causes the person to be aware that the Lord knows, without me even understanding that what I am doing or saying is drawing attention to it. On the other hand, He has often told me that something was happening, and that He was going to take care of it, so the only reason He told me was that I could learn from it.

How can we really follow the Lord, if we believe that we can only hear from the Lord after extensive prayer and maybe fasting? How can we really learn from the Lord if we can only hear from Him after extensive prayer? He said that a certain type of demon would only come out with fasting and prayer. It was a deaf dumb spirit. Yet concerning finding Him, He said seek and you shall find. And isn't it written that God is not slow to respond like we think. We have got to stop thinking that way.

Isaiah wrote that in the day we would hear a voice behind us everytime we turned to the left or right. I think we need to start believing for that type of relationship.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

In Ephesians 2:10, we read the following: "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

The reason why God would show anyone anything is because He has assigned them to do His work in what He has brought to them. God does not gossip, so He will never show anyone someones sin just so they will know. He does this for a purpose. He is leading them to do something, something that may be shown to them right then and there, or down the line, but it is not given to them just to know.

We are to be in constant communication with God all through out the day, in all that we do. This does not mean that we have to be praying 24/7, but when we are not praying, we are listening. Communication is a two way street, going both ways.

I understand what you are trying to say, CBE1, but I need to point out that your use of the statement "So many times He said 'according to your faith let it be done." is incorrect. Jesus only said this one, in Matthew 9:28-29.

"And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them,