mikerunk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Many abilities that humans can posses seem to seem supernatural. Although what if they are natural and we have lost this ability over time. Look at the book of Acts, I was talking in another thread how we dont see these type of actions anymore, maybe in small form, such as speaking in tounges. the Spirit of God can bring prophecy, interpretation of prophecies, and dreams. Also healing, and raising of the dead. Jesus pointed out that we are able to do and live as he did. When was the last time you walked on water or raised the dead. I think over 2000 years the church has lost so much of its power because of the institutions that have built up around the faith, in order to control the people. We automaticly say people who have these gifts or sinfull if there not Christian, but what if these abilities are just natural to them and the rest of us have not yet reached that level.

the way i see it is that in the book of joel theres a verse that says in the last day god will pour out his spirit on ALL FLESH and i think thats exactly what god meant ALL FLESH- not just his covenet people. now its up to the person to use these gifts to glorify god or misuse it for selfish reasons. i dont know where the verse is but it says that the gifts and calling of god are WITHOUT REPENTENCE..........then there is also the scientific aspect of it. it has been proven that under the right circumstances the human brain can send and recieve radio signals (for example many war vets that get metal plates in there head report hearing in there mind radio stations) but thats only one example. i know that there is a devil and we need god's wisdom and protection when it comes to matters such as these.

God will not give His gifts to those who are not His.

flesh

Strong's H1320 - basar

בָּשָׂר

1) flesh

...a) of the body

......1) of humans

......2) of animals

...b) the body itself

...c) male organ of generation (euphemism)

...d) kindred, blood-relations

...e) flesh as frail or erring (man against God)

...f) all living things

...g) animals

...h) mankind

I am sure God was talking about d) kindred, blood-relations. Since we are His through Christ, we are His children covered with the blood of Christ.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

When was the last time you walked on water or raised the dead.

2004. He is a healthy young boy running around his village in Zavora in Mozambique today. And I did not raise the dead. Jesus did it through the prayers of my brother and his wife, who refused to accept another maleria death of a baby in it's mother arms.

When was the last time you walked on water or raised the dead.

2004. He is a healthy young boy running around his village in Zavora in Mozambique today. And I did not raise the dead. Jesus did it through the prayers of my brother and his wife, who refused to accept another maleria death of a baby in it's mother arms.

Hallelujah!

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12

It Happens Every Day But God Does Not Share His Glory

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

And Neither Will May Unbelievers Believe

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. Luke 16:27-31

To Their Eternal Sorrow

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36