mikerunk

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

All right I need some help. I have a friend who has demonstrated paranormal ability's. She seems to have the ability to read thoughts at least to some degree, its not all the time but its enough to know that its not dumb luck. She also says that she can read people's personality, like there Aura. I also believe she has the ability to see spirits. She has had these gifts ever sense she was very very little, it was her grandmother who first brought these ability's attention. She claims that both her grandmother and her mom are practicing witch's. She has had many experience with the supernatural growing up. Now everything I have pieced together these are ability's sense she was at least four years old, maybe even younger with out realizing it.

Now here the thing, the bible warns against physic's, mediums and clairvoyants. Now I believe in a few things, first that the bible is talking about those with these ability's gained through Witchcraft, Vodoo, or other Mystical practice. However I believe that any one born with these ability's are given these ability's by the devil or by demons. I think children are protected from demonic possession and other demonic activity's because children and baby's especially can not make the choice between good or evil. So the question is can God give people these type of gifts at birth? Look the main things is I want to be able to give her answers to these questions, but I don't know the biblical answers to this question. So if you guys could help I would be most grateful.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think children are protected from demonic possession and other demonic activity's because children and baby's especially can not make the choice between good or evil.

I disagree.

Mothers can impart anything to their children.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

It's a familiar spirit that is passed down from generation to generation...and yes, by demonic power. I had to repent of it, of ever seeing it as a gift, and it went away. My son, who is not repentant is having alot of trouble with it. It is *not* a gift!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

IMHO, these abilities are either.........

1. A total crock

2. Satanic in origin

I don't think God endows unborn children with psychic abilities.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I have friends with a similar history. These powers are real, but demonic in origin. I think she may have a God given sensitivity to the spiritual but not these things. I had a friend who used to do this, became a Christian and these powers went away, save for being a bit more able to discern the spiritual element around them. they were more sensitive as well to the holy spirit. These can be passed down by the mom and grandmother. Pray for her and keep praying.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Many abilities that humans can posses seem to seem supernatural. Although what if they are natural and we have lost this ability over time. Look at the book of Acts, I was talking in another thread how we dont see these type of actions anymore, maybe in small form, such as speaking in tounges. the Spirit of God can bring prophecy, interpretation of prophecies, and dreams. Also healing, and raising of the dead. Jesus pointed out that we are able to do and live as he did. When was the last time you walked on water or raised the dead. I think over 2000 years the church has lost so much of its power because of the institutions that have built up around the faith, in order to control the people. We automaticly say people who have these gifts or sinfull if there not Christian, but what if these abilities are just natural to them and the rest of us have not yet reached that level.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

All right I need some help. I have a friend who has demonstrated paranormal ability's. She seems to have the ability to read thoughts at least to some degree, its not all the time but its enough to know that its not dumb luck. She also says that she can read people's personality, like there Aura. I also believe she has the ability to see spirits. She has had these gifts ever sense she was very very little, it was her grandmother who first brought these ability's attention. She claims that both her grandmother and her mom are practicing witch's. She has had many experience with the supernatural growing up. Now everything I have pieced together these are ability's sense she was at least four years old, maybe even younger with out realizing it.

Now here the thing, the bible warns against physic's, mediums and clairvoyants. Now I believe in a few things, first that the bible is talking about those with these ability's gained through Witchcraft, Vodoo, or other Mystical practice. However I believe that any one born with these ability's are given these ability's by the devil or by demons. I think children are protected from demonic possession and other demonic activity's because children and baby's especially can not make the choice between good or evil. So the question is can God give people these type of gifts at birth? Look the main things is I want to be able to give her answers to these questions, but I don't know the biblical answers to this question. So if you guys could help I would be most grateful.

To the best of my understanding God did not give this to them. In the book of the Genesis about the 6th chapter, it talks about the Nephilim how the sons of God has taken human wives for themselves and their babies had supernatural strength. More over I also recall God saying the following..

Exodus 34:7

who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations."

The newliving translation makes it really clear

Exodus 34:7

I lavish unfailing love to a thousand generations.

I forgive iniquity, rebellion, and sin.

But I do not excuse the guilty.

I lay the sins of the parents upon their children and grandchildren;

the entire family is affected—

even children in the third and fourth generations.

I belive God allowed these children to have these abilities because of the sins of her mother and grandmother. I mean the Bible does make it clear. And they are not christians yet so the blood of Jesus did not free them from the old covenant yet..

However, I want to make one point really clear. These supernatural abilities are counterfeit.. the real ability to prophecy comes from God. And ask this girl tot ell you about the future, she cannot. She can tell you about the past, but the true supernatural ability which comes from God comes can foretell the future because God is outside of time!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

She gets this power from Satan, through which she can hear from a "familiar (demon) spirit".

In short, the demon or demons can have information on anybody and on many things, they are invisible from our eyes.

In her mind, she can hear the demon speak, often times attributing this to some "gift".

The shortest example I can give here would be two people together.

One has a familiar demon spirit that they can hear from.

The other may have the enemy around them as well, but do not know this.

One demon, conversing with the familiar spirit demon says, this man's mothers name is Suzy Q. Public.

The familiar demon projects this information to the one that can in their mind hear the "familiars" voice and say's "This person's mother's name is Suzy Q. Public.

The witch then verbally tells the listener, "Your mother's name is Suzy Q. Public."

The listener is wowed by this information that the one with the false "gift" knows. The two unseen demons just laugh, looking to keep both lost souls in the faith of man and Satan.

Many times this is played off the same way on TV, as they tell their listening audience, "Your dead mother is here, this is what she has to say to you". And again, those that are being spoken to in the audience are "wowed".

2Ch 33:6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Lev 19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

-Outcome:

Lev 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

1Sa 28:7 Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor.

-Outcome:

1Ch 10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;

Act 16:16-18

(16) And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

(17) The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

(18) And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

-Outcome:

The owners of the possessed woman knew that she lost her power of demon witchcraft. They lied about Paul and Silas had them beaten, and tossed in jail. They then sang praises to God from jail, an earthquake from God, doors opened, bands loosed. The prison guard went on to be saved by Paul's testimony. They were then set free by the magistrates.

(Acts 16: 19-40)

-On the other side of the same coin, there are also "fakers" that purport the same ability. And are nothing more than just being very keen at getting information from elsewhere, or just being able to read the facts clearer than most, like a good detective.

This would be similar to the false prophet below, information is "found out" on information derived from a "neighbor". They then come across, like it was received of God when in fact, it was receive from information gathered from some "neighbor". Even though they may not have a "familiar spirit" they still serve Satan through their deceptions.

Jer 23:21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.

Jer 23:30-32

(30) Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that steal my words every one from his neighbour.

(31) Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.

(32) Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.

As far as her seeing spirits, this is possible, through the same demonic power. It is a perversion of 1Cor 12:10 "discerning of spirits".

The "Aura" is just the enemy putting on a light show for her, and others that say they have the same ability.

Read Jeremiah 23 as a whole. Much is identical in the present today.

So the question is can God give people these type of gifts at birth?

No, it's a curse.

Deu 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

If one repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ, we can thank Him for bearing this curse also, and it's being broken entirely in Him.

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Here's a test to get your friend started in the Right direction: http://www.NeedGod.com

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Run to the safety of the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I had always considered telepathy as an alternate form of communication. I had telepathic experiences when I was in my teens. I thought it was really cool but I didn't pursue a career in reading minds. I would think brainwave activity would concern the realm of science rather than the occult. Perhaps it is a lost ability from before the age of phonetics. :laugh: