mikerunk

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Clearly this is just a sign of the times ...

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

When we take into account the full understanding of the word, we can find prophesy to mean foreseen, or a type of mind reading. I think its a spiritual gift which needs to be admonished as such. :24:

All gifts are from God the Father. What we choose to use them for might be another issue.

Blessings,

Everlasting

:)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/25/1991

All right I need some help. I have a friend who has demonstrated paranormal ability's. She seems to have the ability to read thoughts at least to some degree, its not all the time but its enough to know that its not dumb luck. She also says that she can read people's personality, like there Aura. I also believe she has the ability to see spirits. She has had these gifts ever sense she was very very little, it was her grandmother who first brought these ability's attention. She claims that both her grandmother and her mom are practicing witch's. She has had many experience with the supernatural growing up. Now everything I have pieced together these are ability's sense she was at least four years old, maybe even younger with out realizing it.

Now here the thing, the bible warns against physic's, mediums and clairvoyants. Now I believe in a few things, first that the bible is talking about those with these ability's gained through Witchcraft, Vodoo, or other Mystical practice. However I believe that any one born with these ability's are given these ability's by the devil or by demons. I think children are protected from demonic possession and other demonic activity's because children and baby's especially can not make the choice between good or evil. So the question is can God give people these type of gifts at birth? Look the main things is I want to be able to give her answers to these questions, but I don't know the biblical answers to this question. So if you guys could help I would be most grateful.

I am not completely sure you understand what your learning from this. Some people have these abilities. Some are explainable, and some aren't. Aura reading is possible, but also very difficult. Witch however is not exactly the word I would use. Try Pagan or Neo-Pagan. There are great differences. Young children have the tendency to overexaderate the things that happen to them, but I can not say that about your friend for I do not know what she has gone through.

The ability that you refer to however is not gained through 'Witchcraft, Voodoo, and practices'. Some are just born with it. John the Apostle was. It was not a gift of God or any magic. He was merely born with it. It no gift of Satan either. You however do have good view on the children of the Human race. They do not have the capability of choosing. And a Demon can not take over them for they are still pure. Once older, they may lose the ability to ward off the Demon.

Tell me of your friend. What exactly has she seen, felt, and/or heard during her experiences. I may be able to help you.

By the way. Don't call it Witchcraft. It's a steriotype. A mean steriotype.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

IMHO, these abilities are either.........

1. A total crock

2. Satanic in origin

I don't think God endows unborn children with psychic abilities.

Hmmmmm, my ESP is telling me I'm going to pick #1 and #2.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

The ability that you refer to however is not gained through 'Witchcraft, Voodoo, and practices'. Some are just born with it. John the Apostle was. It was not a gift of God or any magic. He was merely born with it. It no gift of Satan either. You however do have good view on the children of the Human race. They do not have the capability of choosing. And a Demon can not take over them for they are still pure. Once older, they may lose the ability to ward off the Demon.

Tell me of your friend. What exactly has she seen, felt, and/or heard during her experiences. I may be able to help you.

Please provide proof so your statement above. Not Wiccan proof, either

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/25/1991

Wiccans and Pagans cannot give proof for it with our own religion. John was Chrsitian. Well as far as I know he was. Right now I can't come up with the proof. Give me some time and i will eventually.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Wiccans and Pagans cannot give proof for it with our own religion. John was Chrsitian. Well as far as I know he was. Right now I can't come up with the proof. Give me some time and i will eventually.

Alright, if you can't give proof with your own "religion", than please prove it using your Christian "knowledge." Otherwise you shouldn't make such statements. I don't believe that you can come up with the proof in any way, but I will give you the "time" to find it. It shouldn't be that hard since you have enough confidence to make such a statement.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

IMHO, these abilities are either.........

1. A total crock

2. Satanic in origin

I don't think God endows unborn children with psychic abilities.

Hmmmmm, my ESP is telling me I'm going to pick #1 and #2.

:blink:

.... Some are just born with it. John the Apostle was. It was not a gift of God or any magic. He was merely born with it ....

My Brother Was Merely Born A Sinner

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Proverbs 8:36

But The Gift

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

John 15:3

Of God

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Colossians 1:12-14

Saves

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1 Corinthians 2:2

A Fellow

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Revelation 5:9

>>>>>()>>>>>

Believe

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:9-10

And Be Blessed Beloved

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 1:7

Love, Joe

Welcome!

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Matthew 7:12-15

>>>>>()<<<<<

Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged."

Right

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

On

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:35-36

Or

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Not

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Mark 9:47-48

>>>>>()<<<<<

Flee

Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:16-17

The Wrath

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:11-15

To Come

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Revelation 22:13-15

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Some are just born with it. John the Apostle was. It was not a gift of God or any magic. He was merely born with it.

Hi, Tenshi -

Why do you say this?