IGNORED

Rebuilding the Temple

Trusting Jesus

Guest shiloh357
It will be worked out and the Temple will be rebuilt. I don't know how, but I know God will lead them in the details.

<>< ><>

Nathele

God has BEEN rebuilding the temple ever since Christ returned to heaven. Believers corporately are the temple. I Pet 2:5

The abomination of desolation has ALREADY been in the temple. The pagan Roman Army tore it down, stone upon stone in 70 AD and even stole the gold from between the stones.

Not hardly. That is opinion, not biblical fact.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

It will be worked out and the Temple will be rebuilt. I don't know how, but I know God will lead them in the details.

<>< ><>

Nathele

God has BEEN rebuilding the temple ever since Christ returned to heaven. Believers corporately are the temple. I Pet 2:5

The abomination of desolation has ALREADY been in the temple. The pagan Roman Army tore it down, stone upon stone in 70 AD and even stole the gold from between the stones.

If that is the case then why build a temple during the riegn of Christ? What about the temple spoken of in Eze? There has never been a temple with those demintions built. What about the antichrist? The bible says that he will sit in the temple of God showing himself to be God. There must be a temple to sit in before the antichrist can show himself to be God while he is sitting in the temple.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings,

Here's a couple of articles I had from November 2009 from Israeli mainstream news media writing on the building of the Third Temple supposedy to begin March 15/16 of this year. Time will tell.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1131599.html

Last update - 09:13 30/11/2009

If the Vilna Gaon was right, the 3rd Temple is on its way

If the 18th-century rabbinic authority the Vilna Gaon was right, on March 16, 2010, construction will begin on the third Temple. His projection states that the auspicious day will coincide with the third completion of the Hurva Synagogue in Jerusalem's Jewish Quarter.

The great day is at hand: On March 15, the reconstructed Hurva Synagogue, considered the most important house of prayer in Jerusalem will be rededicated. It was last destroyed in the War of Independence.

However, during the reconstruction process, the Hurva has become a bone of contention between ultra-Orthodox and other Jerusalemites.

The conflict is over what kind of institution the Hurva will be. A group of secular and national-religious Jerusalemites say that if the state does not act quickly, the Hurva will become another ultra-Orthodox synagogue, where women and tourists are unwelcome.

"The government has invested millions in the restoration of the synagogue. It is a place of special value to tourists. The Jewish Quarter has dozens of synagogues and it doesn't need another one," said Tehila Nahlon, an activist.

The debate reflects wider issues of identity facing the Jewish Quarter, which has become increasingly ultra-Orthodox in recent years.

City councilwoman Rachel Azariya said, "The Hurva must not become just another synagogue, and the Jewish Quarter just another Haredi neighborhood."

The Hurva, whose name means "ruin," was initially built by disciples of Rabbi Judah Hahasid in the early 18th century. It was destroyed shortly thereafter by Muslims demanding the return of loans given to build the synagogue. After it was rebuilt in the mid-19th century, it became the most important synagogue in the country, but it was blown up in 1948 by the Jordan Legion a few days before the fall of the Jewish Quarter in the War of Independence.

In 2001, after years of debate, the government decided to restore the building.

The historic building, whose famous dome one more dominates the skyline of the Jewish Quarter, has now been meticulously recreated, including furnishings and wall frescoes.

However, secular and Zionist Orthodox Jerusalemites are concerned that two developments could lead to the synagogue becoming ultra-Orthodox.

The first was the appointment of a rabbi for the synagogue - which happened about three years ago, when it was still a concrete shell - Rehovot's chief rabbi Simcha Hacohen Kook, who is considered close to the ultra-Orthodox non-Hassidic leader Rabbi Yosef Elyashiv. He was chosen by a panel of rabbis, with the blessing of Sephardic Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar.

"A government company built the synagogue. There are procedures for how people are chosen. They made this choice to prevent the appointment of a Zionist Orthodox rabbi," said Anat Mufkadi, a member of the group concerned about the synagogue. Rabbi Elyashiv reportedly told Haredi journalist Shlomo Kook, the synagogue rabbi's nephew, that the expedited appointment was intended to "stop up gaps," comments understood to mean keeping a Zionist Orthodox rabbi from getting the post.

The CEO of the Jewish Quarter Development Company, which built the syangogue, Nissim Arazi, who said he was surprised by the rabbi's appointment, refused to attend his investiture ceremony three years ago. "It's not clear to me why a rabbi is necessary when there isn't even a synagogue and we don't know who the congregation will be," he told Haaretz a few days ago. However, Arazi said he believes Kook is a worthy candidate.

The second development is that Arazi is soon to be replaced, along with five out of the eight board members of the Jewish Quarter Development Company. By law, the new board members are to be chosen by Housing Minister Ariel Atias, a Shas member. The cabinet has also given the Western Wall Heritage Foundation, a government body headed by the Western Wall rabbi, Shmuel Rabinovich, a say in the choice of the new board members. Under Rabinovich's tenure, some have said the Western Wall area has become more ultra-Orthodox.

The activists say the reconstructed synagogue should present the historical saga of the Jewish Quarter, display archaeological finds unearthed there, and be fully accessible to tourists, men and women together. The group wants to prevent a round-the-clock kollel (yeshiva for married men) from opening there, which would preclude any other activity.

However, for the ultra-Orthodox, the matter is unequivocal: "The question is whether this will be a synagogue and a house of study, or a display of all sorts of foolishness," the Jewish Quarter's rabbi Avigdor Nebenzahl said on an ultra-Orthodox Web site.

The journalist, Kook, said: "My uncle is close to all communities, he is not a classic Haredi or a fanatic. He doesn't expect the site to become a Haredi synagogue with 50 prayers a day. He understands that it's a different synagogue. But it's important to him that it be more a synagogue than a museum."

----------------------------

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?...8&nid=20063

Monday, November 30, 2009 Israel Today Staff

Will the Third Temple be built next year?

According to a centuries-old rabbinical prophecy that appears to be coming true, on March 16, 2010, Israel will begin construction of the Third Temple in Jerusalem.

During the 18th century, the Vilna Gaon, a respected rabbinical authority, prophesied that the Hurva Synagoge in Jerusalem, which was built during his day, would be destroyed and rebuilt twice, and that when the Hurva was completed for the third time, construction on the Third Temple would begin.

The Hurva Synagogue was first destroyed shortly after its initial construction when Muslims demanding the return of loans tore it down. The synagogue was rebuilt a hundred years later and became the most important Jewish house of worship in the Holy Land, only be blown to pieces by Jordanian troops during Israel's 1948 War of Independence.

In 2001, Israel finally decided to rebuild the landmark, which today stands in the center of the Jewish Quarter in Jerusalem's Old City. The building is scheduled to be completed and the Hurva Synagogue dedicated for the third time on March 15 of next year.

Blessings,

Here's a couple of articles I had from November 2009 from Israeli mainstream news media writing on the building of the Third Temple supposedy to begin March 15/16 of this year. Time will tell.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1131599.html

Last update - 09:13 30/11/2009

If the Vilna Gaon was right, the 3rd Temple is on its way

If the 18th-century rabbinic authority the Vilna Gaon was right, on March 16, 2010, construction will begin on the third Temple. His projection states that the auspicious day will coincide with the third completion of the Hurva Synagogue in Jerusalem's Jewish Quarter.

The great day is at hand: On March 15, the reconstructed Hurva Synagogue, considered the most important house of prayer in Jerusalem will be rededicated. It was last destroyed in the War of Independence.

However, during the reconstruction process, the Hurva has become a bone of contention between ultra-Orthodox and other Jerusalemites.

The conflict is over what kind of institution the Hurva will be. A group of secular and national-religious Jerusalemites say that if the state does not act quickly, the Hurva will become another ultra-Orthodox synagogue, where women and tourists are unwelcome.

"The government has invested millions in the restoration of the synagogue. It is a place of special value to tourists. The Jewish Quarter has dozens of synagogues and it doesn't need another one," said Tehila Nahlon, an activist.

The debate reflects wider issues of identity facing the Jewish Quarter, which has become increasingly ultra-Orthodox in recent years.

City councilwoman Rachel Azariya said, "The Hurva must not become just another synagogue, and the Jewish Quarter just another Haredi neighborhood."

The Hurva, whose name means "ruin," was initially built by disciples of Rabbi Judah Hahasid in the early 18th century. It was destroyed shortly thereafter by Muslims demanding the return of loans given to build the synagogue. After it was rebuilt in the mid-19th century, it became the most important synagogue in the country, but it was blown up in 1948 by the Jordan Legion a few days before the fall of the Jewish Quarter in the War of Independence.

In 2001, after years of debate, the government decided to restore the building.

The historic building, whose famous dome one more dominates the skyline of the Jewish Quarter, has now been meticulously recreated, including furnishings and wall frescoes.

However, secular and Zionist Orthodox Jerusalemites are concerned that two developments could lead to the synagogue becoming ultra-Orthodox.

The first was the appointment of a rabbi for the synagogue - which happened about three years ago, when it was still a concrete shell - Rehovot's chief rabbi Simcha Hacohen Kook, who is considered close to the ultra-Orthodox non-Hassidic leader Rabbi Yosef Elyashiv. He was chosen by a panel of rabbis, with the blessing of Sephardic Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar.

"A government company built the synagogue. There are procedures for how people are chosen. They made this choice to prevent the appointment of a Zionist Orthodox rabbi," said Anat Mufkadi, a member of the group concerned about the synagogue. Rabbi Elyashiv reportedly told Haredi journalist Shlomo Kook, the synagogue rabbi's nephew, that the expedited appointment was intended to "stop up gaps," comments understood to mean keeping a Zionist Orthodox rabbi from getting the post.

The CEO of the Jewish Quarter Development Company, which built the syangogue, Nissim Arazi, who said he was surprised by the rabbi's appointment, refused to attend his investiture ceremony three years ago. "It's not clear to me why a rabbi is necessary when there isn't even a synagogue and we don't know who the congregation will be," he told Haaretz a few days ago. However, Arazi said he believes Kook is a worthy candidate.

The second development is that Arazi is soon to be replaced, along with five out of the eight board members of the Jewish Quarter Development Company. By law, the new board members are to be chosen by Housing Minister Ariel Atias, a Shas member. The cabinet has also given the Western Wall Heritage Foundation, a government body headed by the Western Wall rabbi, Shmuel Rabinovich, a say in the choice of the new board members. Under Rabinovich's tenure, some have said the Western Wall area has become more ultra-Orthodox.

The activists say the reconstructed synagogue should present the historical saga of the Jewish Quarter, display archaeological finds unearthed there, and be fully accessible to tourists, men and women together. The group wants to prevent a round-the-clock kollel (yeshiva for married men) from opening there, which would preclude any other activity.

However, for the ultra-Orthodox, the matter is unequivocal: "The question is whether this will be a synagogue and a house of study, or a display of all sorts of foolishness," the Jewish Quarter's rabbi Avigdor Nebenzahl said on an ultra-Orthodox Web site.

The journalist, Kook, said: "My uncle is close to all communities, he is not a classic Haredi or a fanatic. He doesn't expect the site to become a Haredi synagogue with 50 prayers a day. He understands that it's a different synagogue. But it's important to him that it be more a synagogue than a museum."

----------------------------

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?...8&nid=20063

Monday, November 30, 2009 Israel Today Staff

Will the Third Temple be built next year?

According to a centuries-old rabbinical prophecy that appears to be coming true, on March 16, 2010, Israel will begin construction of the Third Temple in Jerusalem.

During the 18th century, the Vilna Gaon, a respected rabbinical authority, prophesied that the Hurva Synagoge in Jerusalem, which was built during his day, would be destroyed and rebuilt twice, and that when the Hurva was completed for the third time, construction on the Third Temple would begin.

The Hurva Synagogue was first destroyed shortly after its initial construction when Muslims demanding the return of loans tore it down. The synagogue was rebuilt a hundred years later and became the most important Jewish house of worship in the Holy Land, only be blown to pieces by Jordanian troops during Israel's 1948 War of Independence.

In 2001, Israel finally decided to rebuild the landmark, which today stands in the center of the Jewish Quarter in Jerusalem's Old City. The building is scheduled to be completed and the Hurva Synagogue dedicated for the third time on March 15 of next year.

There is no question about it. There will be another temple and I can say with confiction that no Christian dead or alive is leaving this earth until a new temple is in place on the temple mount. When people ask me I tell them to look for a new temple on the temple mount and when you see one there then you can say that the coming of Christ is near. But until then don't hold your breath. I will see w new temple in my lifetime.

Blessings,

After reading the Haaretz story again on If the Vilna Gaon was right, the 3rd Temple is on its way in my previous post, a puzzling thought came to me and that is has anyone actually authorized the rebuilding of the Temple spoken of in the prophecy written about in the article? I cannot find any substantiation from anyone in authority to start such a project as this and after rereading the story, it looks like to me the idea of rebuilding the temple is still in the "talking phase" by special interest groups in Israel. ? Certainly someone in the Israeli government must confirm that these plans are indeed in force, and no one thus far has come forth to do that as far as I can determine, and the only source now is the newsmedia Haaretz.

:blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I haven't read anything either regarding the "red tape" involved in starting to rebuild the Temple. I do know that if God says build, they will. I've heard - I don't have any news articles to back this up - that they may be "pre-fabricating" the walls so that when it is time to build it will be fairly simple to put them up. Like I say, I haven't read any news reports about this, I just have heard people talk. The only reason I think there is a possibility of this being so is the person I heard say it does have friends in the government of Israel.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Blessings,

After reading the Haaretz story again on If the Vilna Gaon was right, the 3rd Temple is on its way in my previous post, a puzzling thought came to me and that is has anyone actually authorized the rebuilding of the Temple spoken of in the prophecy written about in the article? I cannot find any substantiation from anyone in authority to start such a project as this and after rereading the story, it looks like to me the idea of rebuilding the temple is still in the "talking phase" by special interest groups in Israel. ? Certainly someone in the Israeli government must confirm that these plans are indeed in force, and no one thus far has come forth to do that as far as I can determine, and the only source now is the newsmedia Haaretz.

:blink:

I have seen pictures of the cornor stones on semi trucks with Israeli flags on top of them. They have over 1000 priest that have been geneticly tested from the blood line of Aaron, they have the inner court utencils made of solid gold, and blue prints. I found all this by googling all of it. I say its for sure! The issue has been the location. The dome of the rock is in the place of where it is suppose to be. However, the Jews own the dirt and have allowed the muslims to run there temple on Jewish dirt inorder to keep world peace. Whats intresting about the march date, is that it would be almost three and a half years into an existing peace treaty. I'm not saying that this means anything, its just intresting.

Blessings,

:thumbsup:

You are correct in that the rebuilding of a new temple is actually not even being discussed by Isreal or the Muslims. But there is a group named "The Temple Mount Faithful" who are non-christian who have those corner stones and have rebuilt all of the instruments needed to worship God according to old testament specifications just as Moses was instructed. Once a month this group put thse corner stanes in a wagon and march around the temple mount praying that God would allow a new temple to be built. Check out their website for more facts. No matter how imposible it may look like, there will be a new temple when God says so.

The Dome of the Rock is an abomination that makes desolate maybe?

The abomination that makes desolate will be when satan/antichrist sits in the holy of holies and proclaims to be God to the whole world.

e lansing & Massorite

I am not doubting that this temple will be built as I am very familiar with the Temple Mount Faithful and their efforts to get it done, and their progress made; and also, the son of perdition will have to have a temple to sit in and call himself god at the abomionation of desolation midpoint of Daniels's 70th week. I was just puzzled that I had not seen any official confirmation from anyone in the Israeli government making this official in lieu of the fact that Haaretz is making such a statement.

Blessings,