Hal P

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Denis O. Lamoureux is an associate professor of science and religion at St. Joseph's College in the University of Alberta. His appointment is the first tenure-track position in Canada dedicated to teaching and research on the relationship between scientific discovery and Christian faith. Lamoureux's academic specialty focuses on the modern origins controversy.

This presentation examines the fossil pattern predictions of the three basic Christian positions on origins

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

So, why you just tell us what the study says and where you stand on the issue..

By the way, the powerpoint didn't work very well.

Edited by Parker1

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I tried to listen to the presentation but, frankly, it's so boring I just couldn't finish it. The man is a very dull speaker. :)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

One can very long list of similar presentations. The end result is no conclusion.

Blessings

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Denis O. Lamoureux is an associate professor of science and religion at St. Joseph's College in the University of Alberta. His appointment is the first tenure-track position in Canada dedicated to teaching and research on the relationship between scientific discovery and Christian faith. Lamoureux's academic specialty focuses on the modern origins controversy.

This presentation examines the fossil pattern predictions of the three basic Christian positions on origins

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  28

Preston, if you please- I would like some more clarification on your post. I know you said you can't discuss your implications for the length of such a discourse, but surely you can give us some more rationale and explanation behind your post?

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't get your links to work, but I Googled Denis Lamoreux and found the following: Denis Lamoureux - The Sin-Death Problem: Toward an Evolutionary Creationist Solution. It is a very interesting audio talk by Lamoreux. Anyone who thinks you cannot be an Evangelical Christian and an evolutionist needs to listen to it. Since coming to this forum it is the 2nd Evangelical Christian / Evolutionist I have come across. I found his talk interesting because its focus was something I debated recently with a friend at another forum.

Thanks Hal for the post.

It was so INTENSELY dull that I don't see how anyone could get through it. You CAN'T be an evolutionist and a believer....there is no way to do it.

You CAN'T be an evolutionist and a believer

So what about all the people who are?

Have you ever actually discussed it with any of them or read what they have to say?

There are a load of blogs run by evangelicals who accept evolution where they discuss the science and theology involved;

http://evanevodialogue.blogspot.com/

http://scienceandcreation.blogspot.com/

http://sfmatheson.blogspot.com/

Many of them are former anti-evolutionists and YECs.

The American Scientific Affiliation (ASA) is an organisation of Christian scientists, the vast majority of whom (pretty much all of whom) accept evolution.

Then there is Biologos too, started by Francis Collins. Almost every day they put up a new post on their blog on some aspect of science or Christian belief and anybody who wishes to can comment.

All of these organisations are run by people who think that the God of the Bible created the universe, that Jesus rose from the dead and so on, but they also think that evolution is the way life has got here.

You CAN'T be an evolutionist and a believer

So what about all the people who are?

Have you ever actually discussed it with any of them or read what they have to say?

There are a load of blogs run by evangelicals who accept evolution where they discuss the science and theology involved;

http://evanevodialogue.blogspot.com/

http://scienceandcreation.blogspot.com/

http://sfmatheson.blogspot.com/

Many of them are former anti-evolutionists and YECs.

The American Scientific Affiliation (ASA) is an organisation of Christian scientists, the vast majority of whom (pretty much all of whom) accept evolution.

Then there is Biologos too, started by Francis Collins. Almost every day they put up a new post on their blog on some aspect of science or Christian belief and anybody who wishes to can comment.

All of these organisations are run by people who think that the God of the Bible created the universe, that Jesus rose from the dead and so on, but they also think that evolution is the way life has got here.

Well then they are people who deny the Creation as put forth in Genesis...which tells us how we came into being. No one celled organism or great apes mentioned. These are pseudo-Christians and any true believer recognizes that. I guarantee you that I will go to their blog and post; but only to tell them how foolish they are. :rolleyes:

So MorningGlory, have you been over to any of those blogs to give those heretics what for? It's pretty easy to defend your views on a forum where essentially everyone agrees with you, and those who don't (Lurker) are shouted down with cries of "apostate." Maybe not so easy when you are in the minority.