• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

... God understands all languages, for after all, He Himself created everyone one of them! Thank You, Lord Jesus, for understanding & replying to Arabic, French, English, Spanish, German, Russia, Hindi, Urdu, etc, etc, etc. You are a miracle-working God indeed! :blink:

Yes, and He understands whatever the language is He gave me. :blink:

I for one am grateful for it, because I don't often have the words I need to pray. So I let the Holy Spirit pray through me via a language that by-passes my feeble mind.

AMEN! :laugh:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have since read the book of Acts and, if these tongues are real, I don't believe they are from God. Tongues were an understood language used to spread the gospel to the Jews. These people get caught up in a few chapters in Acts and disregard the rest. We can't do that.

It is the foundation for all else "His Word" for if we stand upon The Word we stand for eternity.

Luke 21:33

33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

NKJV

Love Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Al believers receive the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation.

That is the one truth for the foundation of eternity!

Rom 4:23-25

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, 24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, 25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

5:1-5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

NKJV

Love steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

I have since read the book of Acts and, if these tongues are real, I don't believe they are from God. Tongues were an understood language used to spread the gospel to the Jews. These people get caught up in a few chapters in Acts and disregard the rest. We can't do that.

You need to read Acts 2; I Cor. 12-14 again. You have a misconception.

Other posters are also failing to distinguish known languages and supernatural gift of tongues (both/and, not either/or), and the difference between personal tongues for self-edification and prayer and public tongues with interpretation for corporate edification.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Praise God for the powerful & everlasting truth of Romans 5:5. I too revel in the very Presence of the Blessed Holy Spirit of God Who was given to me at the point of my marvellous conversion. Thank You, Lord Jesus for Your everlasting salvation thru the blood of the cross & for the precious gift of your Holy Spirit dwelling in my heart. Amen & Amen! :blink:

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You need to read Acts 2; I Cor. 12-14 again. You have a misconception.

Other posters are also failing to distinguish known languages and supernatural gift of tongues (both/and, not either/or), and the difference between personal tongues for self-edification and prayer and public tongues with interpretation for corporate edification.

You tell the truth! :noidea:

And, of course, keep ever in mind that a "heavenly gibberish" is totally unknown - and completely unnecessary in Holy Writ. Check the classic New Testament passages re "tongues" in Acts 2:8-12. The very natural & earthly languages are essentially named via the groups from various nations on earth. The miracle-working Creator-God in Heaven well understands preaching, prayer & praise in all national languages & dialects including Urdu, Hindi, Kurdish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Francais, Espanol, Russian, Arabic, Ukrainian, Sign, whatever....none excluded. Take your choice: He is listening. He hears & He answers believing prayer. Psalm 27:7. The fact is that He made all languages! Check back to Nimrodism & the Babel of Tongues. Praise You, Lord Jesus! :noidea:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Can you prove that it is gibberish?

(OK, why do I bother asking someone who has a history of not engaging in dialogue, but only likes to spout ? :thumbsup: )

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Rom 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit also helps us in our weakness, for we do not know how to pray as we should. But the Spirit himself intercedes with groans too deep for words,

Rom 8:27 and the one who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, for the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to God's will.

Rom 8:28 And we know that he works all things together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.

"There are prayers that break the backs of words" - Spurgeon

Done a bit of "groaning" when my prayers have broken the backs of my words in my time.

And He answered. :thumbsup:

Should I return your kind comment about "liking to spout"? Nay, I shall simply (and scripturally) respond by asking (in Christ-like kindness), (1) If it's not "heavenly gibberish," then what specific language might it be, because the term "heavenly language" is unknown in Holy Writ; and (2) why do you insist on elimnating with a swoop of your hand all the thousands of languages & dialects created by Jehovah for communicating with Him re preaching, prayer & praise? Are you actually saying that all preaching, prayer & praise must be in an unknown, non-understandable dialect like the type you think it is? Again, "heavenly gibberish" is completely unknown in Holy Scripture. In fact, as already stated, the classic Acts passage - which you fail to come to grips with - specifically names the earthly, national, understood languages uttered at Pentecost itself!! Why do you simply pooh, pooh what occurred at the Birthday of the One True Church at Pentecost? Amazing! :thumbsup: