IGNORED

Kraft - what were you thinking???

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/break...y-1225837651469

Kangaroo boxing show cancelled

KRAFT Foods Australia says it is pleased that an American festival show featuring a red kangaroo that is goaded into fighting a human clown has cancelled the exhibition. The American arm of Kraft - the owners of Vegemite - was sponsoring the show in the Texas town of Hidalgo, which claimed to be a celebration of all things Australian.

Following widespread publicity, Kraft released a statement on Saturday saying it was pleased the event had been cancelled.

"We understand the BorderFest Association, which organises this annual cultural celebration, has apologised for offending anyone, particularly the people of Australia, with the kangaroo boxing display," said Kraft spokesman Simon Talbot.

"That portion of the event has been cancelled.

"Kraft Foods is pleased they've taken this proactive stance."

It was revealed today that the festival features an event called Rocky Show Circus, involving two kangaroos and their owner, Javier Martinez, who dons a clown suit.

Mr Martinez reportedly baits the kangaroo by pushing it and poking it before placing it in a headlock.

If the kangaroos fight back too much, Mr Martinez's wife Sandra restrains it using a heavy tether attached to a harness around the animal's chest.

Mr Martinez has defended the show, saying the kangaroos are in control at all times.

"You cannot force a kangaroo to do nothing," he said.

"(Kangaroos) only do what they want to do so we don't make them work, you work around them."

But Mr Martinez is known to US animal welfare authorities, having been on their watch list since 2003, when two kangaroos he was caring for died within four months.

He's also been investigated by PETA, which says one of the kangaroos died from a bacterial disease called lumpy jaw.

:dance:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Reminds me of that crazy commonwealth bank ad where the american advertising company gets a boxing roo LOL. Only this time, its not parody!

Guest HIS girl

The male red kangaroo is the largest of them all (bet they had a female) and from what I have heard, they can rip a man's stomache out with their feet - not only is what they were doing cruel - it is downright foolishness...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

They can also snap a man's leg with a single kick... a kick to the head is deadly. Foolish alright.

Guest HIS girl
They can also snap a man's leg with a single kick... a kick to the head is deadly. Foolish alright.

I'm wondering how he aquired a big red in the first place..... :dance:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Oh no! Kangaroos should not be used for fighting any more than dogs. I loathe people who use animals for sport. :laugh:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/break...y-1225837651469

Mr Martinez's wife Sandra restrains it using a heavy tether attached to a harness around the animal's chest.

Mr Martinez has defended the show, saying the kangaroos are in control at all times.

I have an idea..how about Mrs Martinez takes off the harness and let Mr Martinez (with no thing to protect him) and the kangaroo go head to head? :laugh:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

It's just an animal show. There is no indication that the animals were mistreated or uncared for in any way.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It's just an animal show. There is no indication that the animals were mistreated or uncared for in any way.

:rolleyes: No I guess not, "it's just an animal show" :laugh: Get two kangaroos, tie them up with a leather restraining belt, provoke them into self defense while their ears (much better hearing than ours - probably up to 10 times more racket in their ears), are bombarded by screaming audience, shine bright lights in their faces for the camera, assault their noses (100 times more power than ours at least), and call it "entertainment".

So I guess it was only an animal, and "mistreatment" does not take place. Perhaps like the killer whale, it's "research" :dance:

Bet you they would rather be be jumping out there in the outback, and picking their fights......

BOING, boing, boing, I'm outta here....... :whistling:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

:rolleyes: No I guess not, "it's just an animal show" :laugh: Get two kangaroos, tie them up with a leather restraining belt, provoke them into self defense while their ears (much better hearing than ours - probably up to 10 times more racket in their ears), are bombarded by screaming audience, shine bright lights in their faces for the camera, assault their noses (100 times more power than ours at least), and call it "entertainment".

So I guess it was only an animal, and "mistreatment" does not take place. Perhaps like the killer whale, it's "research" :dance:

Bet you they would rather be be jumping out there in the outback, and picking their fights......

BOING, boing, boing, I'm outta here....... :whistling:

It is just an animal. On the other hand the actual humans involved just lost a source of income for their family. Remember when we used to care about humans?