IGNORED

Evolutionists: Why is it so important to you?

nebula

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Oil Killer. Not a bad usename i suppose.

Well, "oil" is a word; "oll" is not. :thumbsup:

It's just my silly brain....

As regards taking part in debates it's what you get out of it that matters.

OK, so what do you get out of the debates on evolution? That's what I am wanting to understand.

Not much recently to be quiet honest. The thread's start off on a particular topic but then all descend into the same back and forth. If the thread stays on topic everyone will get more out of it. On both sides of the argument i think to help debates people need to step into other peoples shoes. I would look on a post and try to understand the position the other person is coming from even if i totally disagree. The odd occassion doing this leads me to think about something differently.

You can debate all ya want but at some point your going to have to ask yourself what do i believe in and only you can answer that.

Well, I already know what I believe. Or were you saying that as a part of what you believe about debating such things?

I'm confused. I don't know whether i've confused you or you have confused me. :noidea:. Anyway Its Paddy's day here in Ireland so i'm off to watch the parade and have a good time. Enjoy yourselves people. Later.

Edited by ollkiller

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

:noidea: Well at least you are honest about how you feel. But, if you don't care about evolution, don't care about God, don't care about what other people think, what do you care about? What cranks your engine in the morning? Or don't you care? :D

I do care about evolution and the existence of god, it's just that i'm not too overly fussed on everyone elses opinons. By all means listen to other sides of the story but you have to make up your own mind on these matters, if ya get what i'm saying.

And, the thing that cranks my engine in the morning is my drum kit. It's loud and wakes everyone up.

:taped: Let me get this straight (and lets leave the evolution thing for a moment). You care about the existence of God, yet you are a non believer? Just trying to understand where you are coming from....

Oh, and enjoy the parade (Saint Patrick is it?) :thumbsup:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

:noidea: Let me get this straight (and lets leave the evolution thing for a moment). You care about the existence of God, yet you are a non believer? Just trying to understand where you are coming from....

Oh, and enjoy the parade (Saint Patrick is it?) :thumbsup:

I have said many times before god hasn't spoken to me so that's leaves me to believe god dosen't exist but the door is always open. The question of a god does intrigue me yes in a where did it all come from, why are we here sort of way.

Anyway got to go for sure this time, yes it is st patrick, folklore has it he brought christianity and banished all the snakes from our green isle. Bye.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

:D Let me get this straight (and lets leave the evolution thing for a moment). You care about the existence of God, yet you are a non believer? Just trying to understand where you are coming from....

Oh, and enjoy the parade (Saint Patrick is it?) :noidea:

I have said many times before god hasn't spoken to me so that's leaves me to believe god dosen't exist but the door is always open. The question of a god does intrigue me yes in a where did it all come from, why are we here sort of way.

Anyway got to go for sure this time, yes it is st patrick, folklore has it he brought christianity and banished all the snakes from our green isle. Bye.

Glad we cleared that up. Have a green pint for me...... :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,416
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I was wondering why evolution - promoting it, getting people to believe it - is so important to evolutionists?

Because the spirit of disobedience influences them! They are obeying satan without even knowing it!

Evolution is man best attempt to science and it's beginnings are not even supported by science own laws.

case in point:

The energy that is measurable only in the greatest expansion of our minds to cause all that we can witness, as to this universe, to this point is not found in that experience! First big bang, then redefined big bang and now just a lot of huey. Because of entropy a scientific law there has to be something greater to cause and effect all that we are witnessing! Faith is the only element that both the Christian and the evolutionist can use to answer what we are learning and witnessing. Because in My estimation as we learn more God will become more and more the evidence of the answer to all things to His praise and glory! Love Steven

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OH, are you Irish?

Well, have fun!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

:noidea: Let me get this straight (and lets leave the evolution thing for a moment). You care about the existence of God, yet you are a non believer? Just trying to understand where you are coming from....

Oh, and enjoy the parade (Saint Patrick is it?) :whistling:

Ireland! Being descended from a long line of Irishmen, today is very special to me. Everyone I see is Irish today. :laugh: (Totally O.T., I know, but it's boring anyway.)

You see, according to the Bible, there is more to the Fall than just man falling out of relationship with the Lord.

Rom. 8

19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. 23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

How does this passage follow theistic evolution?

I think it is obvious no matter what your interpretation of Genesis that, had humanity not had a "falling out" with God our entire planet would be a very different and probably a much better place. I don't see how this poses any problem for TE.

It doesn't?

So you don't perceive death and disease before the Fall?

At what point do you cease believing evolution of the Homo species' brain and claim God put spirit into man, and that's what made the change?

I don't think that any living thing has "stopped" evolving as variation is simply a result of the chemical properties of the building blocks we are constructed from. If, however, you are asking me at what point in human prehistory did God intervene to impart His image onto homo sapiens. . .I honestly don't know.

I think you missed what I was asking.

If I understand your claim, we became human when the Lord put His image into us? Would that not have required brain changes? I mean, our brains have to process signals from and to our spirit, do they not?

So, by default you have to claim a supernatural cause for our humanity. How can you otherwise?

So, where scientists try to figure out the evolutionary change that made us human, you are claiming they cannot find a natural cause because the cause was not natural.

Don't you see?

I think you missed what I was asking.

If I understand your claim, we became human when the Lord put His image into us? Would that not have required brain changes? I mean, our brains have to process signals from and to our spirit, do they not?

So, by default you have to claim a supernatural cause for our humanity. How can you otherwise?

So, where scientists try to figure out the evolutionary change that made us human, you are claiming they cannot find a natural cause because the cause was not natural.

Don't you see?

Ah, thank you for the clarification. In essence no, I don't see why divine attributes would require any changes in our brains as our physical brains do not actually physically communicate with some sort of spiritual "mind".

Au contrair.

I receive signals into my brain from my spirit all the time.

In fact, I've read about a couple scientific studies that showed regions of the parietal lobes being activated - regions not previously seen being activated - when people are engaged in spiritual activities (i.e prayer).

I dare you to ask the Lord to open your inner eyes (where you see things mentally) to the spiritual realm. The next time you are in prayer, I dare you to actually picture yourself talking with Jesus. I dare you to ask Him to enable you to hear Him speak to you (it may not be with the physical ears, but there are other ways to hear Him).

If you are born anew of the Spirit, then you have the same Spirit dwelling in you that was upon Moses and Elijah and David and Peter and Paul. You should be able to commune with the Lord the same as them! Try it!

As I have stated before, science can deal only with the natural - thus science can describe in detail every physical part of our bodies, organs, and tissues, but it cannot be used to describe our "soul".

Yes, but where the soul manifests itself in the physical, what do you say about science trying to find a natural cause for it?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.85
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

edit: and you posting that you referred to did not clearly answer the question. I'm not smarter than a 5th grader, so how about giving an answer that even a 5th grader could understand. Like yes or no.

Yes, I think that physically human beings are a product of evolution while spiritually we are a product of divine intervention.

Lurker

Then you deny the Gospel and thus deny Christ. People who do that are not christian but impostors.