IGNORED

google "buzzdock"

Guest LadyC

Guest LadyC

i had disabled this a long, long time ago. it's obnoxious. today, when i got online, FF installed an updated version. ok, no problem. except that it disabled my theme and now it looks funny. and except that when i used google, my results page displayed that ugly buzzdock again, and this time, i can't disable it.

i've clicked the "no thanks" link, the "disable" link. i've hidden it with adblock plus (although that just leaves a big huge blank spot in the upper third of the page, with the text links for no thanks and disable still visible.) i've restarted FF. all to no avail.

i can't get rid of that stupid buzzdock no matter what i try! is anyone else having this problem?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

First, Lady C, let me ask you this...........What the heck is 'Buzzdock'?????????? :laugh:

Guest LadyC

ok i found it. i had to go to the yontoo layers website and disable it from there.

buzzdock is an annoying thing that docks at the top of your search result page that is supposed to help you find things easier. it doesn't. anyway, here's a site that kinda shows what it looks like without installing it. http://www.buzzdock.com/

it came with yontoo layers, a little app that lets you customize your background on facebook so you can put a christian theme on it. of course only other people with yontoo layers can see it, but that's ok, i like it. but i can't figure out why all of a sudden buzzdock was back after it had been disabled long ago. i think it had something to do with the FF update... it must have reset all the original settings or something.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

ok i found it. i had to go to the yontoo layers website and disable it from there.

buzzdock is an annoying thing that docks at the top of your search result page that is supposed to help you find things easier. it doesn't. anyway, here's a site that kinda shows what it looks like without installing it. http://www.buzzdock.com/

it came with yontoo layers, a little app that lets you customize your background on facebook so you can put a christian theme on it. of course only other people with yontoo layers can see it, but that's ok, i like it. but i can't figure out why all of a sudden buzzdock was back after it had been disabled long ago. i think it had something to do with the FF update... it must have reset all the original settings or something.

Okay; now that I know what it does, I'm going to avoid it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Okay; now that I know what it does, I'm going to avoid it.

Now I just gotta know what a yontoo layer is :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Also, for those who wish to use it- there's a utility that I like to use called Revo Uninstaller. It's a utility that allows you to COMPLETELY uninstall things from your computer (simple uninstalls sometimes leave things behind). Best thing- it's free. I tested it, and had no spy or adware. If you Google it, you'll find it. Warning- it's not for people just playing around, because if you select complete uninstall, there's not an "undo". I use it often when I want to get rid of something for good. I would say that it's more for power users, but the help section is a great guide- read it carefully and you should be ok. "Use at your own risk"- my little disclaimer.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

The link didn't work for me.