• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

http://www.ldolphin.org/epitaph/index.html

From the article:

What we don't notice in the English translation is that the acrostic made up of the first letter of each word spells out Yahweh (YHWH)!

If Pilate had rewritten it in the manner they had requested him to, it would not have spelled out the Name of God. Did Pilate realize this? Was it deliberate? Did he do it just to upset the Jewish leadership, which he realized delivered Him up for envy? (Matthew 27:18). Or was he beginning to suspect that there was more going on here than he previously realized?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

http://www.ldolphin.org/epitaph/index.html

From the article:

What we don't notice in the English translation is that the acrostic made up of the first letter of each word spells out Yahweh (YHWH)!

If Pilate had rewritten it in the manner they had requested him to, it would not have spelled out the Name of God. Did Pilate realize this? Was it deliberate? Did he do it just to upset the Jewish leadership, which he realized delivered Him up for envy? (Matthew 27:18). Or was he beginning to suspect that there was more going on here than he previously realized?

Hi Or'el...very interesting...I think as we delve deeply into any part of the Scriptures, all sorts of things can be discovered that demonstrate the hallmark of G-d's Divine hand. As in all things we need to keep a proper focus on the L-rd though, and be doer's and not just hearer's, ...but the wealth and richness of the Word is truly remarkable.

The Rabbis would call this sort of understanding the 'sod', which means 'secret'...it is a recognized rabbinical study method, and can involve all sorts of things, including reading Scripture backwards, just to try and sqeeze out any other truths that might be hidden...and I think Chuck enjoys discovering and teaching about some of these things.

Guest shiloh357

Actually, this is not true. I looked it up in my Hebrew New Testament, and the words are "Y'shua HaNatzrai Melekh HaYehudim." In the article it says refers to "v'melekh" but the "vuv" is not present. It is only melekh. Perry Stone has tried to assert the same thing in one of his teaching videos as well. The Tetragrammaton would not have been present in that sign.

For it to have the vuv before "melekh" it would read in English: Yeshua of Nazareth and(vuv) King of the Jews. So the acrostic would look more like YHMH.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Shiloh, what is your assessment of Perry Stone?

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Actually, this is not true. I looked it up in my Hebrew New Testament, and the words are "Y'shua HaNatzrai Melekh HaYehudim." In the article it says refers to "v'melekh" but the "vuv" is not present. It is only melekh. Perry Stone has tried to assert the same thing in one of his teaching videos as well. The Tetragrammaton would not have been present in that sign.

For it to have the vuv before "melekh" it would read in English: Yeshua of Nazareth and(vuv) King of the Jews. So the acrostic would look more like YHMH.

I thought this was really cool. Thanks for ruining it for me. lol :(

Guest shiloh357

He is alright most of the time, I guess. He plays more to the sensationalist side of things, I think. For example, he said on TBN (down at their new Holy Land theme partk in Orlando) that Golgatha was named after Goliath. He believes that Goliath's head is buried there. That is where he thinks it got the name, "place of the skull" meaning Goliath's skull.

If he would stay away from stuff like that, he could be a really great prophecy teacher.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I see what you are saying Shiloh....do you think there might be room in the Greek for the Hebrew translation inserting a vav, or do you think Chuck Missler is trying to make things fit where they don't....and if so it must damage his credibility. I know that all of our present Hebrew translations of the New Covenant are translations of a translation, and therefore it appears to me we must revert to the best extant Koine Greek and cannot necessary hold a Hebrew translation in quite the same esteem, even though I subscribe to the possibility that they were originally written in Hebrew due to some confusion over the idioms expressed.

Actually since having written the above I have found this which makes things much clearer. http://media.isnet.org/off/Xtian/Triunity/acrostic.html

I note that David Stern translates the passage 'Yeshua from Natzeret the King of the Jews'...but if I am reading the translation from the Greek into the Hebrew, there is not really room for the word 'from' and as you can see the rest of the words would also change slightly.

It was probably Pilate's intention to Mock the Jews firstly by referring to Nazereth, knowing that they thought no good thing could come from there, and secondly by calling Him their King, and showing them his inferiority compared to his capabilities and the might of the Roman Emperor.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

He is alright most of the time, I guess. He plays more to the sensationalist side of things, I think. For example, he said on TBN (down at their new Holy Land theme partk in Orlando) that Golgatha was named after Goliath. He believes that Goliath's head is buried there. That is where he thinks it got the name, "place of the skull" meaning Goliath's skull.

If he would stay away from stuff like that, he could be a really great prophecy teacher.

Who are you speaking of here shiloh - Perry Stone or Missler?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Or'el Shalhevet, Thankyou for that post! I am finding that in all of life the Lord has spelled out His Name, both in little and great. Love Steven

Guest shiloh357

Who are you speaking of here shiloh - Perry Stone or Missler?

Perry Stone