• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

My family,

I didn't know where exactly to put this, but I just wanted to take a second to say that if you are a parent, and your child is a bully, take care of it. If you are a parent and your child is being bullied- take care of it. Where we could once simply "laugh off" bullies, a recent situation has made me aware of how serious bullying can be. Although I have no children of my own, I have volunteered in youth ministry for about ten years, and know just how precious children are, and how important they are to their Father. It hurts me when I see, hear of, or read about any child hurting. Please, take a stand against bullying. Do something, anything- that you can to help.

I'm off my soapbox now. This is not an attempt to start an argument or call anyone a "bad parent".

Your brother in Christ,

Drawn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Greetings Drawn,

Well said...message taken to heart.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Well said - my children are adults now and were neither bullies nor bullied by others. That is fortunate - I can recall having my little girl 'picked on' by a little boy - but later realized that he liked her and wanted her attention. His mom and I had a talk and things were quickly resolved. There are children who suffer at the hands of other cruel and angry kids... it can really effect them in so many ways. So many kids who are doing the bullying are searching for attention and needing to feel important or in control of something in their lives... it's often a bad situation for both the victims and those who are tormenting them. My son is teaching my little grand-daughter Tae Kwon Do and she has already mastered a scream that is horrifying... :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Well said! For Jesus it was and is and will be a special interest-

Was

Matt 19:14-15

14 But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven." 15 And He laid His hands on them and departed from there.

NKJV

Is

Matt 18:3-5

3 and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

NKJV

Will Be

1 John 3:2-3

2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

NKJV

Love Steven

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

:noidea:

It's a big responsibility for a parent to teach their child about bullying. I was a victim for so many years. My parents simply told me to deal with it and it was a bit too much for me. Kinda like sending your child out to fight goliath but not giving them any stones to sling...

I was left with the feeling that my parents didn't care (they did, they just didn't see it from my point of view).

Children are such delicate gifts, we should all strive to train them in the way they should go.....

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

If I ever find out any of my kids are a bully, I promise I will beat them up and take their lunch money. :noidea:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Just like Bart Simpson who took care of his bully Nelson Mutts by a waterballlon attack :noidea: LOL..... well maybe not.. but good advice Dawn!

Guest destani

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but a lover of Christ just the same. I have small children and they have had situations where they were on the receiving end of bullying. My first response to my child was to let their teacher know about it but after no action from the teacher I wanted to tell him to try and knock the other kid out but I knew that was not the Christian thing to do. How do you think this type of situation should be handled without forgetting you are a Christian. I do not want my children fighting but I do not want them beat up on either. What's your take from a Christian perspective? :cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I had one---only one--instance where I had been bullied, and I will never forget it because of my reaction to it and what happened afterward. It was a kid named Mark Sumner, and he was a real bully to me. He had given me an American flag one time, and then started demanding it back, and of course I refused. He started threatening to beat me up, jumped out of nowhere one time and grabbed the back of my bike and basically terrorized me. One night, I will never ever forget this, I was praying (I had been a Christian only 6 months, so this happened in 1971) and I said the words that I would later come to regret for the rest of my life. Not realizing how powerful words are and how powerful prayer is, I asked God to kill Mark because he was driving me crazy. Not more than 2 weeks later, Mark Sumner climbed a tree in a friend's yard, touched a live wire and was electrocuted to death.

To this day I still feel responsible for Mark's death, even though I KNOW beyond a shadow of doubt that I really had nothing to do with what happened. Because I had prayed for it, and it happened, it scared me beyond recognition, and it jolted me as to the power of words.

Yes, bullies are terrible, and children need to be taught how to deal with them, but they also need to be taught the power of mere words. PLEASE, don't teach them to pray the kind of prayer I did.

a.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

If I ever find out any of my kids are a bully, I promise I will beat them up and take their lunch money. :whistling:

Hmmm :)

Methinks perhaps you have not followed the thought line here. :cool: