IGNORED

living in a small town

Guest Midori888

Guest Midori888

Some people like living in small towns. I don't. I live in a small town and it's driving me insane. I can't find a church

that fits my beliefs personally as a Christian; I see no point in going to a church where their beliefs are so different than mine

that I can't apply them to my walk with God because I don't agree with what they believe. There are no jobs available where

I live; I have to go to the bigger surrounding towns to find jobs.

I cannot find people who share the same interests as I do where I live. Either I find people who are my age but

we share no interests; or I find people who share my interests but there is an age gap so we have nothing in

common because of the age gap.

If I want to do anything or really go anywhere, I have to go to the bigger surrounding areas; these are

about 40-60 minutes away round trip. I love oriental cooking, but the closest oriental food store

is in a big town where it's not feasible me to go there very often.

Nothing exciting really exciting ever really happens here. Can anybody relate? If so, what's your advice?

It's not feasible for me to relocate now due to financial difficulties.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I know how you feel, although I am from a bigger town of about 400,000 now I live in a town of 1100 a huge difference. Yes going to the grocery store is a big trip. Dont give up on finding a church I have had a lot of trouble and have recently settled on a foursquare church about 15 miles away. I was going to a Methodist church here in town although I was not getting fed and new I had to leave. well God Bless dont give up and if you can just move.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I grew up in a town of 500. I love small towns, but everyone is different. If you like Oriental food, why not learn to cook it yourself? As far as finding a church that fits your beliefs, be sure that your beliefs line up with what the Bible teaches, then if the local churches aren't Biblical you just might have to travel to church or else start a home fellowship.

Is there a reason you have to live in the small town rather than the larger cities near to you since you have to go there to find work?

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:noidea: I have the same problem, only I live in a metropolitan suburbia.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

I've lived in a town with a population of 2,000 people, for my entire life. It's all I have known. Being in a small town has its benefits and downfalls. There's nothing to do in terms of entertainment or fun, and we have plenty of small Churches of many denominations. There are 1st Baptist, 2nd Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Catholic, and Pentacostal Churches. I don't go to either of them though. Thankfully, there are some sizable cities near our town, including the state's Capital city, Columbia. Charlotte, NC is near me as well. My Church is located 14 miles from my house, and is one of the largest in our area. Not that that makes it any better or anything. It is a God fearing, Bible believing Church, grounded in the Word of God. The one thing I have disliked about living in a small town, is that I haven't been able to see or experience much of the country and world around me. I have never been outside of the Carolinas, which frustrates me, considering I am 20 years old. It can feel like a trap. I am grateful for my Church though, I plan to do some mission trips with them, Lord willing.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Come on over to Detroit. Lots of jobs in the crime industry, and you get a free gun with every 5th purchase of crack! :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Come on over to Detroit. Lots of jobs in the crime industry, and you get a free gun with every 5th purchase of crack! :noidea:

But only if you're currently employed by the NFL- all others must purchase 10. :wacko:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

But only if you're currently employed by the NFL- all others must purchase 10. :24:

Last time I was in Detroit, it was certainly like that. I visited a friend that lived in a home with bars on the windows, and he would not go out after 5 PM for any reason, it was too dangerous. I asked him why he was willing to be in JAIL daily every evening, and he was just resolved to "that's how it is"

:wacko:

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I asked him why he was willing to be in JAIL daily every evening

Better to be alive in "jail" than dead from a drive-by on the street. :noidea:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Some people like living in small towns. I don't. I live in a small town and it's driving me insane. I can't find a church

that fits my beliefs personally as a Christian; I see no point in going to a church where their beliefs are so different than mine

that I can't apply them to my walk with God because I don't agree with what they believe. There are no jobs available where

I live; I have to go to the bigger surrounding towns to find jobs.

I cannot find people who share the same interests as I do where I live. Either I find people who are my age but

we share no interests; or I find people who share my interests but there is an age gap so we have nothing in

common because of the age gap.

If I want to do anything or really go anywhere, I have to go to the bigger surrounding areas; these are

about 40-60 minutes away round trip. I love oriental cooking, but the closest oriental food store

is in a big town where it's not feasible me to go there very often.

Nothing exciting really exciting ever really happens here. Can anybody relate? If so, what's your advice?

It's not feasible for me to relocate now due to financial difficulties.

Many years ago, I was living in a place that was as alien to me as what you describe. I just loathed it... it was hot and almost impossible to breath; there were bugs there that I could have shot with a gun... I was alone a lot and was pregnant. I cried every day... One day, I took a walk to a local park and I sat on a bench with a lovely lady who was quite elderly and very friendly. We talked for much of the afternoon and she told me that she had been born and raised in the town. She pointed out some of the plants in the garden of the park and we talked about plants my Mamma had at home (they were similar plants, actually). This lovely woman invited me to her home for lunch the next day and we shared another wonderful afternoon. She showed me pictures from WWII of the town and how it had grown. We walked to a beach area that was wonderful. She painted beautifully and one day brought me supplies to paint a picture too. She taught me to paint and to ... observe. Observe the plants, the sky - the town that had once looked so dull and boring was very colorful and full of really interesting people. She introduced me to so many people who were just delightful. When it was time for us to leave this town and move on - I was once again sad and worried. I told my friend and she said something that I had heard my Grandma say so many times ... "Honey, you need to bloom where you are planted". Look for the color and the interesting things that you don't normally see. Buy a hometown cookbook and learn how to cook new foods - go to the nursery or plant store and find some local plants; make a container garden - take pictures and find a place that is special for you. I listened to those words and found a lot of wisdom there. We were able to go back to our hometown within the next year - I returned with a couple of wonderful scrapbooks and several cookbooks and some new found recipes that we loved. I treasure those days with my friend - who was old in body, but young in spirit and had the eyes of a child - she opened mine and I still find things to do and places to see - I pray you will be eased of your loneliness - but, try to bloom where you are planted. God Bless you!! :cool: