• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Onelight:

Very thought provoking post but I expect nothing less from you. My immediate thought was we should have more faith then our will for self-preservation (an instinctive need). This is the ultimate giving of self in faith and I think few possess it. Also I think faith has two main components and they are our conscience and reason.

The first example that comes to mind is when evil tempted Christ to fall from the pinnacle of the temple. Now, it was / is surely written that Christ would be protected by angels [even if his foot would strike against a stone] and evil slyly tempted Christ. But Christ answered him,

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Onelight:

Very thought provoking post but I expect nothing less from you. My immediate thought was we should have more faith then our will for self-preservation (an instinctive need). This is the ultimate giving of self in faith and I think few possess it. Also I think faith has two main components and they are our conscience and reason.

The first example that comes to mind is when evil tempted Christ to fall from the pinnacle of the temple. Now, it was / is surely written that Christ would be protected by angels [even if his foot would strike against a stone] and evil slyly tempted Christ. But Christ answered him,

To get a bit more basic, because faith is such a difficult thing to put in a box, to define. Is my faith weaker or stronger than someone else's?

I suppose it could be, but I have seen people face huge adversity with faith in God, and I have never faced such, or similar adversity. Would my faith stand up as theirs did on the day. I don't know, I don't think any of us can know until tested..

And day to day faith?

Arriving at church in one's air conditioned 4X4 after a good breakfast of bacon and eggs, and driving off to lunch with the family after the service, is a bit different to walking four hours through the bush in Mozambique, sitting in a hot and cramped reed and thatch building, attending a service that sometimes lasts 4 to 5 hours, and then walking four hours back home to arrive as it gets dark.

Who is to say the person in the 4 x 4 does not have a stronger faith, and the person walking through the bush is doing it for another reason (or visa versa?). We can go to scripture to teach us the faith we should have, and what we can achieve if we have it, but do any of us have that sort of "move mountains", "walk on water" faith? I have never met anyone with such faith.

But. I have seen the Holy Spirit use people for a short while to heal or perform other incredible deeds, people who I would not have thought had the faith.

OneLight, you are going to keep me up thinking tonight. I suppose I should say thank you :thumbsup:

We should never compare what faith we have to any other persons faith. As spoken in Romans 14:4 "Who are you to judge another

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Onelight:

We should never compare what faith we have to any other persons faith. As spoken in Romans 14:4 "Who are you to judge another

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,424
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Aqua that's awesome! :amen: Love Steven

Edited by enoob57

I can honestly say that I need to allow the Holy Spirit to increase my faith in my life. I know in my mind that change is needed, but my heart is not there. If my faith was strong enough, then the heart would follow without any doubt or hesitation. I am not capable to do what needs to be done, only He is. I have to allow Him, through the faith that I already have, to continue to change me. God tells me that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God, so one area that needs to increase is my studies in His word. Other then that, only the Holy Spirit can give me faith beyond what comes from His word.

Nice to know we are both in the same boat (or at least two different boats on the same water), when it comes to this. Maybe one day we can step out of them together :amen: Faith willing that is :taped:

This has been an interesting exercise in introspection, thanks brother.....

Your replies always lead me into areas that have not been discussed.

Yes, reason can be a stumbling block but evil can make anything a stumbling block. Faith can make people who adhere to Christian Science not take care of a controllable disease and die because they have faith that God will heal them. Faith can make monks, people of the cloth become