IGNORED

Spiritual Slump

Guest Called

Joel, I have been kind of going through what you have been going through, feeling like my prayers are hitting the ceiling, down in the dumps, feeling sad and a good friend and brother in Christ gave me this verse and I want to share it with you...

God is our refuge and strength,

an ever-present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way

and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam

and the mountains quake with their surging.

Selah

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,

the holy place where the Most High dwells.

God is within her, she will not fall;

God will help her at break of day.

Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;

he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

The LORD Almighty is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Selah

Come and see the works of the LORD ,

the desolations he has brought on the earth.

He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;

he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,

he burns the shields with fire.

"Be still, and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations,

I will be exalted in the earth."

The LORD Almighty is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress.

See, God is with us, even though it may not "feel" like it, hold on to this scripture and meditate on it...it will bring you comfort and assurance, its doing it for me... :hug:

Guest godsmartian

Joel,

That is pretty scary stuff going on with your dreams. I kind of knew what you mean about that. I don't dream about natural disasters or anything but it's pretty creepy stuff. Ususally I dream about being underwater or something like that or that I'm surrounded by snakes or have encountered one or something like that. Now I've never experienced anything like what you have and the fire but maybe before you go to bed you can pray that God would take over your dreams and control them or something. It's what I do. I just say God be in my dreams tonight. It works. But hang in there don't give up. Satan is really working you over right now and don't give him the satisfaction of giving up. I know what that's like. mail or something I have some stuff I would like you to read (if you don't mind!) I'll be praying for ya. God Bless GM

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

first of all... i'd like to offer an apology to the moderators. this is my third username on this message board but i'm sticking to this one because i like the username and i have it under a secure email address that i use alot. i don't think the other usernames i've posted as are registered with an email address anymore so i'm not sure if they can be deleted or will go away automatically... or if this is even a problem.

second... thank you everybody you have seriously helped me. i'm still having nightmares but i'm far less depressed than i was a week ago. godsmartin you're awsome... if you still want to send me anything by mail feel free to. i'll post more under this name. thank you everybody this message board has been a blessing.

-joel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,296
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  04/07/1989

AHH sweetie 

Jesus loves you all the time. Try reading Psalms and listening to praise and worship songs.

How can someone predict the future without the HOLY SPIRIT? the enemy is a great mimicker. and he likes people to think they are using GOD"S power.

Honey, 

there is a thread on depression, please read it. Some of us are trying to post something each day for inspiration. We would love to have you join

Love 

Kay

Well said!

Just keep your head up high and you'll go far... :hug: :hug: :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

Yes, we all get in spiritual slumps once in awhile..I go through them every couple months..but the important thing I think is to keep praying and read your bible and try to obey God whenever you think he wants you to do something. Just don't give up and keep trying to be the person God wants you to be! ;)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi Obey, I truly love your new name, it tells that you are serious about your walk with the Lord. I truly have compassion on you and I

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,173
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Joel, I can tell you from experience that if you seek professional help from a councilor, one of the very first things they will ask you is how are you sleeping. It seems that lack of sleep is one of the greatest causes of depression.

So before you get too deep in all the other things I'd simply ask, "Hey, how much sleep are you getting each night. Heavy on the each."

If 6 to 8 hours ok, :oww: :oww: wellIjustspilled mbcoffeyinmykeyboardanvvdmhanvnnm :oww: :oww: :oww: :oww:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tbird_energizerbunny

We are always going to have a spiritual slumps. See, when you become a christian the devil wants your soul back and this is a battle between him and God. The deciding factor is you. Where are you?

The devil hates you so much which is why he wants your soul so much so that he can have one more soul to torture. I have just got out of my "spriitual slump" and let me tell you, I cannot believe it. This is just before he's gonna tell you to do something big. When you get out and you haven't failed him, he's gonna say "good job" and then he'll give you your mission. My ministry, as shown below in my signature and in my church is a big part of who I am. Because God has given to me the gift, but you gotta survive the fire to get the insurance!

Hope this helps! :t2: