• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Abraham was an immigrant, Moses was too, and so were Jacob and his children. And weren't the Israelites as well?

Blessings...South

Guest HIS girl
Abraham was an immigrant, Moses was too, and so were Jacob and his children. And weren't the Israelites as well?

Blessings...South

That's true South. :whistling: On a journey set by God.

Guest HIS girl
Oh dear....how far we have come from the topic of this thread.....tsk tsk.... :101:

Hg.. I was pondering if Matthitjah's post about agendas is relevent to immigration?

"The Lord has an agenda and it's not Yours and it's not Mine! "

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/note-...96#entry1532496

Well His ways and thoughts are higher than ours, true. - :noidea:

What seems to be a complete inconvenience to us just could be His perfect plan! :101:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Blessings...South

As a Christian, I sometimes feel like an alien in certain circumstances.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Miracle of miracles! Did this thread get back on topic? :blink:

What does the Word say about immigration and national borders? This isn't a small issue. In the end times, we know that there will be wars and rumours of wars, and also hunger and natural disasters. All of these things can contribute to an increase in immigration.

It is a significant issue at the south border of the USA, and it is a significant issue here (Australia). So I think it's worth giving an honest study :blink: .

Here's what I think we have to deal with....

1 - the "immigration" policy into Israel

2 - the command to feed and clothe the poor

3 - the command to spread the gospel

4 - the command (?) to look after our own first (is this really in the bible? :noidea: )

5 - the command to be wise stewards with our money and wise investors (now I am thinking of our national leaders who have economies to manage)

OK I think that's enough to start with.

Any thoughts?

Update...

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/gover...0-1225851763285

Government suspends processing of Sri Lankan, Afghan asylum claims

* April 09, 2010 11:42AM

AUSTRALIA has suspended the processing of all immigration claims from Sri Lankan and Afghan asylum seekers.

"The decision has been made in the light of changing circumstances in both Afghanistan and Sri Lanka," Immigration Minister Chris Evans said.

"The likelihood of people being refused visas and being returned safely to their homelands will increase."

The suspension is effective immediately.

It's gunna get more restrictive... just watch! This is just the beginning.

Miracle of miracles! Did this thread get back on topic? :)

What does the Word say about immigration and national borders? This isn't a small issue. In the end times, we know that there will be wars and rumours of wars, and also hunger and natural disasters. All of these things can contribute to an increase in immigration.

It is a significant issue at the south border of the USA, and it is a significant issue here (Australia). So I think it's worth giving an honest study :thumbsup: .

4 - the command (?) to look after our own first (is this really in the bible? :rolleyes: )

5 - the command to be wise stewards with our money and wise investors (now I am thinking of our national leaders who have economies to manage)

Any thoughts?

The command to give to anyone who asks of you.

So give me all your money, LOL. SSee what's wrong with this request?

We are told who to give to. We shouldn't support the man who doesn't want to work above the widow who cannot. We are to be wise about how we spend our money and who we give it to.

Don't get me wrong, I am very much pro immigration for our country. I just have never investigated this in any depth from a biblical perspective. Got some scriptures to share?

Miracle of miracles! Did this thread get back on topic? :emot-highfive:

It is a significant issue at the south border of the USA, and it is a significant issue here (Australia). So I think it's worth giving an honest study :laugh: .

4 - the command (?) to look after our own first (is this really in the bible? :taped: )

Any thoughts?

The command to give to anyone who asks of you.

So give me all your money, LOL. See what's wrong with this request?

We are told who to give to. We shouldn't support the man who doesn't want to work above the widow who cannot. We are to be wise about how we spend our money and who we give it to.

Don't get me wrong, I am very much pro immigration for our country. I just have never investigated this in any depth from a biblical perspective. Got some scriptures to share?

Well we can be cynical of the person who asks of us,or just give till it hurts and let God sort it out?I am speaking of immigration here and in particular refugees.I'll see if I can find scriptures to back this up but my Spirit says help those who ask.What does yours say?

No, I am not being cynical. Giving is commanded and we should do so. I'm just emphasising the need to do so wisely.

Mat 25:14-46 MKJV

14 For it is as if a man going abroad called his own servants and gave them his goods.

15 And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to each according to his ability. And he went abroad at once.

16 And going he who had received the five talents traded with them, and made another five talents.

17 And likewise he who had received two, he also gained another two.

18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the earth and hid his lord's silver.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants came and took account with them.

20 And so he who had received five talents came and brought another five talents, saying, Lord, you delivered five talents to me. Behold, I have gained five talents above them.

21 His lord said to him, Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful over a few things; I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.

22 He also who had received two talents came and said, Lord, you delivered two talents to me. Behold, I have gained two other talents above them.

23 His lord said to him, Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.

24 And he who had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew that you were a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you did not scatter.

25 And I was afraid and went and hid your talent in the earth. Lo, you have yours.

26 His lord answered and said to him, Evil and slothful servant! You knew that I reaped where I did not sow, and gathered where I did not scatter,

27 then you should have put my money to the exchangers, and coming I would have received my own with interest.

28 Therefore take the talent from him and give it to him who has ten talents.

29 For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will abound. But from him who has not, even that which he has shall be taken away from him.

30 And throw the unprofitable servant into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

31 But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He shall sit on the throne of His glory.

32 And all nations shall be gathered before Him. And He shall separate them from one another, as a shepherd divides the sheep from the goats.

33 And indeed He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats off the left.

34 Then the King shall say to those on His right hand, Come, blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was hungry, and you gave me food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you took Me in;

36 I was naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.

37 Then the righteous shall answer Him, saying, Lord, when did we see You hungry, and fed You? Or thirsty, and gave You drink?

38 When did we see You a stranger, and took You in? Or naked, and clothed You?

39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and came to You?

40 And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you have done it to Me.

41 Then He also shall say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.

42 For I was hungry, and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me no drink;

43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in; I was naked, and you did not clothe Me; I was sick, and in prison, and you did not visit me.

44 Then they will also answer Him, saying, Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to You?

45 Then He shall answer them, saying, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life.

Oh andy,can you post the wise stewards scripture for me to save some time.

Luk 12:42-48 MKJV

42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward whom his lord shall set over his houseservants, to give them their portion of food in season?

43 Blessed is that servant when his lord comes and finds him so doing.

44 Truly I say to you that he will set him over all his possessions.

45 But if that servant says in his heart, My lord delays his coming, and shall begin to beat the male servants and women servants, and to eat and drink and to be drunk,

46 the lord of that servant will come in a day when he does not expect, and at an hour when he does not know. And he will cut him apart, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

47 And that servant who knew his lord's will and did not prepare, nor did according to His will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

48 But he not knowing, and doing things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For to whomever much is given, of him much shall be required. And to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.