IGNORED

question ... jadey stirring the pot again

ayin jade

Guest HIS girl
We need to separate what we are BECAUSE of Him, from what we are APART from Him.

APART from Him, we are not worthy of grace or mercy, in the sense that we could not demand it from God and He did not owe it to us because of some virtue of our own. Apart from Him, we were still loved by Him, but that doesn't make us worthy.

BECAUSE of Him, we are forgiven, and acceptable, and made holy.

I know that before accepting Christ I was stench and filthy rags to Him but I believe He deemed me worthy enough to take the time to woo me. (actually Christ's blood washed me clean on the cross).....

And I know there is nothing that I have done to deserve it but underneath all that I believe He deems me worthy of forgiveness...after all He made me....He doesn't make rubbish :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings,

could not resist a worthy station break:

Revelation 5

1And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

2And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

3And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

4And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

5And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

6And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

7And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

8And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

11And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

12Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

13And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

14And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever. :thumbsup:

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hmmm..maybe we are not worthy of forgiveness,but God considers us worthy to be forgiven?

Hmmm... Thats very thought provoking agua. Goes back to Grace again, and in that I agree with you!

Guest HIS girl

Isaiah 4 v 7:

Everyone who is called by My name,

Whom I have created for My glory;

I have formed him, yes, I have made him.

In no way do I think being worthy of forgiveness detracts from His Grace, and Mercy toward us and His Gift of eternal life through the shedding of Christ's Blood -

I think we being worthy is a seperate issue altogether -

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

No. We are wicked, wretched, and dead in our sins.

There is none righteous, no not one. There is none who does good; there is not even one (Romans 3:10-11)

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

perhaps worth :45: forgiving and not worthy of it .... :40:

When He created man He said it was "good"

Gen 1:31 And God saw everything that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Hmmm..maybe we are not worthy of forgiveness,but God considers us worthy to be forgiven?

Hmmm... Thats very thought provoking agua. Goes back to Grace again, and in that I agree with you!

Sorry Fez, can't agree with you there :45: .

We are valued by God enough for Him to send Christ, but we are not worthy. If we were worthy, God would merely be paying a bill, keeping up His end of the obligation... it wouldn't be a gift.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I hear folks say this at times, and it got me thinking. Please use scriptural support for your answers.

"We are worthy of forgiveness."

Yes or no.

God thought we were. It is a tremendous gift - the most amazing gift ever.

Guest HIS girl

A question for those who believe we are unworthy of forgiveness -

when does this state of "unworthiness" end? Surely it's not an ongoing position?

Maybe once we were unworthy but now the power of the shedding of Christ's blood has done the redemptive job and we are now worthy in His eyes.....

God accepts those things which come from a pure motivation point.

Remember God said of David that He was a man after His own heart - having said that do you think God would then turn around and deem David unworthy of His forgiveness?

Something doesn't sit right with me and that thinking....

I don't believe we are in a constant state of "unworthiness" - Christs blood has set us free -

I believe we were worthy from the beginning, fell because of Adam and have been reclaimed as worthy through Christ - and worthy of forgiveness.