Guest randomperson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Is not the unpardonable sin- refusing to accept Jesus as the Son of God and His sacrifice for your sins.

Therefore one goes into eternity not forgiven.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

can ya'll both take a deep breath and count to ten? :cool:

i believe firmly that a person who commits suicide is not in their right mind at the time. they aren't thinking clearly, or at all, because they are so overwhelmed with emotions that they CAN'T think clearly. and i think that our Lord is compassionate towards those. if they were saved, they're still saved. and after the suicide, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

do i have scripture to support that? yeah, the one that says that the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. suicide is NOT blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. (neither is rejecting Christ, by the way... because that sin will still be forgiven if they repent while alive, providing they had not accepted Christ at one point and then walked away.)

blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is attributing the WORK of the Holy Spirit to the devil. reference: mark 3.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Christ died for all sin, past, present and future, for those who believe in Him.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

How do we know for certain that people take their own lives? Is there solid proof? I think in many instances of "suicide" there are more questions than answers. We don't know what that person was thinking or trying to accomplish. Do we ever know for certain it was suicide? Even if we do know for certain their intent was death, who are we to judge them? We don't know their thoughts. Only God knows their heart.

Don't think that I condone suicide. I have had friends and family kill themselves (we think). And I used to be suicidal and thought about taking my own life. My personal opinion is that suicide is satan's trap. He wanted me dead in my sins.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/01/1956

where did i say that our sins being forgiven gives us free reign to sin??? anyone who believes that has no real concept of what salvation is all about.

and if you think the reasons you gave are why a person commits suicide, and that that's what goes through their mind before they do it..... you haven't got a clue! you may not be heartless on this subject, but your post was certainly heartless. i'd deal with that anger towards your family members, if i were you.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace might increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

NASB

The idea that you proposed all our sins are already forgiven led me to think that. I disagree that my future sins are already forgiven, paid for maybe, but forgiven? I guess you need to show me where that is in Scripture so that I can feel better about it.

As far as dealing with my anger with family who committed suicide goes, I don't have any anger with either. I agree with LadyC, people who commit suicide probably are not in their right mind with a few exceptions and those might be some who are caught by their enemies or some heinous criminal who is about to abuse them or maybe in a fire and jump to their death rather than burn.

Guest LadyC

that brings up a good point, eis.

remember on 911, how many people jumped to their death from the twin towers? they knew that jumping from an 85th floor window would certainly be suicidal. of course, they were going to die anyway. i wonder how many of those individuals KNEW THE LORD? i bet however many knew the Lord and jumped anyway are with the Lord right now.

i'm a christian. but at one point, i was under so much prolonged emotional duress that i wanted to die. i also believe it is satan's trap. i was mentally unstable at the time and probably should have been committed to a psych hospital. if i'd died by my own hand, i have no doubt i'd be with the Lord right now, because the Lord knew my heart, even while i was out of my mind.

and eis, i agree... our future sins are paid for already... that doesn't mean they're forgiven already, or there would be no need for anyone to ever repent.)

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!

How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!

For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR?

Or WHO HAS FIRST GIVEN TO HIM THAT IT MIGHT BE PAID BACK TO HIM AGAIN?

For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

Romans 11:33-36 (NASB)

>>>>>()<<<<<

..... Simply, an unforgivable sin could well be one from which one will not repent. In this case it's murder, self-murder that has been asked about. Here is the illogical aspect of self-murder:....

What! What Is Simply

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Jeremiah 17:5

Unforgivable

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Hebrews 3:12

Or Is Salvation Really

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

Jeremiah 17:7

JESUS

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24-25

>>>>>()<<<<<

This

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

John 3:35-36 (a)

Or That

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36 (b-c)

Whatever Is The Quibble

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:2

Or Whatever Can A Man Add

Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Micah 6:7-8

To The Blood Poured Out That We Might Have Eternal Life

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1 Peter 1:18:19

In The Beloved

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

1 Peter 1:20-25

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Revelation 21:5-7

And Be Blessed Beloved

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

Love, Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/07/1961

Outside of a true mental disorder for which one might not be accountable.... Suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness.

It has little if any concern for those left behind... friends, parents, spouse, children, etc.

It is woe is me, I can't take it any longer, blah, blah, blah.

They probably created an overwhelming situation by not taking responsibility for their actions and now the do it again.

Guest LadyC
Outside of a true mental disorder for which one might not be accountable.... Suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness.

It has little if any concern for those left behind... friends, parents, spouse, children, etc.

It is woe is me, I can't take it any longer, blah, blah, blah.

They probably created an overwhelming situation by not taking responsibility for their actions and now the do it again.

true, it is a selfish act. but that does not make it the unforgivable sin. according to scripture, it is not. it doesn't have to be a "true mental disorder". it could be demonic oppression (not to be confused with possession) or severe depression that drives a person out of their mind and drives them to commit suicide. it could be that they are the victim of abuse at someone else's hands that drives them to take their own life.

that you would dare say the person probably created the overwhelming situation by not taking responsibility for their own action is just beyond crass, beligerant, ignorant, discompassionate, and highly judgmental. without knowing any circumstances of any individual's situation, you have judged them guilty. you should be ashamed. that's the kind of judgment that God tells us in scripture that we are NOT to do.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/07/1961

Suicide is not THE unforgivable sin.

But considering that the one who commits this act is both the victim and the perpetrator at the same time.

suicide is self murder and no murderer can enter the kingdom of heaven.