Christian Singer Jennifer Knapp Says She's Gay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I think there is a big difference between being a homosexual and having sexual or lustful desires towards those of the same sex. It is probably better for homosexuals to abstain from sex altogether in a life of celibacy. I think those places that speak of homosexuality those are places in the Bible that speak of action - sodomy, masturbation etc. And do not refer to ones sexual orientation.

By nature, I have an addictive personality and was heavily addicted to drugs for many years. My personality did not change by itself, nor could I change it when I accepted Christ, He changed it to be one with His ways. The same goes with any natural desires. If it were in our ability to change ourselves in such a way, then we would not need the Holy Spirit to work in us, but because of our inability, Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit.

Our nature is a sinful one, as stated in scripture. It is through these natural desires that we sin, for we follow the desires of the flesh. When we accept Jesus as our savior, and turn our lives over to Him, He is faithful and true to create in us a new creation and renew our minds. This is what I think you are not seeing. He is able to remove the "natural man" and create in us a "new man". This goes for all natural desires, if we are willing to allow Him to do this work.

As for homosexuality being in scripture, you should check the copies of the original text to see that the meaning is there, just that they did not have the same words as we have today. What the interpreters did was take the known sin names and included them. The copies of the originals do not list them as we have them today.

If you would like me to type in what the copies show, I will, but it is far batter if you do this research yourself and get use to turning back to them when there is question is scripture.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennifer,

Don't come out of the closet, come out of the world!!!

We are not called to be inclusive, but exclusive. The word "holy" means to be separated. The narrow path leads to life and we can't show people that way if we're on the broad path to destruction.

But all are free to choose hell if they refuse to hear or see.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I don't know who she is - I've heard Christian singer - but I have not heard her sing. I do not know why people who have some figment of celebrity feel the overwhelming need to open their personal lives up for display and discussion.

Sensationalism sells.

Yes, it does. But in Ms. Knapp's line of work - I wouldn't think declaring herself a homosexual would not improve sales or concert bookings - she is marketing herself to a Christian audience. It seems to me like she shot herself in the foot here. IMO, the more "sensationalistic" ... the more I distance myself ...

Sis, she is now marketing herself as mainstream... where the whole "coming out" business is actually cool. :thumbsup:

Jennifer,

:thumbsup:

CS,

The blood of homosexuals who end up in hell will be on your hands for denying the counsel of the Word of God on this.

Are you also gay? That is the only reason I can think of why someone who calls themself a christian would condone what God very clearly calls "sin". It is not love to lie to them.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Jennifer,

We are not called to be inclusive, but exclusive. The word "holy" means to be separated. The narrow path leads to life and we can't show people that way if we're on the broad path to destruction.

:thumbsup:

Ditto that :thumbsup:

CS,

The blood of homosexuals who end up in hell will be on your hands for denying the counsel of the Word of God on this.

Are you also gay? That is the only reason I can think of why someone who calls themself a christian would condone what God very clearly calls "sin". It is not love to lie to them.

Actually it's the lure of the world... not wanting to tell someone else that they can't have what they want. That kind of talk makes you unpopular and labeled a fundie, stuck in the dark ages, homophobic, yadda yadda yadda....

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I'm not condoning this behavior, but all musicians/bands/actors have sins. But we still support them by buying their movies, books, music, etc. Why is homosexuality any different than other sins? :thumbsup:

I'm not condoning this behavior, but all musicians/bands/actors have sins. But we still support them by buying their movies, books, music, etc. Why is homosexuality any different than other sins? :thumbsup:

There is a difference between a christian who stumbles into sin, and a christian who wallows in it.

She has decided to set up home in the mire. Her heart is in the wrong place.

Additionally, she is using this "coming out" as some kind of marketing ploy. Look how much "airtime" she is getting right here. Using sin as a means of promoting yourself is flat out wrong.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I don't know who she is - I've heard Christian singer - but I have not heard her sing. I do not know why people who have some figment of celebrity feel the overwhelming need to open their personal lives up for display and discussion.

Sensationalism sells.

Yes, it does. But in Ms. Knapp's line of work - I wouldn't think declaring herself a homosexual would not improve sales or concert bookings - she is marketing herself to a Christian audience. It seems to me like she shot herself in the foot here. IMO, the more "sensationalistic" ... the more I distance myself ...

Sis, she is now marketing herself as mainstream... where the whole "coming out" business is actually cool. :thumbsup:

Oh ... well, I still don't know who she is... :thumbsup: