WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

At this point the forcast for flights is no go till 1am Sunday and possible resume flights after 6pm Sunday ... I have friends who were due to fly back to New Zealand on MOnday morning and so far they have ZERO chance of it happening :thumbsup:

Flights from Scotland and Ireland did get out yesterday but they have been closed down again today.

The economic ramifications of this are HUGE ..apart from the millions being lost daily by air companies of various sorts no mail is getting out other than internal mail, no international travel other than by boat ( going back in time to the early 20th century ) International trade halted ... howsoon before food stuff we take for granted becomes " in short supply " ..... the possibilities go on endlessly If this volcano continues to erupt , even for just a few weeks , we could be in for some VERY trange times :noidea:

I hadn't thought of those things, LPT; I'll be praying that does NOT happen.

LP - I heard (news) that Scandinavian Airlines? (SAS airlines) is losing 200 million dollars a day!!! That's massive......I forgot about the snail mail too.....there are folks stranded in Aus wanting to go to Europe and are running out of money just hanging around airports waiting for flights to resume.......

We need to pray for these poor people....what an awfull mess! :thumbsup:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl
At this point the forcast for flights is no go till 1am Sunday and possible resume flights after 6pm Sunday ... I have friends who were due to fly back to New Zealand on MOnday morning and so far they have ZERO chance of it happening :thumbsup:

Flights from Scotland and Ireland did get out yesterday but they have been closed down again today.

The economic ramifications of this are HUGE ..apart from the millions being lost daily by air companies of various sorts no mail is getting out other than internal mail, no international travel other than by boat ( going back in time to the early 20th century ) International trade halted ... howsoon before food stuff we take for granted becomes " in short supply " ..... the possibilities go on endlessly If this volcano continues to erupt , even for just a few weeks , we could be in for some VERY trange times :noidea:

I hadn't thought of those things, LPT; I'll be praying that does NOT happen.

LP - I heard (news) that Scandinavian Airlines? (SAS airlines) is losing 200 million dollars a day!!! That's massive......I forgot about the snail mail too.....there are folks stranded in Aus wanting to go to Europe and are running out of money just hanging around airports waiting for flights to resume.......

We need to pray for these poor people....what an awfull mess! :thumbsup:

Yeah it's turned into a complete shamozzle......

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

My Mother in Law in Norway can see the ash cloud from her house in Norway. This may put a crimp on our plans to travel back to Norway, and they are also worried about the ash poisoning the waters off of Norway killing off the fish.

Do keep this in prayer

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,878
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  229
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:( Yesterday they were hoping to resume flights this evening now they are saying NO ...there are not going to be any till Monday morning at the earliest but they are warning that if the volcano blows again ..and it is showing signs ofdoing so ... then flights may be disrupted for MONTHS. It will depend on which way the wind is blowing but whichever way it blows it will affect some countries :(

The flights that did manage to get away from Scotland and Ireland only did so because they were going AWAY from mainland Europe.... Easter is traditionally the time for many of our schools to organise trips abroad for the pupils and we know of at least 20 schools where the teachers and pupils are still stranded abroad with schools due to reopen tomorrow minus classes and up to 50 % of the staff :52_52:

My firends have been here on a visit from New Zealand and were due to fly back on Monday , they have spent 2 days trying to phone the airlines and just get an automated message saying try again later. If they try to change the flights ( that are already cancelled ) without the travel agents doing so it will cost them THOUSANDS but they are finding it hard to get hold of the travel agent as the time difference makes it even harder and so many others are trying to do so.

It has only been a few days but we are seeing the price and availability of stuff like bananas affected already .....if the crops are picked and waiting somewhere to be flown over here it is going to have a knock on effect for so many already strugling farmers in some of the " third world " countries.

Iceland is already bankrupt so they dont have the money and resourses to help those people who are worst affected in that country and they must be VERY worried

Norway is just waiting to see if the wind changes and how much it will affect them, Denmark is in the same boat ..and this sis not just about losing the fishing industry which is the " life blood " of the country ..it is also about fresh drinking water for the population and the animals .

No matter how clever people thinjk they are about controling our world THIS IS IN GODS HANDS ALONE .... only HE can make the winds disapate the dust and only HE can decide if there are to be more " blows " from this volcano or others around it.

YES it started as an inconvienience for those who rely on air flights for buisness or pleasure but it has FAR greater implications for us all, even for those countries that are too far away to actually be in danger from the fall out itself

:noidea::blink::blink::blink::blink:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

:cool: Yesterday they were hoping to resume flights this evening now they are saying NO ...there are not going to be any till Monday morning at the earliest but they are warning that if the volcano blows again ..and it is showing signs ofdoing so ... then flights may be disrupted for MONTHS. It will depend on which way the wind is blowing but whichever way it blows it will affect some countries :24:

The flights that did manage to get away from Scotland and Ireland only did so because they were going AWAY from mainland Europe.... Easter is traditionally the time for many of our schools to organise trips abroad for the pupils and we know of at least 20 schools where the teachers and pupils are still stranded abroad with schools due to reopen tomorrow minus classes and up to 50 % of the staff :cool:

My firends have been here on a visit from New Zealand and were due to fly back on Monday , they have spent 2 days trying to phone the airlines and just get an automated message saying try again later. If they try to change the flights ( that are already cancelled ) without the travel agents doing so it will cost them THOUSANDS but they are finding it hard to get hold of the travel agent as the time difference makes it even harder and so many others are trying to do so.

It has only been a few days but we are seeing the price and availability of stuff like bananas affected already .....if the crops are picked and waiting somewhere to be flown over here it is going to have a knock on effect for so many already strugling farmers in some of the " third world " countries.

Iceland is already bankrupt so they dont have the money and resourses to help those people who are worst affected in that country and they must be VERY worried

Norway is just waiting to see if the wind changes and how much it will affect them, Denmark is in the same boat ..and this sis not just about losing the fishing industry which is the " life blood " of the country ..it is also about fresh drinking water for the population and the animals .

No matter how clever people thinjk they are about controling our world THIS IS IN GODS HANDS ALONE .... only HE can make the winds disapate the dust and only HE can decide if there are to be more " blows " from this volcano or others around it.

YES it started as an inconvienience for those who rely on air flights for buisness or pleasure but it has FAR greater implications for us all, even for those countries that are too far away to actually be in danger from the fall out itself

:thumbsup::rolleyes::cool::24::24:

This is truly a global problem, LPT, and we all need to pray for God to intervene. We are powerless to do anything about it but protect ourselves by staying indoors. And I say 'ourselves' because that cloud could eventually make it's way across Russia and the Pacific ocean into North American airspace. We are seeing what can happen with a small volcanic eruption; imagine if one of the supervolcanoes (like we have under Yellowstone Park here) erupted. It could be a disaster from which there is no recovery. It really does remind us that only God can save us from extinction in such a situation.