wyguy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

I do understand your point, and dont disagree. But I would still add if one is looking looking unto Jesus, whose sole focus is Him then those things contrary to Him will be exposed. When we stare at the darkness we dont see light. It is only when we stare at the light that we see darkness.

Wow. I've never heard it put that way before. It's making me think (not easy this early in the morning!).

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yod, I understand what your desire is, but frankly your focus is still on this man...take your eyes off of him brother. He may just end up being a stumbling block for you, or he may just be one who bears witness against you in that day. Take your eyes off of him brother, he is not worth it.

How is it that you presume to know my relationship with the Lord while saying I can't judge the fruit of a wicked tree? :blink:

I don't think you understand me the least bit, but thanks for your genuine concern.

My guess is that you have no kids of you own. You have nothing to be responsible for but yourself. Am I right?

Things change pretty drastically when you have to start looking out for someone else's life more than your own. My paternal instinct and my life-long study of history/warfare tells me that Obama is a bigger threat to life & liberty than we've ever seen in the USA. I am genuinely concerned about the innocent people who are being harmed already...but I promise you, from what I have learned about his modis operandi....we haven't seen anything yet.

If there are several irregularities in the 2010 elections (and I suspect there will be many) this country will be divided like never before. The biggest difference between the Civil War and today is the technology for the government to turn into a totalitarian police state in a single day.

I honestly think that is where we are headed based on historical and factual reasons. I have made many predictions about what Obama would do next and have been batting 100% though I get accused of wearing a tin hat for doing so. It's pretty simple actually. No matter what he says, look for the most crooked result possible and that is what he's actually going for.

He's become quite predictable and I'm sorry if anyone thinks I'm going to lay down and shut up. Not until the danger is passed....Jesus would have me do nothing less.

Prov. 1

let the wise listen and add to their learning,

and let the discerning get guidance-

for understanding proverbs and parables,

the sayings and riddles of the wise.

20 Wisdom calls aloud in the street,

she raises her voice in the public squares;

21 at the head of the noisy streets [c] she cries out,

in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

22 "How long will you simple ones [d] love your simple ways?

How long will mockers delight in mockery

and fools hate knowledge?

23 If you had responded to my rebuke,

I would have poured out my heart to you

and made my thoughts known to you.

24 But since you rejected me when I called

and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand,

25 since you ignored all my advice

and would not accept my rebuke,

26 I in turn will laugh at your disaster;

I will mock when calamity overtakes you-

27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,

when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,

when distress and trouble overwhelm you.

28 "Then they will call to me but I will not answer;

they will look for me but will not find me.

29 Since they hated knowledge

and did not choose to fear the LORD,

30 since they would not accept my advice

and spurned my rebuke,

31 they will eat the fruit of their ways

and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.

32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them,

and the complacency of fools will destroy them;

33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety

and be at ease, without fear of harm."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Because, neb.....

'Hello, I'm MG, and I'm a know-it-all-aholic!' I just can't help putting my opinion out there...about everything. It's the Irish in me. :)

(I didn't know you were Irish - cool!)

Are you kidding? The way she fights, she has to be Irish! :whistling:

Seriously, as far as Obama goes, I think we shouldn't be afraid to call someone a false convert if they do not show the fruits of repentance.

Because, neb.....

'Hello, I'm MG, and I'm a know-it-all-aholic!' I just can't help putting my opinion out there...about everything. It's the Irish in me. :thumbsup:

Are you kidding? The way she fights, she has to be Irish! :laugh:

Seriously, as far as Obama goes, I think we shouldn't be afraid to call someone a false convert if they do not show the fruits of repentance.

I don't think we should call anyone a false convert, unless we KNOW for sure, but I do think we should pray for this man.

Because, neb.....

'Hello, I'm MG, and I'm a know-it-all-aholic!' I just can't help putting my opinion out there...about everything. It's the Irish in me. :31:

Are you kidding? The way she fights, she has to be Irish! :)

I don't think we should call anyone a false convert, unless we KNOW for sure, but I do think we should pray for this man.

If a person doesn't show the fruits of repentance, it's a safe bet they are false converts.

Example: People who calls themselves Christian who still have pre-marital sex, steal, lie, murder, commit adultery, take the name of the Lord in vain, don't love/obey God's Word as found in the Scriptures, etc.

With Obama supporting wholeheartedly the murder of the unborn and the homosexual agenda - it's pretty safe to say he is a false convert.

how many of those things does one have to do in order to be labeled a "false convert"? all of them? one? two? is there a time-limit?

A lifestyle categorized by continual, wilful sinning.

how many of those things does one have to do in order to be labeled a "false convert"? all of them? one? two? is there a time-limit?

A lifestyle categorized by continual, wilful sinning.

ok. for how long? and what about the rest of what i said?

Let me add to "A lifestyle categorized by continual, wilful sinning" with an attitude of disregard for repentance.

i don't think there are any kudos for us in saying that right now. do you?

Most of Christ's parables were about watching out for false converts (sheep and goats, wheat and tares, good seed and bad seed, wolves from among the very flock) if we are not to weigh the evidence in regard to true and false conversion, those parables are meaningless.

If a person doesn't show the fruits of repentance, it's a safe bet they are false converts.

Example: People who calls themselves Christian who still have pre-marital sex, steal, lie, murder, commit adultery, take the name of the Lord in vain, don't love/obey God's Word as found in the Scriptures, etc.

I'm a false convert.

hey mg? i'm getting a feeling here. just kind of a suspicion, if you know what i mean. and i could be wrong about this, because i'm not sure you've stated it real clearly....

do you think we should pray for obama? :rolleyes:

:laugh:

I think you must be clairvoyant or something. :24: Yes! We should pray for him to come to know the real Jesus. From what I gather, he's never had good teaching but anyone can change. What's good for the President is good for the country. And let's not forget those two little girls that live in the White House.

And let's not forget those two little girls that live in the White House.

Don't worry, in about 2 more years they'll be living in another house. :rolleyes: