Another question...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom line, there is no middle ground, you either hold the Bible in highest authority

with all due respect, boldly, the BIBLE is not one's highest authority, but Christ Himself is.

and live in obedience to the best of your ability

absolutely...

or you do not, keeping one foot in the world, selectively obeying His commands.

but draigon, don't feel that you are NOT a Christian if you 'sin', for we ALL fall short and do what we don't desire to do... just read St. Paul and the trouble he speaks of ...

15 I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree that the law is good. 17 So then it is no longer I that do it, but sin which dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I that do it, but sin which dwells within me. 21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inmost self, 23 but I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin which dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I of myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin. Romans 7:14-25 (RSV)

Draigon, don't feel defeated IF you aren't perfect; Christ loves you REGARDLESS!!! Give God's grace time to work in your life. Surrender ALL to HIM ... HE will lead you to Himself. Seek HIM Always through prayer and through scriptures...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey, Draigon!

How about this? Take this before the Lord and ask Him to reveal to you what He would have you do. Ask for clear direction, and see what happens!

If I may, though, add this. I have a very, very dear friend who has chosen the path of Buddhism. She's told me lots aobut how she respects my beliefs and doesn't want to change me, yet everytime I mention something I believe that she doesn't agree with, she seems to be trying to talk me out of what I believe. :oww: :c: I don't get it!

Truthfully, though, it is very discouraging, and at times it makes me want to avoid her because she does not understand this love relationship I have with Jesus and my desire to please Him in all I do - and that includes such things as morality issues and the like.

Then she blames me for pulling away . . . making me feel guilty . . . like I am in the wrong for not listening to her . . . but she keeps saying she's not out to change me . . . but she thinks I'm wrong . . . :rofl: .

I do love my friend, though, as I am sure you love your boyfriend. You are on a different path now, though.

All I personally would ask is that you wait a little, test out how he actually reacts to your new found faith. Just like my friend, he may believe he is OK with your different faith/beliefs, but please be sure his actions really do follow through with his words. Would that be OK?

And, again, please talk to our Lord about this. Just ask Him for a sign, wisdom, knowledge, revelation, whatever that would speak to you what His will for your life concerning this is. Would that be OK with you?

Much grace and many, many blessings to you Sis!

:hug:

*Neb*

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/08/1987

Ofcourse I will do so ned...I have been already.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Draigon - I LOVE your signature! One down, so many more to go! woohoo!

I do not appriciate that fact that you all deleted crow's or wix's post, they are my best friends and my love and I would have liked to have known what they said. I understand it is coming from a differnt view then those in the eyes of the Lord, but I do believe that they have a freedom of speech, and as this is my post, I think they should be allowed to say it as my friends...

Edited by Draigon

Look, I have been praying and searching out this trouble of MINE...And I feel as though God is telling me to go with it, that it will all work out. And I believe in God and what He has to say...don't get me wrong, I do listen to all you have to say, but I believe God speaks higher then any human ever could. I will go with God.

With the one true Lord,

*Draigon*

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Look, I have been praying and searching out this trouble of MINE...And I feel as though God is telling me to go with it, that it will all work out. And I believe in God and what He has to say...don't get me wrong, I do listen to all you have to say, but I believe God speaks higher then any human ever could. I will go with God.

With the one true Lord,

*Draigon*

draigon...what is this 'trouble' of yours? Is it something you can share? Of course God will listen to you...and He already knows your trouble, and knows how it will all work out. I will keep praying for you. I'm still amazed that a short week or LESS ago, you were so against everything Christian/Jesus/faith...and now look where you are...WOW! :il:

Servinghim...the trouble is with my boyfriend being a wiccan, and me being a christian...if you read through this topic, you will see that...but I am praying about it as I have said...

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Hey you precious little sister!

Why do you have to do anything right now??

Is there something wrong with your current living situation? Are you going to be homeless tomorrow? Hold it! Put on the brakes for moment. :P

If you wait upon the Lord for an answer, that's what you do - you wait. You've been a Christian but a day and already have an answer on something so life-changing as moving in with a boyfriend? My advice is that you continue to pray and wait and have patience. You definitely don't want to do something that is outside of God's will, I'm sure. So just sit back, pray and wait for the right answer. The answer that our Lord will give you in His timing. And concentrate on getting to know Him all over again. Make up for some lost time you spent away from God. You'll be so much better off for it if you spend some time concentrating on Him, than you will moving in with any boyfriend right now. I hope you take our advice here. We all mean very well I think you know. But now's not the time to hastily make a decision that is such a major life decision. Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew your strength.

Please, consider the things your brothers and sisters are offering. It's so awesome to see your praises and thanksgiving but make your decision wisely. And by that, I mean, seek God for his will. You will NEVER EVER regret any decision that is made in his will, but you will regret decisions made outside of his will. Trust me on that. I know.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

With the one true Lord,

*Draigon*

Hi Draigon,

:P I'm so glad you have joined us here!

I'm sorry but I'm going to hafta' disagree with you on this Sweetie because I do not believe that it is God's will. Many times we may feel a certain way but does that make it good? Does it make it Godly? The world says if it feels good it is good... Christians say only God is good.

So what is God's will? And how do we know it is His will?

God's Will is always good (moral), pleasing (it is pleasing to God), and perfect (represents what is ultimately perfect and produces maturity).

God's will never contradicts His Word...

Matthew 6

" 'Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name,

10your kingdom come,

your will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

11Give us today our daily bread.

12Forgive us our debts,

as we also have forgiven our debtors.

13And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from the evil for

yours is the kingdom and the power

and the glory forever. Amen.

2 Timothy 2

22Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

I agree with Artsylady. Take some time for yourself to grow stronger with the Lord.

Work on that relationship first and everything else will fall into place. If this young man is the man God has chosen for you then your boyfriend will wait, he will still be there for you know matter what... Remember God's rules for love...

1 Corinthians 13

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

God's will for you is in His Word.

:hug:

Edited by kittyjo