• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/17/1962

It has been a while since I last posted here at Worthy but over the past couple of weeks I have been reading through some of the posts.

More than ever now, I realise just how much I need God in my life and to be amongst others that feel the same way. Even reading the posts as I have been doing I feel at home here at Worthy even though it has been a while that I have been involved in the topics.

I wasn't too sure where to post this so I thought it would be better if I added it to my previous topic where people may remember me.

Anyway I just wanted to say hello and that it feels good to be back and I look forward to joining in with the various postings.

Thankyou to you all

:th_wave:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Please can someone advise me. Yes I am a Christian but I cant help feeling this way. I know so many more feel this way but I do not know their faith.

I live in the United Kingdom and am so fed up with the way the Immigration problem is affecting our small island.

These people are swamping our country, claiming all that is on offer, getting priority above our own people and some of them do not even attempt to interact with others, they stick to their own little community, they get their own places of worship built, speak away in their own language to the point that people here are beginning to feel like in the minority.

Our young troops ,some even to young to vote are fighting when they should be at home with their families.

The ones above me made my life a misery with their total lack of consideration and respect with their noise, thinking allowing their kids to run up and down constantly is acceptable. Well its not.

So many people in this country are sick of it now and I am one of them.

As a Christian what am I supposed to do, sit back and allow them all to flood our country without opening my mouth, if I do the anger wells up so much in me.

I have tried smiling in the street and they look at me as if Im from another planet, but quite happy to chat away to each other laughing away.

We speak English , so learn English. I wonder what hospitality we would get if we went over there. Would we be allowed to build our Christian churches in as Islamic country. I dont think so some how.

I am speaking what is in my heart Because God knows my heart and I will not lie.

It makes me so mad at what is happening.

Yes I am a proud Christian and yes I am also angry.

I just had to vent and I dont even know if this will be posted or not.

Thankyou for reading this.

We as Christians are to Love One Another as Jesus Christ commanded us to do. The advise i would give to you is the same advise i would give to Lot living in Sodom, . . . MOVE!

If your soul is vexed daily because of those who live around you, if they will not move, then you move. However you have a perfect opportunity to reflect and glorify Jesus Christ in you, by loving them even if they do not deserve it, or they are unlovable, love them anyways that is what Christ would do in your shoes. If you can't love them, and your spirit is vexed by those who live around you, then MOVE!

^i^

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Welcome back Elaine47 to the forum. We know you will be encouraged by many here.

How have things turned out with your neighbors?

God bless you!

In Christ,

GE

Thankyou Golden Eagle for your reply and it is good to be back here.

The housing association have been involved all along the way with this problem and just recently I had a good heart to heart with my neighbourhood officer who was really understanding.

Both myself and the people upstairs have nothing to do with each other any more.

I know it isnt biblical to have these feelings but I have decided to try to put them out of my mind as much as I possibly can and get on with my own life.

I have spoken to God about this.

To be honest Golden Eagle, I am finding it really hard to show them any compassion. I understand it is wrong to feel this way and for this I have asked for God's help.

I guess I am still a work in progress concerning my feelings towards them. I have never felt like this towards anybody else and I hope to never have in the future.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The housing association have been involved all along the way with this problem and just recently I had a good heart to heart with my neighbourhood officer who was really understanding.

Both myself and the people upstairs have nothing to do with each other any more.

I know it isnt biblical to have these feelings but I have decided to try to put them out of my mind as much as I possibly can and get on with my own life.

To be honest Golden Eagle, I am finding it really hard to show them any compassion. I understand it is wrong to feel this way and for this I have asked for God's help.

I guess I am still a work in progress concerning my feelings towards them. I have never felt like this towards anybody else and I hope to never have in the future.

Just keep your hand firmly in His, Elaine. It will all work out, you'll see. And posting your frustration here is a big help, along with getting encouragement in your walk of faith. :mgbowtie:

The housing association have been involved all along the way with this problem and just recently I had a good heart to heart with my neighborhood officer who was really understanding.

Both myself and the people upstairs have nothing to do with each other anymore.

I know it isn’t biblical to have these feelings but I have decided to try to put them out of my mind as much as I possibly can and get on with my own life.

Hi Elaine! You’re welcome. This forum is a great place to be. :)

I feel compelled to share God’s Word with you. Trust God. We know all things work for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

Rom. 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

God can be counted out as a strong tower of safety.

Prov. 18:10

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Yes we are who Believe are all a work in progress and God is not done with us yet.

Philippians 1:6

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Our affliction is just for a moment. After all we’re just passing through and life on earth is for but a moment compared to eternity with Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:17

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,

God tells us not to be afraid or dismayed for God is with us. God will strengthen us in our times of need and uphold us (sustain us) with His righteous hand. ;)

Isaiah 41:10

"So do not fear, for I am with you;

do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you and help you;

I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Jesus has left us His Peacemaker – the Holy Spirit. Not that we won’t suffer in this world but we don’t have to be troubled or afraid.

John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

When you go through tough times (waters which are passing) remember God is with you. When you feel like things are closing in around (rivers shall not overflow you don’t be afraid for they will not overcome you.

Isaiah 43:2

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.

Sometimes the best medicine for being down cast is to praise God. It also helps getting involved in helping other people in worse situations than our own. No matter what we’re going through there is always someone else hurting around us.

Psalm 43:5

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.

I hope you are encouraged today.

God bless,

GE

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3

Hi Elaine,

This is a tricky topic! I don't think there are any perfect answers. In an ideal world we would welcome all that really needed help, and detect all those who are simply looking to use our benefit system for its own sake. We may also welcome people who bring extra skills to our country, just as we may welcome the chance to work in other countries ourselves.

As we come closer to the season that many of us remember the Nativity of our Lord, I do think it's worth remembering that our Lord himself was an exile in a foreign land. Some immigrants are genuinely in fear of their lives (either from persecution or because living conditions are so poor), and I think it's right that the load is spread across Europe (rather than the Northern countries not taking any of the load because we're rarely the first countries encountered with migrants usually coming from the more populated South). There is always a danger that those who are not really in need harden our hearts against those that really are in need.

In my own career (science) I have known very many who have gone to work in other countries - it's very common in science, and I think the scientific community benefits from this interchange. Some of my friends have simply been "economic migrants" - moving to the US where salaries for scientists are significantly higher, others have moved because they found it difficult to get a job in the UK, and many simply go to where the research most interests them and the best facilities exist (many physicists, for example, will end up in Europe's CERN facility). Movement across borders is very much a two-way street in our community - it is common and well accepted. Many university labs are incredibly diverse in nationality and culture, and it often makes for a productive and enjoyable atmosphere. There are times the UK has also very much encouraged immigration to help fill labour shortages - from lower pay jobs such as bus drivers, through to elite professional jobs such as medics.

None of that is to say that there should be no controls, but that the British community has sometimes benefited from migration - either enjoying the benefits of moving elsewhere, or enjoying the benefits of being able to attract people to this country to fill skill or labour gaps. When times are tougher, as they are now, I think we should also remember how we've benefited from migration previously. We can also be thankful that we're still a country that attracts people.

Just another angle on this complex problem. I don't pretend there are any easy answers, and I think it's always going to be a bit of a tricky balancing act.

God bless +

Edited by UK Michael

Hi Elaine,

This is a tricky topic! I don't think there are any perfect answers. In an ideal world we would welcome all that really needed help, and detect all those who are simply looking to use our benefit system for its own sake. We may also welcome people who bring extra skills to our country, just as we may welcome the chance to work in other countries ourselves.

As we come closer to the season that many of us remember the Nativity of our Lord, I do think it's worth remembering that our Lord himself was an exile in a foreign land. Some immigrants are genuinely in fear of their lives (either from persecution or because living conditions are so poor), and I think it's right that the load is spread across Europe (rather than the Northern countries not taking any of the load because we're rarely the first countries encountered with migrants usually coming from the more populated South). There is always a danger that those who are not really in need harden our hearts against those that really are in need.

In my own career (science) I have known very many who have gone to work in other countries - it's very common in science, and I think the scientific community benefits from this interchange. Some of my friends have simply been "economic migrants" - moving to the US where salaries for scientists are significantly higher, others have moved because they found it difficult to get a job in the UK, and many simply go to where the research most interests them and the best facilities exist (many physicists, for example, will end up in Europe's CERN facility). Movement across borders is very much a two-way street in our community - it is common and well accepted. Many university labs are incredibly diverse in nationality and culture, and it often makes for a productive and enjoyable atmosphere. There are times the UK has also very much encouraged immigration to help fill labour shortages - from lower pay jobs such as bus drivers, through to elite professional jobs such as medics.

None of that is to say that there should be no controls, but that the British community has sometimes benefited from migration - either enjoying the benefits of moving elsewhere, or enjoying the benefits of being able to attract people to this country to fill skill or labour gaps. When times are tougher, as they are now, I think we should also remember how we've benefited from migration previously. We can also be thankful that we're still a country that attracts people.

Just another angle on this complex problem. I don't pretend there are any easy answers, and I think it's always going to be a bit of a tricky balancing act.

God bless +

Interesting thoughts and perspective Michael. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I wasn't too sure where I should write this post but I thought that this thread seemed the most appropriate.

I am not doing too good at the moment at all. As I wrote before I suffered from a nervous breakdown back in 2009 due to noisy inconsiderate upstairs neighbours.

I am trying really hard to follow my path with God and be the kind of daughter he will be proud of but I am still finding it so very hard dealing with all this mass immigration into our small island, the UK.

This at this time is a huge stumbling block in my walk with God.

Where I live they throw food out of their windows and leave rubbish and dirty nappies strewn all over the place. Drains are becoming blocked therefore over running and beginning to smell of waste. I could go on and on but it would take too long.

I have lived in our neighbourhood since 1985 and I don't want to move as this is where all our friends are.

I understand that God requires us to love our neighbours but does he really expect us to allow our country to be treated in this way and the population booming? I don't know what he wants me to do, I am just finding it so hard and I feel my depression creeping up on me again.

Please help............ :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

If we only granted benefits to people who are citizens or at least legal immigrants and their children, it would be easier. But we are experienceing reverse discrimination like that which once existed with black people. Now mostly hispanic people are able to go to get

scholarships, free food at school, public assistance, and free medical aid. But at least if I smile at non english speaking Hispanics, they

usually smile back. And many are hard working holding down 2 or 3 minimum wage or part time jobs. I respect these people, even if

they do send most of their money to their homelands. If we only had a way to rid ourselves of the criminals and those who come for a hand out. They just return when we deport them.

The muslims avoid my eyes when I say hello and smile at them. They keep their eyes down. Perhaps that is their tradition. But the

religious differences is really felt when our public schools now teach the muslim religion but we are not allowed to pray or mention our

God. I do know people who have lost their jobs with the school system for sharing the Gospel while at work. Millitary chaplains are

no longer allowed to pray in Jesus' name. In some areas we are severely restricted about displaying the 10 commandments, Christmas

decorations, etc. Federally supported school programs are not allowed to teach about Thanksgiving. These things create a lot of resentment toward other faiths as well as toward our government. I have to remind myself to pray for those in authority over me and

for our civil government, especially for our president.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus