IGNORED

Do atheists feel obligated...

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl
They think the worlds woes are from religion - wars, hunger, poverty and ignorance. At least, that's what I've witnessed during my time here. I believe many of them sincerely believe the world would be better off in many ways if religion, especially Christianity, were eradicated. They look at the past wars conducted in the name of Christ and the middle eastern conflicts, that sort of thing.

They don't have the spirit within them to help them understand.

BTW - a true atheist doesn't believe in satan either.

Yes, that's right Trav - yet there are atheists who have a warped view of afterlife and believe in an "energy force" after death etc - but yes, these too are not true atheists.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

So what's the purpose of spreading atheism - ?

1. They are calling God a lier. Romans 1:18,19 tells us that God has put that knowledge of Him in them, but they supress this knowledge and tell people that there is no God, calling God a lier.

2. We know who is the father of lies, and these are his puppets who do his will, which is to encourage open rebellion against God.

3. Even though most of them are unaware of there service to Father of lies, they are serving his purpose, rebellion against God. Just like any beliefs that encourage rebellion against God, knowingly or unknowingly.

So what's the purpose of spreading atheism - ?

1. They are calling God a lier. Romans 1:18,19 tells us that God has put that knowledge of Him in them, but they supress this knowledge and tell people that there is no God, calling God a lier.

2. We know who is the father of lies, and these are his puppets who do his will, which is to encourage open rebellion against God.

3. Even though most of them are unaware of there service to Father of lies, they are serving his purpose, rebellion against God. Just like any beliefs that encourage rebellion against God, knowingly or unknowingly.

:noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Amazing - you're right, there is always a hatred of God and belittling of God intwined in atheism...

Yes, after a while you begin to see a pattern emerge no matter what atheist you interact with. They literally HATE the idea of God and loathe Christians; it's not hard to figure out who is behind that. They tend to be angry and, sooner or later, it comes out.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings,

seems many of them forget what happens when religion is outlawed by government. how often do they look at effects of communism and speak out on the evils of it?

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

At least a fervent Atheist has personal convictions, and many of us would have once called ourselves Atheists, and been directly or indirectly opposed to G-d and religions...I think it is a bit disingenuous discussing fellow human beings this way... and attributing blanket statements to their non-belief system which has so many variables. :)

Guest HIS girl
At least a fervent Atheist has personal convictions, and many of us would have once called ourselves Atheists, and been directly or indirectly opposed to G-d and religions...I think it is a bit disingenuous discussing fellow human beings this way... and attributing blanket statements to their non-belief system which has so many variables. :)

Eventhough I was raised in the strangest of circumstances - a single dad who was atheist yet allowed his children to go to Church as long as he wasn't involved in any way, I always believed there was "something" out there and at no time could I ever label myself as having been an atheist.

My original post in this subject is what is the purpose - what drives an atheist - remembering that the "usual" atheist believes there is nothing beyond this life -

I didn't intend to dishonor anyone or belittle anyone, just contemplating the universe and it's inhabitants...

At least a fervent Atheist has personal convictions, and many of us would have once called ourselves Atheists, and been directly or indirectly opposed to G-d and religions...I think it is a bit disingenuous discussing fellow human beings this way... and attributing blanket statements to their non-belief system which has so many variables. :blink:

Can you clear this up. You state that atheist have a non-belief system, but they hold to the belief that there is not God. They may not have a set of rules they they live by, but they live by a belief, there is no God. Am I missing something?

e

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

At least a fervent Atheist has personal convictions, and many of us would have once called ourselves Atheists, and been directly or indirectly opposed to G-d and religions...I think it is a bit disingenuous discussing fellow human beings this way... and attributing blanket statements to their non-belief system which has so many variables. :whistling:

I agree that atheists don't fit into any neat category. But discussing what drives their denial of God isn't a bad thing....they post here so they can expect people to wonder about them and to state opinions.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

At least a fervent Atheist has personal convictions, and many of us would have once called ourselves Atheists, and been directly or indirectly opposed to G-d and religions...I think it is a bit disingenuous discussing fellow human beings this way... and attributing blanket statements to their non-belief system which has so many variables. :laugh:

Can you clear this up. You state that atheist have a non-belief system, but they hold to the belief that there is not God. They may not have a set of rules they they live by, but they live by a belief, there is no God. Am I missing something?

I'll give it a go :(

I don't think there is any one aspect of Atheism that describes correctly and concisely what those that consider themselves Atheists would call themselves....most that take-on or adopt the title, do so to signify that they do not have a belief-system in any religious or mythological histories or accounts...personally when I called myself an Atheist...it was to signify that I did not believe in G-d, Mohammed, Buddha et alia...without getting bogged down in semantics, this was my non-belief system...which as you rightly point out in itself constitutes a belief in that it attempts to define or categorise where a person stands.

Biblical definitions are much clearer....you are either in the Light, or you are in the Darkness....you are either a Sheep or a Goat....you are either for G-d or against G-d...saved and forgiven or unsaved and condemned.

In a sense you could call Atheism just another way of defining personal unbelief in G-d....the fact that they deny any gods would be irrelevant as there are no other gods...but these are my personal understandings on the subject.