• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1971

It does sound right, doesn't it? Maybe I should take this to the Doctrinal Questions thread. I'd really like to know what word Jesus actually said.

Guest man
It does sound right, doesn't it? Maybe I should take this to the Doctrinal Questions thread. I'd really like to know what word Jesus actually said.

Proverbs 14

12 There is a way that seems right to a man,

But its end is the way of death.

It doesn't list the word used for birds, only that in this verse it means "evil ones". I'll have to do some serious research to discover the word used here, but would the King James Study Bible (Thomas Nelson Publishers) be that wrong? It's possible I guess.

You need to stop relying on the wisdom of men.

Provrbs 1

7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,

But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 9

Proverbs 14

12 There is a way that seems right to a man,

But its end is the way of death.

Which is exactly why I want to know the real Truth.

Guest man
My concern is how easily I neglected to research God's word. I just assumed the understanding I had was all I needed to know until God gave me a deeper understanding. If I wasn't that careful with this, how careful have I been with all of God's word? That is a truly frightening thought to me.

Sometimes there is no deeper understanding. I'm not saying this is one of those times, but one has to look at it logically. As I said before, if the kingdom of heaven is infested with demons, why would God ask us to seek it out?

Because of the words of some guy on the radio, the enemy has pierced you with an arrow of doubt. Instead of pulling that arrow out and casting it aside, you're letting it fester, which is causing you to doubt yourself.

You need to stop doing that.

My concern is how easily I neglected to research God's word. I just assumed the understanding I had was all I needed to know until God gave me a deeper understanding. If I wasn't that careful with this, how careful have I been with all of God's word? That is a truly frightening thought to me.

Sometimes there is no deeper understanding. I'm not saying this is one of those times, but one has to look at it logically. As I said before, if the kingdom of heaven is infested with demons, why would God ask us to seek it out?

Because of the words of some guy on the radio, the enemy has pierced you with an arrow of doubt. Instead of pulling that arrow out and casting it aside, you're letting it fester, which is causing you to doubt yourself.

You need to stop doing that.

The minister was simply the vessel that God used to alert me to this issue. I don't know the answer yet.

Why would I want to trust myself? God is the only one who is trustworthy.

Guest man
The minister was simply the vessel that God used to alert me to this issue. I don't know the answer yet.

Not all ministers are servants of the Lord. Blindness can infect anyone.

Matthew 7

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/31/1951

Hi,

According to Matthew Henry's commentary:

The parables of the mustard-seed and the leaven.

The scope of the parable of the seed sown, is to show that the beginnings of the gospel would be small, but its latter end would greatly increase; in this way the work of grace in the heart, the kingdom of God within us, would be carried on. In the soul where grace truly is, it will grow really; though perhaps at first not to be discerned, it will at last come to great strength and usefulness. The preaching of the gospel works like leaven in the hearts of those who receive it. The

leaven works certainly, so does the word, yet gradually. It works silently, and without being seen, Mr 4:26 to 29, yet strongly; without noise, for so is the way of the Spirit, but without fail. Thus it was in the world. The apostles, by preaching the gospel, hid a handful of leaven in the great mass of mankind. It was made powerful by the Spirit of the Lord of hosts, who works, and none can hinder. Thus it is in the heart. When the gospel comes into the

soul, it works a thorough change; it spreads itself into all the powers and faculties of the soul, and alters the property even of the members of the body, Ro 6:13. From these parables we are taught to expect a gradual progress; therefore let us inquire, Are we growing in grace? and in holy principles and habits? (Mt 13:44-52)

I don't see any indication that the birds are evil...

birds: 4071

peteinovn Peteinon (pet-i-non');

Word Origin: Greek, Noun Neuter, Strong #: 4071

flying, winged

flying or winged animals, birds

the birds of the heaven, i.e. flying in the heaven (air)

KJV Word Usage and Count

fowl 9

bird 5

Hope this helps,

Joe

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

I totally sympathize with this questioning of yours.

I don't know enough to clarify the matter. However, I just wanted to say that study Bible commentaries are written by men, and sometimes they make mistakes.

So I wouldnt hold for Bible truth the commentaries or footnotes in the study Bible.

Sometimes, from one study bible to the other, the commentaries contradict each other...

:whistling: