IGNORED

Seven year tribulation . . .

BlindSeeker

I don't believe there are any verses that speak of the very last 7 years before the return of Christ.

seems to be a widely accepted doctrine in the church . . . even on the history channel

where is it?

I don't watch TV (much) and don't attend church. :whistling: All that I know comes from the Word. I don't know of any verses that pertain to the last 7 years.

There is 1 verse however, that renders this belief of a 7 year trbulation period false.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I don't believe there are any verses that speak of the very last 7 years before the return of Christ.

seems to be a widely accepted doctrine in the church . . . even on the history channel

where is it?

I don't watch TV (much) and don't attend church. :whistling: All that I know comes from the Word. I don't know of any verses that pertain to the last 7 years.

There is 1 verse however, that renders this belief of a 7 year trbulation period false.

Is it something you keep in you pocket and only share with a select few?

where is it?

Is it something you keep in you pocket and only share with a select few?

Didn't want to derail your thread. I've been chastised for doing that in the past. Not your threads specifically, just threads in general.

But since you asked.....

Matthew 24

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

Can you explain why you believe these verses point to a 7 year tribulation?

No I won't. Because I never said I believed those verses pointed to the trib...read my post again Katyann.

Well . . . then, I am a bit puzzled why you would post them. There is so much discussion that takes place about pre-trib, mid-trib and post-trib, I thought it would be beneficial to go to the very foundation of it all which is the 7 year duration around which it all is based.

You stated, "I'm very interested in where this is going to go," so where did you expect your posting to take the conversation?

Where it the "7 year tribulation" in scripture?

I apologize then. I posted the verses that are very often used to defend the tribulation period. No one else was posting. I just thought to get the topic going.

I will now back out and not say another word on the subject. :whistling: (for the record I don't hold any strong beliefs on this topic, I really don't)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

In Dan. 9 the word week seems to indicate a period of seven, seven weeks, seven days and it also can be used to show the Feast of Weeks which is between Passover and Shavuot or Pentecost. There is some thought that Dan. 9 is refering to the last 7 Feasts of Weeks and when the last week is finished Messiah will return.

can you expound?

With the risk of getting beaten up :whistling: I'll try and explain how I am starting to see this. 70 'weeks' were given, theres a possiblity that these 70 weeks are the actual Feasts of Weeks. The way the wordings of this prophecy and with Yeshua refering to Dan. 9 in the Sermon on the Mt. of Olives, it may be that we are to look at this as Yeshua giving the break down in reverse order, that He was recounting it as if it had already happened that the millennial reign is already underway. Since the nation of Israel came into the land they have observed the Feast of Weeks, 63 feast this May, that leaves 7 more of them. In order for this to be remotely correct is if we see some kind of agreement between now and next May I believe, something we may be seeing coming to pass right now with all the stuff going on between Israel, the US and the rest of the world.

I must admit this is not my teachings but I had already thought that many of the teachings on the seven week stuff didn't quite add up at least for me. Monte Judah (and others) have a talk and an article laying this all out, now I know many will raise the alarm since he is a hebraic roots teacher but hes got a lot of this right as well as having things that don't quite add up also, no man is perfect. I will send you a link if you want to explore this further.

Mizz

I apologize then. I posted the verses that are very often used to defend the tribulation period. No one else was posting. I just thought to get the topic going.

I will now back out and not say another word on the subject. :whistling: (for the record I don't hold any strong beliefs on this topic, I really don't)

Well now my friend, there is no need for an apology whatsoever. I do appreciate your efforts to "get the topic going" but this topic usually doesn't take off. Too many people have too much time invested in their position on their tribulation and the Antichrist theories to rethink the foundation on which much of it has been built.

I myself do not subscribe to much of the end time perspectives out there and I am truly interested in understanding why others have accepted this teaching as sound.

Apart from the topic itself, I hope that you would not back out because you feel that I am not interested in your position or input :24: My questions were merely to press forward into "why" or "why not" others believe in a 7 year tribulation.

Peace,

William

With the risk of getting beaten up :whistling: I'll try and explain how I am starting to see this. 70 'weeks' were given, theres a possiblity that these 70 weeks are the actual Feasts of Weeks. The way the wordings of this prophecy and with Yeshua refering to Dan. 9 in the Sermon on the Mt. of Olives, it may be that we are to look at this as Yeshua giving the break down in reverse order, that He was recounting it as if it had already happened that the millennial reign is already underway. Since the nation of Israel came into the land they have observed the Feast of Weeks, 63 feast this May, that leaves 7 more of them. In order for this to be remotely correct is if we see some kind of agreement between now and next May I believe, something we may be seeing coming to pass right now with all the stuff going on between Israel, the US and the rest of the world.

I must admit this is not my teachings but I had already thought that many of the teachings on the seven week stuff didn't quite add up at least for me. Monte Judah (and others) have a talk and an article laying this all out, now I know many will raise the alarm since he is a hebraic roots teacher but hes got a lot of this right as well as having things that don't quite add up also, no man is perfect. I will send you a link if you want to explore this further.

Mizz

Can you expound on why this agreement is important . . . and biblical?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Well - i for one would really like to see this topic "take off." I've read many on the different types, pre, post, mid, but never the basis of the tribulation itself.

C'mon people - talk! :24::whistling:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I myself do not subscribe to much of the end time perspectives out there and I am truly interested in understanding why others have accepted this teaching as sound.

I also don't look too deeply into the end times...I mean I am interested in "end times" but I haven't fully committed to a position on tribulation/rapture/wrath...etc.. :whistling:

My personal philosphy is this (I hope I don't confuse anyone :whistling: )

If the Lord wants to pull me out before any trib/wrath I will accept and be glad...if the Lord doesn't pull me out then I won't turn against Him for it. Its all His will, His plan, not mine.

Did that make sense? :cool:

I'm sorry if I sounded short....afterall 5'5" isn't short at all :24:

As I implied though, I do thourghly enjoy these type of topics, I just rarely participate :noidea: I too like the "trib" discussion possibilities...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Consequently it's a well known fact that the pot stirring stick is exactly 5'5". :noidea::whistling::whistling:

"PunchBuggy!"