• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/21/1984

I know what you are going through-- it's been an ongoing issue of mine. Sometimes, I have my good days where I almost feel like a human being and then others, I feel like a fish in a bowl- the world is beyond me and everyone makes living seem so effortless and being happy is just so easy.

When I have my bad days- which more often than not, stretch out into weeks at a time- that tends to be the time when I reach for the bible. It's something I've trained myself to do, where if I start feeling that grey veil fall over me and need some vibrancy- I look to the Word. And I pray. Oh boy, I pray!

Sometimes, it's hard to feel connected. I get where the frustration is coming from. But when you feel like God isn't there, just start praying. I find when I get like I can't feel Him with me, I pray. I start running through my head all the beautiful blessings in my life, even ones that you think are silly; like how awesome bacon smells while it mingles with the aroma of coffee! YUM! I've thanked God for maple bacon. Yep. Or how great my tea tree shampoo feels as it tingles me scalp. Start working on the little things that are small blessings in your life, and work up!

I hope this helps, but for extra measure I'm gonna pray for you :) God bless you!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/24/1993

The days go up and down.... something I never thought would ever happen to me. Something I thought wasn't supposed to be able to happen to a Christian...

I was diagnosed with moderate-severe depression and this is one of those days where it seems there is no point in trying... it's like I can't get anywhere spiritually.... I *am* on medication already....I'm just so frustrated today..... I want to crawl back in my bed for the next week and not come out.... but how I long for someone to be there, to put their arms around me and tell me it will be okay...

I redefine the word hope everyday

trying to define it would be meaningless because its within you for what that hope is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Depression is something we all deal with sooner or later. Loosing a husband three years ago left me in a tail spin. I miss him everyday and ask myself if someday I will have a good day without tears.

I have learned to take it one step at a time because one day at a time is to hard.

A broken heart is a hard thing to heal, we have to first give all the pieces to God and that in itself is tough.

You have a lot of people who you can share here with. Don't ever feel alone.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I really dont have any advice for depression, but I have wondered the same things that you mentioned before,like Christians should not have depression. But through the Bible depression was the mind set of so many, but just for a season. So when depression seems to reoccur as it always seems to, it sends me wondering again. I know very well that painful and scary place and I've seen the beauty of his light that shows me the way out. I just tell myself I'm not in heaven yet. Different things are suffered by different people but all will suffer this world..I have a home to go to and no matter how bad things feel my arrangements can never change. I'll get there....

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

The days go up and down.... something I never thought would ever happen to me. Something I thought wasn't supposed to be able to happen to a Christian...

I was diagnosed with moderate-severe depression and this is one of those days where it seems there is no point in trying... it's like I can't get anywhere spiritually.... I *am* on medication already....I'm just so frustrated today..... I want to crawl back in my bed for the next week and not come out.... but how I long for someone to be there, to put their arms around me and tell me it will be okay...

Kittylover, I have been depressed with major depression for over 30 years, off and on. The last episode was terrible, I felt I could do nothing and I have been taking my meds. I called a prayer line from a christian tv program and cried to a perfect stranger and requested prayer. She prayed for me and asked God to create more serotonin in my brain. And about a day and 1/2 later I was well! So praise God. What he will do for one, he will do for another.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1953

It's odd how sometimes we Christians expect not to have mental and emotional issues, yet we fully expect other health problems, family problems, accidents, financial disaster, etc. I have felt guilty that my faith must be weak if I'm depressed. But it's not true.

The brain is NOT the spirit, it is an organ and can function incorrectly. A doctor explained to me that low serotonin (the usual cause of depression) can become a self-perpetuating condition, for chemical reasons. So medical treatment is required, thank God that today doctors can help with many conditions that just a few years ago could not really be treated.

I take St. Johns Wort, an over-the-counter herb, and it seems to help me get depressed less often and less deeply.

Praying.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello, Just wanted to say I can identify with your struggle with depression. I think of it sometimes as "living under the shoe"... as in a giant shoe is hovering overhead casting a shadow of gloom and doom over me. With all that is happening in the world today the shadow is more menacing than ever before.

I struggle with the purpose for my life. It seems as though I have made some very poor decisions, some of which seemed like the right thing to do at the time. What helps me get through the day, the hour and sometimes even the minute is focusing that for right now this second, I have everything I need.

I wish you peace and pray that God Blesses you with relief and renews your faith.