Marilyn777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

"Bye" and "Later", is all you 2 could come up with to eric's closing comment? That's a disgrace, IMO. And, very sad.

After seeing how others were treated by him, it was hard to come up with kind words to say "goodbye".

Super Jew,

We all know, love, and respect Eric very much. You came here LESS THAN A MONTH AGO (7-28-04) and, sure, you've accumulated some posts, but what gives you the right to disrespect Eric? You were downright to Shadow2B in the Jan Crouch thread. This, I don't believe, came from the book about winning friends! Constructive critisicism is one thing but to flippantly tell someone "bye" is ludicrous. In the words of the old Roy Orbison song-if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

It never ends.

Ronald, you're falling into the trap of being in the clique.

On Shadow's post, the moderators have already been contacted. I was no mean to shadow or rude to him. He called me a Satanist, and I'd like to think i handled my self decently enough under those circumstances :)

Now, onto what you said. It stuck out to me.

You came here LESS THAN A MONTH AGO (7-28-04) and, sure, you've accumulated some posts, but what gives you the right to disrespect Eric?....Constructive critisicism is one thing but to flippantly tell someone "bye" is ludicrous. In the words of the old Roy Orbison song-if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

My first question/observation is, what exactly within your post was nice or constructive? If you're going to throw around the addage, please Ronald, follow it.

Secondly, what does my tenure, or lack thereof, have to do with telling a brother in the Lord they are wrong in what they are doing? Last time I check the Bible said nothing about tenure. It says we are to keep each other accountable. It does not say, "You must be a member at Worthy board for at least six months before keeping someone accountable". Biblically Ronald, you're off.

Eric's comments made a 15 year old girl cry. She was nice to him and polite and he cut her down. I don't care if this was my first day, I'd call him out on that. If you think tenure has anything to do with the correctness in that, then biblically, you're off the mark.

I would also like to add, I admitted my fault in this matter. Eric, however, hasn't. When are you going to get onto him?

Truce!!! I think we're all testy lately and that's got Satan rejoicing. I'm stressed out with my situation at work and I guess I'm too tense. My apologies and, yes, I think Eric was inappropriate as well and it would be wonderful to see him apologize.

Whew...I knew a true Hank Williams fan would come through ;)

I understand completely. No hard feelings at all. I hope I didn't offend you. If I did I apologize ;)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow2b

-Eric I think you should simmer down. There are ways to argue a point,

- YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER---NOW STOP IT!

-Its when people get hotheaded, start making accusations that gets a really good topic pulled when instead we could discuss it objectively,

-Soooooo--your TOPICS are the MAIN-THRUST of this board??-& NOT getting them "PULLED" is the Ultimate goal??YES??- ;) hmmmmm??-INTERESTING I-DEE-- ;):)

-WeLLLLLLLL, THEN I WON'T SAY ENNYTHING THAT MIGHT GET YO-**THREAD PULLED**-- :x: -soo-this is fo yo-eddy-fyi-kay-shunpie.jpgrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

-1st.Timothy.5.vss.-1-2-3------

-Rebuke not an elder,but intreat him as a father;and the younger men as-brethren

-The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity. 

-Honour widows that are widows indeed.

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Anti-Pie shields $59.95

Supplies running out... Get em whilst they last!!!

pieshield.gif

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

It never ceases to amaze me on this board how one simple question can generate so much animosity and so quickly. The question was "Does God 'USE' pain"---not does God 'INFLICT' pain! These are two very different questions. The question 'Does God use pain is a very personal question.' Meant to generate dialogue concerning your own personal experiences. How it turned into World War Three is beyond me.

Now we have people in tears, people who are angry, people with hurt feelings who have decided to leave Worthy or threatening to leave. How can something deteriorate into a war of words just blows my mind. When I posted the question and answered it from my personal experience was just that my personal experience. There is no right or wrong answer to this question its just a question!

Alot of hurtful things were said here on both sides that should never have been said. If you disagree with someones answer please do not attack their opinion, its not fair, not right, and its not done in Christian love. Because of some of the decisions now to leave Worthy you have fallen into the enemies trap, he comes to cause division, strife, anger, and bad feelings especially among Christians. He just got alot of points today because of all this anger and bitterness.

Tess you need to come back because you have alot to offer, you have wisdom beyond your years, your concept of Scripture is amazing. Please don't give into the enemy by walking away. I understand your hurt feelings, really I do, I have been hurt on this forum too, by people I really trusted and grown to love.

And I did leave for a bit, the internet is a big place and I thought that by leaving I was going to show them a thing or two. But you know I was the one missing out, this board really is anointed by the Holy Spirit, sure there are a few thorns here and there that aggravate the heck out of me sometimes. But on the whole the people here really love the Lord and really do love each other.

I felt really out of place when I first came here too Tess, wondering if I would be accepted if anyone would respond to my posts, but they did Tess, the welcome mat was out and the love of Christ shone through. Please Tess give it another chance here, I for one would miss you terribly, so would Carol, Super Jew, Trinity you have alot of friends here Tess, we can be a support system for you and you for us. Don't hide all that wonderful Scripture knowledge and Christ's love from us you have alot to give.

And Eric you have many, many friends here too, people that love and respect you for the knowledge you have gained over the years, for your advice, and for your deep love of the Lord. No one needs to leave this place do not let Satan get a foot hold in your walk with God because of some disagreements its not worth it. We all have a right to our opinions on this topic and any other that is on here, as long as we all agree on the fundamentals of Salvation everything else is open to interpretation.

And if you don't agree with someones opinion all you have to do is say why you don't agree, your reasons why, and please say it with respect to others feelings. I don't know why we have to make this so difficult.

Not one of us here on this board has a monopoly on pain and suffering, or on things we can teach each other, we need to realize this and respect the boundaries of speaking to each other in Christ's love. I hope you will all reconsider your decisions and not make any of them in anger or bitterness. This was just a simple question people not to divide but to just get some dialogue going about your experiences, nothing more nothing less. Do not let division rule your hearts ask God for His guidence.

In His Love Marilyn

Guest shadow2b
-p.s. That was the perfect Scripture Tess and it was NOT taken out of context as Eric suggests. 

-pie.jpgwomandancing.gifheyyoupie.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif---

-1st.Timothy.5.vss.1-2-3-------

-Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father;and the younger men as

-brethren;The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity. 

-Honour widows that are widows indeed.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Anti-Pie shields $59.95

pieshield.gif

You need an anti-Liberace shield!!!

liberace.jpg

Guest kitkat
Why don't we all take the advice or should I say command of Jesus and turn the other cheek. :hug:

I have an idea. Why don't we do like this baby and just turn both cheeks at the same time???? :)

turningbothcheeks.gif

In Christ and posted all in good natured fun trying to liven things up,

Kat

;)

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Anti-Pie shields $59.95

pieshield.gif

liberace.jpg

:x:

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Anti-Pie shields $59.95

pieshield.gif

liberace.jpg

That is the ultimate!!! I'll have to get the engineers at MIT right on it...LOL

I remember when you got me with that...LOL I didn't know what to think...LOL...:)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Anti-Pie shields $59.95

pieshield.gif

liberace.jpg

:x:

Just for Super-Jew, punishment possibly worse than Liberace!

captain-kangaroo.jpgvanimpe.jpg