• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I ask forgiveness to you my family but this is a question to adjust if necessary my understanding of this posting we do!

We start by topic 1st poster and this becomes subject of post?

then comments toward subject follow down?

then comments on comment follow down in their line under proper clarification as to original subject matter?

example:

Jesus died for me Posted......

then along same line comment as to subject above....

Now comment to above comment as to clarifying what was said or comment on their comment is under this statement or indented to not show as to original subject but to above comment only ....

then comment to original subject continues not indented at all....

I use linear mode which keeps this in form for me (simple and no so sharp is my excuse :wub: )

is the proper understanding of posting? The reason I ask is sometimes people post comments to my comment under original subject comments and it does not appear so unless it is directly read! Which seems to be ignored by me which is never intentioned! This is probably clear as mud! :wub: Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, Steven, I'm trying to figure out if you're a lawyer or an engineer. :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

:wub:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I ask forgiveness to you my family but this is a question to adjust if necessary my understanding of this posting we do!

then comments on comment follow down in their line under proper clarification as to original subject matter?

example:

Now comment to above comment as to clarifying what was said or comment on their comment is under this statement or indented to not show as to original subject but to above comment only ....

I use linear mode which keeps this in form for me (simple and no so sharp is my excuse :wub: )

is the proper understanding of posting? The reason I ask is sometimes people post comments to my comment under original subject comments and it does not appear so unless it is directly read! Which seems to be ignored by me which is never intentioned! This is probably clear as mud! :wub: Steven

Don't know if I'm following, but here goes:

The OP (original poster, or post, depending) sets the topic for the thread. Each poster afterwards will respond to the OP or, in tons of cases, respond to a particular individual also posting in the thread. There are no set rules, except that the OP might suggest to everyone to stay on the same subject. People do tend to wander off track.

It's many times reasonable to reread the OP before posting, to be sure the integrity of the thread is maintained. However, sometimes it's hard to be narrowly focused because some topics have so many subtopics that can shoot off from the main branch. Sometimes the OP allows this and the thread takes different turns and angles.

Did I help in any way?

example:

is the proper understanding of posting? The reason I ask is sometimes people post comments to my comment under original subject comments and it does not appear so unless it is directly read! Which seems to be ignored by me which is never intentioned! This is probably clear as mud! :) Steven

Probably. :wub:

Momma always says stupid is as stupid does! :) where's did my box of chocolates go? :wub:

example:

Don't know if I'm following, but here goes:

The OP (original poster, or post, depending) sets the topic for the thread. Each poster afterwards will respond to the OP or, in tons of cases, respond to a particular individual also posting in the thread. There are no set rules, except that the OP might suggest to everyone to stay on the same subject. People do tend to wander off track.

It's many times reasonable to reread the OP before posting, to be sure the integrity of the thread is maintained. However, sometimes it's hard to be narrowly focused because some topics have so many subtopics that can shoot off from the main branch. Sometimes the OP allows this and the thread takes different turns and angles.

Did I help in any way?

Yes! thank you!

example:

is the proper understanding of posting? The reason I ask is sometimes people post comments to my comment under original subject comments and it does not appear so unless it is directly read! Which seems to be ignored by me which is never intentioned! This is probably clear as mud! :) Steven

Probably. :wub:

:P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, Steven, I'm trying to figure out if you're a lawyer or an engineer. :blink:

Momma always says stupid is as stupid does! :taped: where's did my box of chocolates go? :laugh:

Awwww Stevie! Wasn't saying you were stupid. Just saying your brain works differently than most! :rolleyes:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Ok, Steven, I'm trying to figure out if you're a lawyer or an engineer. :blink:

Momma always says stupid is as stupid does! :taped: where's did my box of chocolates go? :laugh:

Okay, let's not knock Forrest Gump. I named my Chihuahua after him...... :rolleyes: And he's a very smart doggie!