Gideons300

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Brackish- even the word conjures up yucky images. What is it? It is the waters where a river of fresh water empties into salt water and the result is water that is neither fresh nor salty. It has become brackish.

Is this not what the modern day church has evolved into? A brackish form of Christianity? Part grace, part law. Part faith, part working for wages, as if God owes us when we walk in the way we feel we ought. Part living for the next world, yet at the same time, seeking for the security and pleasures this world has to offer. No wonder God told the Laodecians that if they continued in their deception and blindness, He would be forced to spew them out of His mouth.

In real life, here is the problem. Fresh water fish do not thrive in brackish waters. Neither do salt water fish. It becomes like salt that has lost its savor...good for nothing but to be cast underfoot.

Jesus told us some amazing truths in Matthew 12:

"Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit."

James remembered this lesson well when he taught in James:

"Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water? Can a fig tree, my brethren, produce olives, or a vine produce figs? Nor can salt water produce fresh.

Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic."

James 3:11-15

I posted a post on unity versus union and stated in it that until we come into union with God, we cannot walk in unity with one another. Yet how hard it is for most of us to believe that, to accept that we have not the power to live holy, loving lives without learning to abide in weakness in the God of all strength.

If we would but step back and look at how we interact as His body, and admit what we do not want to admit, that by and large, we do not love our neighbor as ourselves. We bite at our brothers, rather than take to lowest spot in humility and so honor Christ. We have strife, divisions, seditions and heresies and yet do we blsuh for this? No, it is business as usual.

Brothers, we have a brackish Christianity, a form with no power, a slight healing only, enough to get us out of Egypt but not enough to get us into the Promised land of rest from our own efforts. Are we free as Christ promised He would make us? If not, why not? Have we experienced being "saved to the uttermost"? Brackish Christianity will not get us there.

Here is what I feel is on the horizon. You may judge for yourself.

God loves us far too much to let us continue on in this lukewarm, compromising, world loving, brother-against-brother Christianity. He is about to shake everything that can be shaken, so that one thing remains- those things that are of HIM. We as His children can do the thing that pleases our God, acknowledge our brackishness, our divided hearts, our lack of love for any like we love ourselves, including God Himself,or God can bring us to our knees involuntarily. He simply loves us too much to not do so if it is found needed.

Some may say a God of love would not do such a thing to His own children. I would answer that God has done this exact thing with His people Israel an innumerable number of times, who like us had wandering hearts, compromising with the world,with their hearts not cold, not hot but simply lukewarm.....brackish.

I pray we examine whether or not we truly be in the faith, or whether or not we are simply walking out a form, devoid of a faith in our God as a God who has any ability at all to work in our lives other than to bless us with forgiveness.

Oh, our modern Christianity uses the right words. But it changes not who we truly are on the inside. Heck, even the outside of our cups are not clean, let alone our insides. Fleshly Christians. Captive saints. Compromised believers.

When will we finally "make our tree good"? We best learn quickly as to how such a miracle is brouight about in our lives, for the distant rumble of coming shakings reverberate on the horizon, and frankly, many are not ready to endure to the end, so severe will the shakings be.

The world as we know it today will seem like a dream from another time in a few short years. All is fixing to be altered and it is inevitable. We can continue to hide our heads in the sand and prentend all is well with our souls when in truth we are empty and defeated, or we can finally be honest with ourselves and admit to the low state to which we have arrived.

The only question remaining for us whether or not we will be found serving only Him. Multitudes are on the fence right now. It is where brackish Christianity camps. But on that day, the fence will be empty, and all will be on one side or the other. We have entered the valley of decision, where we decide with heart wrenching self examination whether or not we will voluntarily lose our lives to gain His. Do we hate our old man? Do we see it as vile, or as simply "being human", which we reason among oursleves is not even a sin, is it??

Make no mistake, Those who try to save their life will lose it. Those who voluntarily lay all on the later of God to be consumed by His love and purpose will find the life that has so far eluded them. Yes, there is a great falling away coming. But there is also a grand awakening of many of the virgins of Christ and the church, long dormant and divided, is about to put on strength. Amen.

Blessings, Bruce

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Brackish- even the word conjures up yucky images. What is it? It is the waters where a river of fresh water empties into salt water and the result is water that is neither fresh nor salty. It has become brackish.

Is this not what the modern day church has evolved into? A brackish form of Christianity? Part grace, part law. Part faith, part working for wages, as if God owes us when we walk in the way we feel we ought. Part living for the next world, yet at the same time, seeking for the security and pleasures this world has to offer. No wonder God told the Laodecians that if they continued in their deception and blindness, He would be forced to spew them out of His mouth.

In real life, here is the problem. Fresh water fish do not thrive in brackish waters. Neither do salt water fish. It becomes like salt that has lost its savor...good for nothing but to be cast underfoot.

Jesus told us some amazing truths in Matthew 12:

"Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit."

James remembered this lesson well when he taught in James:

"Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water? Can a fig tree, my brethren, produce olives, or a vine produce figs? Nor can salt water produce fresh.

Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic."

James 3:11-15

I posted a post on unity versus union and stated in it that until we come into union with God, we cannot walk in unity with one another. Yet how hard it is for most of us to believe that, to accept that we have not the power to live holy, loving lives without learning to abide in weakness in the God of all strength.

If we would but step back and look at how we interact as His body, and admit what we do not want to admit, that by and large, we do not love our neighbor as ourselves. We bite at our brothers, rather than take to lowest spot in humility and so honor Christ. We have strife, divisions, seditions and heresies and yet do we blsuh for this? No, it is business as usual.

Brothers, we have a brackish Christianity, a form with no power, a slight healing only, enough to get us out of Egypt but not enough to get us into the Promised land of rest from our own efforts. Are we free as Christ promised He would make us? If not, why not? Have we experienced being "saved to the uttermost"? Brackish Christianity will not get us there.

Here is what I feel is on the horizon. You may judge for yourself.

God loves us far too much to let us continue on in this lukewarm, compromising, world loving, brother-against-brother Christianity. He is about to shake everything that can be shaken, so that one thing remains- those things that are of HIM. We as His children can do the thing that pleases our God, acknowledge our brackishness, our divided hearts, our lack of love for any like we love ourselves, including God Himself,or God can bring us to our knees involuntarily. He simply loves us too much to not do so if it is found needed.

Some may say a God of love would not do such a thing to His own children. I would answer that God has done this exact thing with His people Israel an innumerable number of times, who like us had wandering hearts, compromising with the world,with their hearts not cold, not hot but simply lukewarm.....brackish.

I pray we examine whether or not we truly be in the faith, or whether or not we are simply walking out a form, devoid of a faith in our God as a God who has any ability at all to work in our lives other than to bless us with forgiveness.

Oh, our modern Christianity uses the right words. But it changes not who we truly are on the inside. Heck, even the outside of our cups are not clean, let alone our insides. Fleshly Christians. Captive saints. Compromised believers.

When will we finally "make our tree good"? We best learn quickly as to how such a miracle is brouight about in our lives, for the distant rumble of coming shakings reverberate on the horizon, and frankly, many are not ready to endure to the end, so severe will the shakings be.

The world as we know it today will seem like a dream from another time in a few short years. All is fixing to be altered and it is inevitable. We can continue to hide our heads in the sand and prentend all is well with our souls when in truth we are empty and defeated, or we can finally be honest with ourselves and admit to the low state to which we have arrived.

The only question remaining for us whether or not we will be found serving only Him. Multitudes are on the fence right now. It is where brackish Christianity camps. But on that day, the fence will be empty, and all will be on one side or the other. We have entered the valley of decision, where we decide with heart wrenching self examination whether or not we will voluntarily lose our lives to gain His. Do we hate our old man? Do we see it as vile, or as simply "being human", which we reason among oursleves is not even a sin, is it??

Make no mistake, Those who try to save their life will lose it. Those who voluntarily lay all on the later of God to be consumed by His love and purpose will find the life that has so far eluded them. Yes, there is a great falling away coming. But there is also a grand awakening of many of the virgins of Christ and the church, long dormant and divided, is about to put on strength. Amen.

Blessings, Bruce

Coming? IT'S BEEN HERE FOR YEARS. Denomination after denomination is falling into false doctrine, perversion and apostasy on a grand scale. Humanism is replacing Christianity on the world scene and Christians expect to be removed from the scene while Gog walks all over us because they've been taught the wrong timeline. Christianity has been abdicating its responsibility to rule in the world by converting the nations and raising up Christian statesmen since about 1830. What we're seeing now is the RESULT of Christian apathy. We've failed to rule, so we're subjugated to our enemies. I am not surprised at all.

Just yesterday, I had to report (on a supposedly Christian dating site) this: "Christian lesbian seeking partner." When I reported the post, I wrote to the administration: There is no such thing as a Christian lesbian. How did such a post get past the admin IN THE FIRST PLACE? Simple: apostasy. When Believers don't KNOW any better because they've been taught 'love everything', 'love everyone'. 'confront nothing' and 'judge not, lest you be judged'. what do you expect?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I'm not sure I would agree that there is no such thing as a Christian lesbian. Just not sure. She is surely sadly deceived.

When Believers don't KNOW any better because they've been taught 'love everything', 'love everyone'. 'confront nothing' and 'judge not, lest you be judged'. what do you expect?

"Love everyone" is an important commandment so I don't think that should be minimized in any way, shape or form. Same goes for "Judge not lest you be judged". These are the words of Jesus. We can't ignore them, we can't minimize them or make them sound like some kind of nice sounding fluff that we can brush off. We need to obey these words.

That said, yes, some carry it further with "love everything and confront nothing" which are not biblical. Although I don't like the word confront, I believe we do need to stand up to truth, but do it in a kind and gentle manner, and with respect. Love the sinner hate the sin comes to mind.

I'm not sure I would agree that there is no such thing as a Christian lesbian. Just not sure. She is surely sadly deceived.

When Believers don't KNOW any better because they've been taught 'love everything', 'love everyone'. 'confront nothing' and 'judge not, lest you be judged'. what do you expect?

"Love everyone" is an important commandment so I don't think that should be minimized in any way, shape or form. Same goes for "Judge not lest you be judged". These are the words of Jesus. We can't ignore them, we can't minimize them or make them sound like some kind of nice sounding fluff that we can brush off. We need to obey these words.

That said, yes, some carry it further with "love everything and confront nothing" which are not biblical. Although I don't like the word confront, I believe we do need to stand up to truth, but do it in a kind and gentle manner, and with respect. Love the sinner hate the sin comes to mind.

Is it love to permit someone who claims to be a Believer to engage in conduct which God says is ABOMINABLE? Methinks not.

Judge not doesn't mean allow everything. By the common interpretation, we'd never say anything about evil because that's passing judgment.

The command to love everyone is not a call to blind tolerance of their wickedness.

There is no such thing as a Christian lesbian. Trust me. If one is practicing that lifestyle on a regular basis, they are not a Christian. I'm not talking about stumbling now and then, I'm talking about living and reveling in it and advocating it to others as being a valid lifestyle.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Is it love to permit someone who claims to be a Believer to engage in conduct which God says is ABOMINABLE? Methinks not.

I don't think anyone is asking for your permission. We are to speak the truth in LOVE to them. I am not saying we are supposed to be silent to other Christians, but most certainly we are to love.

Judge not doesn't mean allow everything.

We don't have the power to allow or disallow. Everyone has free will. Again, we can speak the truth in love.

By the common interpretation, we'd never say anything about evil because that's passing judgment.

I think we just need to exercise wisdom when we do speak of such things and not dismiss love as if it's some kind of feel-good silliness, because it is a commandment.

The command to love everyone is not a call to blind tolerance of their wickedness.

I agree.

There is no such thing as a Christian lesbian. Trust me. If one is practicing that lifestyle on a regular basis, they are not a Christian. I'm not talking about stumbling now and then, I'm talking about living and reveling in it and advocating it to others as being a valid lifestyle.

I tend to agree but can never be sure. I don't feel it's my place to say so I don't want to say for certain.

The only problem I had with what you said is that you lumped all of this together

'love everything', 'love everyone'. 'confront nothing' and 'judge not, lest you be judged'. what do you expect?
when one of these, love everyone, is a commandment and another, judge not, a fair warning.

I don't think anyone is asking for your permission. We are to speak the truth in LOVE to them. I am not saying we are supposed to be silent to other Christians, but most certainly we are to love.

Judge not doesn't mean allow everything.

We don't have the power to allow or disallow. Everyone has free will. Again, we can speak the truth in love.

By the common interpretation, we'd never say anything about evil because that's passing judgment.

I think we just need to exercise wisdom when we do speak of such things and not dismiss love as if it's some kind of feel-good silliness, because it is a commandment.

I agree.

I tend to agree but can never be sure. I don't feel it's my place to say so I don't want to say for certain.

The only problem I had with what you said is that you lumped all of this together

'love everything', 'love everyone'. 'confront nothing' and 'judge not, lest you be judged'. what do you expect?
when one of these, love everyone, is a commandment and another, judge not, a fair warning.

Believers are salt and light. When we see gross wickedness and say nothing, we cause decay. It has become fashionable these days to allow for everything under the sun. What kind of watchmen are we as Believers if we see our neighbor's house afire and say nothing? This is the effect of brackish. stagnant water. It breeds disease.

1Ti 5:20 Those who continue in sin, rebuke in the presence of all, so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning.

I'm not a big fan of Roman Catholicism, but they have the practice of excommunication and I think that churches in general would be well advised to practice this when it's obvious that someone is living a lifestyle, whatever it might be, that reflects poorly upon Christ and Christianity.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Believers are salt and light. When we see gross wickedness and say nothing, we cause decay. It has become fashionable these days to allow for everything under the sun. What kind of watchmen are we as Believers if we see our neighbor's house afire and say nothing? This is the effect of brackish. stagnant water. It breeds disease.

I could not agree more.

We are called to be "the salt", and "the light" in this current age.

As "the light" we should reflect the glorious attributes of our confessed Saviour.

BUT, as salt we are to preserve, purify, and produce flavor for this world.

Salt is a preservative, it allows things to endure beyond its natural capacity... We are failing at this job!

Salt is a curative; it will destroy many bloodborn bacteria upon contact... The trouble is we as salt to not go to the people who need the cure.

Salt adds flavor to otherwise tasteless things... I believe our Father expects us to impact the "flavor" of this world. Even a little salt in a large pot, the taste of the salt is always distinct and dominant, and the more salt, the greater the distinction. We have given up our impact on the world, thru apathy and self reliance.

God forgive us our failures.

Edited by HitmanR2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Amen!.....(salt also makes a person thirsty).

Great! Yes!

A desire for the living water!

Thanks!