IGNORED

Christians believing in Evolution?

RigMedic

The Bible is correct. The cycle of percession is ~26,000 years and on 21 DEC 2012 is the end of this one.

What happens on that day?

A day is as a year and a year as a day. This is necessary for interputation.

How did you come up with that?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Seriously. I believe God actively created the univers and all contained within. What I have always wondered is why many Christians find fault with God using the mechanism of the Big Bang to begin the process.

Sure, IF God created it all, he can use whatever he wanted...I jokingly equated the BIG BANG to the power of Gods spoken words. I have no proof that it happened that way, but it is entirely possible. ;)

• Content Count:  122

Good Hitman

Thanks Samuel, right back at cha'. :thumbsup:

Just by looking at these verses how can a Christian believe in evolution and the Bible?

You're making a common mistake: you're muddling the terms together. There is Biological Evolution and there is Evolutionary Origin Theory.

Biological evolution exists and is easily proven. All living things evolve from Humans to Viruses. That's a scientific fact.

Dear One, In Place Of The Truth You Are Being Fed Philosophical Double Speak

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

All Living Things Show Variance Within Species And That's An Observable Fact

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:12

And, There Is No Scientific Observations, Measurements Or Experiments Showing Biologic Evolution From Viruses To Humans

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

Or From Any Species To Any Species (By Any Other Name, A Finch Is Still A Finch)

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. Genesis 1:24

Nor Will There Ever Be

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

Trust God

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Numbers 23:19

Him

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

• Content Count:  90

Hi Mirage, I have a question for you:

Evolution is simply the process of biological change.

When you say biological change, is that the same as: forced change?

• Content Count:  90

Mirage:

I'm not sure what you mean by "forced change". Biological evolution is a very lengthy process of adapatation to the environment of the organism, and in some cases to behavior factors of the organism.

I added the bold to your post as an example of forced change.

Also according to science any process of formation or growth; gradual devolpment like: The flower from a bud is evolution; or modern automobiles from the steaam carriage, not a monkey to a man.

Edited to say: Your example looks more like biorhythms, not evolution.

Edited by hayahtowb

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Hi Mirage, I have a question for you:

Mirage: "Evolution is simply the process of biological change."

When you say biological change, is that the same as: forced change?

I'm not sure what you mean by "forced change". Biological evolution is a very lengthy process of adapatation to the environment of the organism, and in some cases to behavior factors of the organism.

:24:There's mutations and genetic defects which may be also applied by the second law of thero-dynamics. Other factors are such things as cosmetic rays. It is clear that as time passes one much be further removed from his mother and relations else there's a greater chance of birth defects..

Forced is such as breading animals. Such as the Dobberman as it took ~8 yrs from 5 dogs to produce a pure breed.

So if time lasted long enough; mentality would degradate furhter than what it has come to now

Cosmetic rays? Breading animals? (Only if they're ready for frying, my friend!) Samuel, the above is totally incomprehensible. What do you mean?:noidea: Are you playing jokes on us?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Samuel, will you PLEASE use the 'quote' function? You've run Lurker's posts and yours together to the point that it's just a big mess and totally unreadable.

3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

>>>>>()<<<<<

Dude. Seriously, "quote tags". . .google it or something.... Yes, I use this thing called "correct grammar" in addition to "proper sentence structure" along with a smattering of "correct spelling". It's so amazing that you'd wonder why they didn't teach this stuff in school. . .oh wait.....

Dude, Seriously, Grow Up And Get Over Your Own Bad Self

If You Can't Understand Your Elders Then Get A 10th Grade Neighborhood Kid To C a r e f u l l y Explain Their Words To You

Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; 1 Timothy 5:1

Lurker You Claim You Are A Christian Yet You Treat Bible Believers With Utter Disrespect And Contempt

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34-35

>>>>>()<<<<<

.....I'm very much interested in how you're going to justify claiming that someone can pray to accept Christ as their savior, believe that all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, believe that Christ came to earth to die for their sins and still not be "saved" just because they don't agree with your interpretation of Genesis. Good luck with that....

Well Dear One You Have Replaced The Holy Word Of God With The Foolish Words Of Darwin And Other Athesis

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, Romans 1:16-22

And Proudly Proclam As Truth The Words Of Mockling Little Men In Lab Coats And In Lecture Rooms

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 2 Peter 3:3-6

While Continuing To Deny The LORD Jesus Christ His Lordship

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

And The Truth Of The Holy Bible

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 24:35

And The Power

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

Of God

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Yet

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 2 Timothy 2:10-13

You Are My Brother And So I Rejoice

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Ephesians 5:19

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

We don't allow links to evolutionary theory on Worthy. :thumbsup:

Please also avoid with the snide personal remarks it's against the terms of service.

peace,

dave