• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Read my first post again . . .

So you are telling me the reason you know you are a sheep and wheat as opposed to a goat or tare is because you fit into all the characteristics the Bible gives that show you are a true believer? :thumbsup:

I am telling you that I believe the scriptures I submitted. I believe God is faithful to His word and will do all it says He will do.

What do you think of Paul's word's here?

Ac 23:1 And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren,
I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day

Ac 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always
a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are telling me the reason you know you are a sheep and wheat as opposed to a goat or tare is because you fit into all the characteristics the Bible gives that show you are a true believer? :thumbsup:

I am telling you that I believe the scriptures I submitted. I believe God is faithful to His word and will do all it says He will do.

He is saying that he has done his best to live a rightous life before God and men.

Me too . . .

Butero Let's take a look at the scriptures you gave and see what they are actually saying?

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

This is obviously something he is saying about himself and true believers.

1Jo 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

This is a sign of being a true believer, that we love the brethren.

1Jo 3:19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Verses 15 through 18 describe what it means to love the brethren. If we have that kind of love, we know we are in the truth and shall assure our hearts before him.

1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

If you keep his commandments, you know he abideth in you.

1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

This is another sign you are of God, because you confess Jesus is come in the flesh. v 2

1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Yet more ways to tell you are a true believer, having love for one another.

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

If we love God and keep his commandments, this is a sign we are saved.

1Jo 5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

If you have faith to believe God will answer your prayers, he will.

1Jo 5:18 `We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1Jo 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

If we are born of God, we don't sin, and the wicked one can't touch us.

1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Those who have the characteristics mentioned we are in him that is true.

Notice that everything mentioned is conditional. Do you feel like you have all of these characteristics to the point there is no doubt you are saved and eternally secure?

I do not subscribe to OSAS or Calvinism. I live only in the present, I am not alive in the past and have yet to live the future. Now is my security with God. He has delivered me, and is still working in my life delivering me from things contrary to holiness, and having experience His faithfulness in my life; I am confident He will continue to deliver me and complete that which He has begun.

Nonetheless, like Paul, I keep myself under subjection to His words . . . trusting in my atonement, the quickening power of His spirit and Word.

He is saying that he has done his best to live a rightous life before God and men.

Me too . . .

That is all we can do.

Yes it is . . . that is why I try and prove all things, so I can hold to that which is good.

Paul knew, John knew . . . I know.

If we couldn't know . . . then where is the "good news?"

1Jo 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

No Question About It

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:11-13

It's His Name

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Hallelujah!

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

What does it mean to have one's name blotted out of the book of life?

Revelation 20

15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Ok, but how does this explain what the Book of Life is and what it means that names are blotted out?

I suppose it defines the Book as a book of the living. If ones name is found in that book, they will never suffer death. If ones name is blotted out from it's pages, that individual is basically banned from ever entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Eternal death in the Lake of Fire.

That person blotted out was never a Christian to start with.

If this person was never a Christian in the first place, how did that person get its name in the book to start with?

e

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Revelation 20

15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Ok, but how does this explain what the Book of Life is and what it means that names are blotted out?

I suppose it defines the Book as a book of the living. If ones name is found in that book, they will never suffer death. If ones name is blotted out from it's pages, that individual is basically banned from ever entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Eternal death in the Lake of Fire.

That's true.

What is your view of this passage? Apparently they weren't christians either, but deep down in their hearts they thought they were. Do you think they believed their names would never be blotted out of The Book of Life?

Matthew 7

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Revelation 20

If this person was never a Christian in the first place, how did that person get its name in the book to start with?

e

:thumbsup: exactly.