• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RJD Servant
Set your mind on the things above.

One of the biggest challenges facing Christians today is the focus and involvement in the things on the earth.  Many things seek to occupy a believer

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/26/1968

:emot-lwt: WOW! Did I ever need this!!!! I've been soooooo struggling with balance! Actually, my husband and I both. Seems like we woke up one day and asked ourselves.....when did life get so hectic? I don't remember it always being like this? It just seems to get worse.......everywhere.

It's hard to know where the line needs drawn. Alot of "work for God" or for your church or a lot of small groups or meetings turn into hassle....then you balance that with regular jobs, kids, their schedules, sports schedules for kids, homework................. jeesh. I know seek first the kingdom of God........ it just seems like those areas get gray with areas of church. Does this make any sense at all? Does anyone get what I'm trying to say? Church, our relationship with Christ, fellowship........it all gets mingled together......and it gets hard to see where one starts and the other stops. Make sense?

:taped: In Christ,

Lorie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Makes perfect sense.

My husband is a pastor and it is easy to get caught up in "church work" to the point that you are doing it for the "church" rather than for the Lord.

In most instances cutting back on the activities is not and option. What I have to do, rather, is refocus. Why am I doing this? Who am I out to please? What are my goals in all this "busy-ness?" When I put my focus on Christ in all I do, not only does it change the way I do some things, it also gives me more joy in the work.

:emot-lwt:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

:emot-highfive: Wow!!

I absolutely love that scripture :thumbsup:

Its' one of the many that my Pastor would quote to the congregation at the end of each service. To see its' infilltrating effect into so many broad areas, is like seeing light shining into the darkness. Of course darkness can represent many different things, such as ignorance, sin, bondages. So at the end of the day, it is up to the spirit of the Lord to reveal what's in our hearts. Seeing how so many things can distract us, I guess that it would be fair to say that having a personal relationship with the Lord is really important. I mean, who better to show us the difference between a good deed or being side tracked into some good cause that seams right, but is actually taking one away from what the Lord wants? God in his wisdom gave us his word to show us how to prioritise, to be good stewards and to have discernment on right and wrong. If we give everything to God in prayer, I believe that he will make the way straight, for as he promises: the steps of a good man are ordered by him. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Guest James Joseph Papp

i am looking for a christian chat i beleive that we should set our minds on things above I want to discuss and learn and hear from other christians that is why i am here

I am a christian in need but i alway's defend my christianity....although i have some questions

a person that posed this question to me ...and I had no answer other than that we as christians live by faith ..here is the question posed to me ..please do not quote the bible that is obvious to a beleiver..my friend beleives in a creator...and is very intelegent he will not acept a simple answer ...and with good reason .........here is the question ...the ten commandments say thou shall not kill...but yet..the lord tested a biblical person to bring his son to be sacrificed....I had no answer other than to say ..only by faith will we ever understand this....and jesus hadn,t come yet..and the blood in the supernatural at that time was important........his reply to me was ........is god so insecure that he needs this kind of confidence.......my answer was no ...this was the time before christ and is history..so we could learn faith.........but I have to admitt he had a valid point........and i could not justify his question with a good answer............can you help me with this

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

First of all G-d knows all, this was a test of Abrahams faith. G-d promised descendants through Abrahams seed, and he finally got it when he was 80 something I think, he was old, but G-d told him he needed to sacrifice his son, and without questioning G-d at all, he went to do it, because he trusted completely in the L-rd. I think 99.9 percent of people faced with this decision would ask G-d why?? But Abraham was that .01 percent who didn't question at all, and he blessed Abraham Immensley(sp). And now all Israel tribes have their roots in with Abraham. Even gentile believers, when they accept Christ get accepted into the seed of Abraham. His decendants are uncountable. That's my take on it.

Aaron

Edited by aaronjm

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Attraction to women is wired deeper than anything else in a physical sense. And to not have a relationship for a lifetime is a killer. No matter how hard I try, I stumble eventually. Forgiveness- whew.