• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1993

I have in recent days been told of a band called MUTEMATH by a friend named Jon.

"They are like the best band ever!" He says.

"Are they Christian?" I ask.

"Yeh, of course! They are awesome!"

So, I go and look up a song or ten on Youtube. (What can I say, I want to know more than one or two songs!)

Found out, at least to me, that they ARE amazing.

But when I looked deeper, I found they fought hard to stay out of a christian label, saying they wanted to be respected as musicians, not for their faith.

They are all christian guys, but do not write christian music or claim Christianity in any of their music.

Sure, some of their songs have a spiritual undertone.

But sometimes that tone is so far under it is barely heard.

Is this right or wrong? To not speak out for Jesus when you know of His AWESOMENESS?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

We are instructed to spread the Gospel. We are not told that we have to do it in a specific manner. If they are young people, their faith may not be as strong as ours, or in fact they may be embarrassed by their faith. That is how the younger generations are made to feel by their peers, by the schools and by authorities.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Is this right or wrong? To not speak out for Jesus when you know of His AWESOMENESS?

Not all are born with an evangalism type drive. Just because these guys believe and love and live with Jesus doesn't mean it's thier responsibility to preach the gospel.

No, only those whom feel the call need respond, even Paul teaches not to get messed up in the ministry but to live a quite and uneventful life enjoying what Jesus paid for.

What did Jesus die for? For us, to enjoy the peace joy and rightouesness of the kingdom and share time with the Father...there is no need for judgement to discearn what we do with that.

Those who want to preach let them preach, those who want to heal let them heal, those who want to council let them council those who want to live let them live...for we all stand because of what He did and He is able to make us stand. It is the Father's job to raise His children, He doesn't leave it to us to raise His chinldren....He however leaves us to be able to build each other up.

Peace from God.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Long reply coming, but later when I have time!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I looked up their website. Read about them, and here are my thoughts.

If you simply do not try to preach Jesus, thats one thing. If you try to cover up your affiliation with him, well I'll let the word speak on this one.

Matthew 10:32

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I have in recent days been told of a band called MUTEMATH by a friend named Jon.

So, I go and look up a song or ten on Youtube. (What can I say, I want to know more than one or two songs!)

But when I looked deeper, I found they fought hard to stay out of a christian label, saying they wanted to be respected as musicians, not for their faith.

They are all christian guys, but do not write christian music or claim Christianity in any of their music.

I can't understand their reluctance.

Agree.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Agree.

They should follow the examples of Newsboys and DCtalk, and proudly proclaim Jesus.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I too have mixed feelings about this.

It's hard without knowing the guys where there hearts are at with regards to the Lord.

But thinking of other Christians with this attitude - U2, Brittany Spears, Jessica Simpson, Miley Cyrus . . . the track record is not so good. (If you haven't heard about Miley's latest video, it's really, really horrible - spiritually speaking.)

Father created music for His glory. We don't realize the impact music has on our souls and spirits. Music draws out the depths of our souls in a way words alone cannot.

I guess what I'm saying is the question isn't as much, "Is this wrong?" to do.

The question is, "Is this right?"

I'd like to ask these guys what Jesus means to them?

Anyway, if you want a comparison, read this blog about Dana Key who just passed away at the beginning of the week. And listen to the embedded song.

And no, not everyone is called to be an evangelist. But if one does not have a bridal love for Jesus, something isn't right.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Just because these guys believe and love and live with Jesus doesn't mean it's thier responsibility to preach the gospel.

Scripture?

No, only those whom feel the call need respond, even Paul teaches not to get messed up in the ministry but to live a quite and uneventful life enjoying what Jesus paid for.

Please post what you are referring to - the Scripture, that is.

What did Jesus die for? For us, to enjoy the peace joy and rightouesness of the kingdom and share time with the Father...there is no need for judgement to discearn what we do with that.

Jesus death is about us and not Him ?

Is Jesus your fairy godmother, or is He your Lord?

Those who want to preach let them preach, those who want to heal let them heal, those who want to council let them council those who want to live let them live...for we all stand because of what He did and He is able to make us stand. It is the Father's job to raise His children, He doesn't leave it to us to raise His chinldren....He however leaves us to be able to build each other up.

"Those who want to live let them live"? I don't see that listed in the gifts of the Spirit nor in the administrations.