IGNORED

Hey everyone! I really need an answer, fast!

Katie(:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

Totally understand what you mean, don't worry. I was sceptical myself before i knew God was right for me. And if you want to learn more, by no means is that bad. In fact, i encourage you to know more.

If the whole "on-line" thing is not enough because there is no social influence, then i encourage you to go to church. Listen to the pastor, and see if it is for you.

Ask all the questions you have in the questions section, there are people more qualified than me who can help you. :noidea:

Best,

Lilly

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I knew something didn't sound right about someone telling me that I could pray wrong. I think God will listen to you no matter what.

I know God will never turn me away, and I know that He would help me when I fail and falter, but something makes me scared and makes me feel liek I'm not ready to do the whole "giving everything" to God. I don't think I'm ready, and I'm being honest.

I, personally, think I need to learn more.....ready myself for it....do you get what I'm saying?

We are all still learning and we will be learning until the day when God calls us home. As Christians we are to strive to be more and more like Jesus each day, however we will never be like Jesus until we meet him in heaven, that is when the race will be won and we met our goal.

If we waited until we thought we were good enough to become a Christian, there wouldn't be many Christians in the world. Our best day is a filthy rag in God's eyes, but he loves us so much that he sent his son "Jesus" to wash away our sins. I encourage you to read a chapter out of the Bible each day, do this and before you know it key verses will be coming to your attention. These key verses are coming to you from God, to guide you on your journey through life as a Christian. There is no better high then that natural high you feel when you open up your heart to God and his love comes flooding in.

Welcome to Worthy Katie, I hope we can help you on your journey with Christ and you can help us on our journey also, you see as Christians we all need each other. :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I believe that sometimes we can shut God so far out of our lives that the only way he can get to us sometimes is through dreams. At least that's what happened to me. God is calling you into the true faith and love. He forgives you and wants you as his own. Praise Him who has called you!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/11/1993

Maybe I should go to church.....and I say this because my boyfriend, who I have been with for 1 year and 9 months, his father is a pastor at a local church here. Jake, my boyfriend, and his dad, Frank, are the very people who helped me accept that God was here for me. I was far lost than I am now when I met Jake. I've come a long way, even as I am now.....

But Jake understands that I have to do this on my own....but he helps.

And I like that.....all Christians need each other....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You're all right, Katie. :noidea:

Dreams are . . . funny.

As for Jesus' appearance - it is quite possible that our traditional image of Jesus is incorrect. (Long story.) So don't let that confuse you.

If the dream isn't from God, if nothing else, the dream brought me here. A place where I can ask questions and actually have them answered....

What I see is that it made you think of Jesus, His death, the reason for it, His love for you, a nd your love for Him.

Now, I believe in God and I pray, but I'm guessing that doesn't mean I've "given my life to the Lord"....

Honestly; I'm scared I'm going to screw up and do something wrong if I fully commit. Like I'm going to make the commitment and then utterly fail.

That's what is holding me back.

I am afraid. That's the simplest way to explain myself.

We all screw up. We all fall. We all fail.

The miracle is that we don't have to stay fallen, screwed, messed up. Forgiveness is always there for the asking. :P

Have you read Romans 6-8? Try it, OK?

Oh, and what are all these different names? Yeshua? Adonai? Where does that come from? I've never even heard of that...

Yeshua is Jesus' name in the original Hebrew.

Adonai is Hebrew for Lord.

And I have a question:

Someone once told me that if I don't say "In Jesus's name I pray", or "In -insert these names you guys are using- I pray", at the end of my prayer, that I'm praying wrong.

No, that isn't true.

The Bible speaks of praying in Jesus' name, but that's about praying under His authority and in His will, not tagging on the words at the end of the prayer.

Uhm, WHAT?! I can pray wrong? If I pray wrong, is my prayer not ACCEPTED? I don't know how to take that....

The only "wrong" prayer is praying against the Lord's will. If you pray wrong, nothing happens. Though the Lord may move to correct your understanding; it's still nothing to worry about.

Words are not as important as the intention of the heart.

At the end of all of my prayers, I say "I love You, God, Amen."

That is what I say each and every time. Have I been wrong?

Awww! :wub:

You're fine!

Nebula, thank you. For all of those replies.

"Words are not as important as the intention of the heart."

I like that. That makes me feel better, because sometimes when I pray I feel like I can't explain what I mean to God right. I know He already knows what I mean, He already knows what I need, but He wants me to come to Him in need and say it.....right? Am I right in saying that?

Oh, and what exactly is praying against the Lord's will?

Maybe I'm just jumping ahead of myself, but just this day, all of this conversation, this website, these people, have made me want so much more. I know that sounds corny and cheesy, but that's how I feel. I'm gonna take it slow....day by day. Not freak myself out, overwhelm myself....

Romans 6-8? I'm going to read it and post my thoughts and my feelings and what I got out of it. I don't want to read it and interpret it wrong.

That's something else I'm afraid of - reading the Word and interpreting it wrong.

So, I read Romans 6-8

Of course, a lot of it was hard to understand, and I didn't get some parts of it. I'm sure that if I read it over again, time and time again, I would get something new out of it each time, but I'm going to jot down some of the stuff I got out of it. Not in order, really, but just some of the things I've gotten from it. If I miss something that you guys have gotten out of Romans 6-8, feel free to give me your thoughts on it...or if I've interpreted something wrong, let me know....

When we become dead to sin....we should no longer live in sin. (Well, that's obvious....that would be the perfect Christian I guess...once you commmit to turning your back to sin, never sin again. But that's impossible. Humans are going to sin no matter what, but one of the first words in Romans 6-8, is that grace is abound. God's grace is abound because He knows we will sin, even when we give our life to Him. We're still going to make mistakes. remember guys, this is just my opinion....I hope I'm not getting anything wrong. This is literally the first time I've ever done anything close to Bible Study.)

Romans 6:9 - "Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him."

What I get from that is that when we live in Christ, death has no dominion over us either, because Christ is eternal life, and the only way to eternal life is Christ.

Also, after reading Romans 6-8, I think that the only way to be truly alive is to be alive in God and Jesus, and dead to sin. Well, as dead to sin as a human can be.

And sin can control you.....it can take you over...and the things you do that you regret and end up being ashamed of is your sin acting out in you....

Romans 6:21 makes this point, in so many words (at least to me): What good and frutiful things came out of those times that you are ashamed of, what good and fruitful things come out of sin? The end of all of those things is only death.

Sin is death. If you live in Christ and the Lord, there is no such a thing as death.

Romans 7 talks a LOT about the law. Now, what I get out of all of it, is that even law of man can lead you into sin. But some law is good. This part confused me a lot.

I guess when it comes down to it, you have to know what law to follow that is right in God's eyes. I think that totally makes sense. Law is created by man. Man is flawed, sinful. So some of the law can be flawed and sinful. So you have to follow what you believe God wants you to follow. Spiritual law. Those words soind good in my head. That concept makes me feel good. Following spiritual law.

And when it comes down to it, we have to keep our minds and heard and souls on things of the Spirit, not of the flesh. Which is hard, and that's why we sin repeatedly and falter in our path and all of that. All of the things that I'm afraid of. It's hard for us as humans to focus on things of the Spirit and not of the flesh, but if we try our best, I believe God will recognize that.

Romans 8:35-37: "Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, for thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."

I LOVE THIS. We are CONQUERORS through Christ. Man, that gave me a jolt when I read that. Maybe it hit me hard because I've had such an open mind and heart to God all day, but I literally feel like I have more power now. I am a conqueror through Christ. Or am I? Listen to me, talking like I know what I'm talking about....now I feel like a fool again. I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself again. Or am I just doubting myself again? Whatever, I don't know.

The last point Romans 8 makes is that nothing at all, regardless, can keep us from the love of Christ. And that makes me happy. Brings a little peace to me. I love that. Absolutely love it. So I feel now that no matter how hard it gets or how far I stray, NOTHING will keep me from the love of Christ and God. And I know that I will always come back. I know that now.

So, what do you guys think?

....Am I even worthy enough for Jesus to come to me in a dream?

He Is Worthy

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 3:20

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

>>>>>()<<<<<

Boasting is necessary, though it is not profitable;

but I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 12:1 (NASB)

....It's doubtful, despite what anyone here may tell you....

Some Believe

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:17-18

Some Don't

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

And Be Blessed Beloved

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

Love Joe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

....So, what do you guys think?....

Amen!

It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 2 Timothy 2:11-13

Thank you, Joe, for taking the time to organize a post like that to help me out.......today has been the first day that I've actually read scripture and thought on it. Every new one that I see is doing something.....I don't want to sound cheesy or corny or fake....but that's the truth...