IGNORED

Hey everyone! I really need an answer, fast!

Katie(:

....read scripture and thought on it. Every new one that I see is doing something....

:24:

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:2

>>>>>()<<<<<

God's Word

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalms 116:130

Knocks My Socks Off

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job 13:15

Daily

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Love, Your Brother Joe

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Ephesians 5:19

A Peak Into Some Of The Effect The Bible Personally Has Had On My Short Life

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/11/1993

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:2

Lay aside every weight?

I feel like I can.

But the sin that so easily besets me?

I'm still afraid.

But I think that's where the patience part comes in....

Let us run with patience the race that is set before us.......

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

This is me, right now, at this very second.

Once again, I don't want to sound corny or cheesy or fake.....but this brought tears to my eyes.

Because all of this really is making me happy.

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job 13:15

I know the story of Job. Well, I think I know the jist of it, I'm sure I don't know all of it.....but it is mind-blowing. I hope I never lose my faith...I had it before I had the dream and came here and posted and everything, but I have a stronger hold now. I know I do. I'm not just getting "carried away", like a few certain people around me in my household are telling me (and even making jokes). I know I know I know I know I know I know this is good. This is amazing. I don't want my faith to fade. But if it does, that means that I did it to myself. I won't let it happen. But I don't know that.....who knows what could happen to me.....but I hope that WHATEVER happens, I never lose my faith. I really do believe God will never forsake me, so I should NEVER turn around and forsake Him......

I read your post in the link you sent me.....and I kind of don't feel like I'm going to sound corny or cheesy or fake anymore. You are honest and open and unafraid in the way you talk about God. Thank you. That inspires me. (:

Oh, I forgot a few questions I have.

I think I was baptized (sp?) soon after I was born, but is it okay to be baptized again? My boyfriend's father is a pastor at a local church here, and the idea popped into my head to be baptized again.

Oh, and I don't know a lot of the things I need to know about God and about this life....a LOT of the things I need to know.

Apparently when I sin I need to immediately confess my sin and ask for forgiveness, but what ALL is exactly a sin to God? And there is no way everyone can immediately realize they sin right after they do it. I'm sure God accepts late "please forgive me for this sin" prayers. I couldn't figure out a better way to put it, lol.....

And what is the difference between the King James Version and the.......other version? See, I am so ill-informed I don't even know what the other version is called! How many versions of the Bible are there? And which one is REALLY God's Word?

Edited by Katie(:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Thank you, Joe, for taking the time to organize a post like that to help me out.......today has been the first day that I've actually read scripture and thought on it. Every new one that I see is doing something.....I don't want to sound cheesy or corny or fake....but that's the truth...

:24::24:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Nebula, thank you. For all of those replies.

You're welcome!

"Words are not as important as the intention of the heart."

I like that. That makes me feel better, because sometimes when I pray I feel like I can't explain what I mean to God right. I know He already knows what I mean, He already knows what I need, but He wants me to come to Him in need and say it.....right? Am I right in saying that?

I'm not good at explaining myself either a lot.

And you are correct. It's rather difficult to build a relationship with the Father is you don't communicate with Him.

Oh, and what exactly is praying against the Lord's will?

Are you familiar with the story of David and Saul? When Saul prayed for David's destruction - that was against the Lord's will.

Maybe I'm just jumping ahead of myself, but just this day, all of this conversation, this website, these people, have made me want so much more. I know that sounds corny and cheesy, but that's how I feel. I'm gonna take it slow....day by day. Not freak myself out, overwhelm myself....

:emot-hug: That's not corny at all! That's wonderful. :)

Romans 6-8? I'm going to read it and post my thoughts and my feelings and what I got out of it. I don't want to read it and interpret it wrong.

That's something else I'm afraid of - reading the Word and interpreting it wrong.

Treat it like you would learning to riding a bike. Don't let the fear of wobbling and falling keep you from learning.

So, I read Romans 6-8

<snip>

So, what do you guys think?

You're doing fine. :emot-hug:

Any reccomendations on what I should read next? Anything to start my day out or just something I should start off with or.....anything?

Any reccomendations on what I should read next? Anything to start my day out or just something I should start off with or.....anything?

How about reading the entire Gospel according to John?

Figure how many chapters a day you want to chew on at a time, and then read and chew on that many chapters a day (even if just one) until you get to the end.

How about reading the entire Gospel according to John?

Figure how many chapters a day you want to chew on at a time, and then read and chew on that many chapters a day (even if just one) until you get to the end.

That is so awesome! Traveller just recommended I read the entire book of John! That's what I'm working on next!

AHHH! I'm excited! I hope it's not super super hard to read.

Pray that God will help me understand what I am reading, and help me take it in......or something along the lines of that....

Thanks!

I first read the Bible all the way through when I was 11 I think. You should be OK.

Anything you feel stuck on, go ahead and start a new thread (General Discussions is a good forum) asking for understanding.

And don't feel bad about not understanding. I'm still learning new stuff! It's a lifelong adventure. Just enjoy the start of your journey. :whistling:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Read John, it is full of light and love and hope and His glory and grace.

Don't over analyze what you read, just let the holy Spirit guide you, and if you have any questions as to the meaning of the scriptures in John, then just ask :whistling:

John was the disciple "who Jesus loved', and in one scripture (you will get to it), John lies against the chest of Jesus while they talk around the supper table.

Imagine, resting your head on His chest and feeling the heartbeat of God! Thats how close we should be to Him all the time!

You are doing fine Katie, savor the feelings you now have, and remember them when the world gets in the way of your walk (it will). And when it does, go back to scripture for guidance. That is why it is important to read scripture and build your knowledge (which takes a lifetime because it is a journey, not a destination).

The only sure destination you have once accepting Jesus into your life is at His feet :thumbsup: (what an awesome place to end up)

Bless you, you are a breath of fresh air!