• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Anyone read this?

I read it in school and bawled my eyes out. It is just so sad.

There is a 'new' Anne Frank love story coming out that triggered my memory of this book. Can't say im interested in the fictional account, but the original I loved in a very sad way. It was probably the most emotionally powerful book I read as a teen.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

I've read it - took German in school and had to read the book - I'm glad I did - I also cried. My class went to Germany and we visited Dachau concentration camp and Auschwitz - "Arbeit Macht Frei ". Something I will never forget - When we were finished w/ the tour and exited the concentration camps and got back in our tour bus, everyone was silent.

I've read it - took German in school and had to read the book - I'm glad I did - I also cried. My class went to Germany and we visited Dachau concentration camp and Auschwitz - "Arbeit Macht Frei ". Something I will never forget - When we were finished w/ the tour and exited the concentration camps and got back in our tour bus, everyone was silent.

:thumbsup:

Yes I bawled my eyes out.

I'd actually love to read it again, might borrow it for the plane flight.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I read it in my teens too, andy, and I've never forgotten the book or Anne herself. Even though she died long before I was born, I felt like I knew her. That book was the beginning of my empathy for the Jewish people. Even though I was a kid I was appalled that a government could hunt down, imprison and murder people for no reason....with no one to stop them! I think I will read that book again.

I read it in my teens too, andy, and I've never forgotten the book or Anne herself. Even though she died long before I was born, I felt like I knew her. That book was the beginning of my empathy for the Jewish people. Even though I was a kid I was appalled that a government could hunt down, imprison and murder people for no reason....with no one to stop them! I think I will read that book again.

She would have been 81 on the 12th of June. Sad, such an innocent young life taken.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

You went to Poland also?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

Yes. I had a dream about it too. Is that where you got the question? Because i told you i had a dream about Anne Frank? Well, i didn't finish the book cause i knew how it ended...:blink: do you suppose i should finish the book now?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I read it when I was in my teens. I also did a history report on the concentration camps that I have never forgotten. We had to do an oral report in addition to the written report and I remember including a "recipe" for soap made from HUMAN FAT!!! I just could barely even wrap my mind around such an evil thing. I remember being utterly amazed that anyone could be so cruel & cold blooded. There were so many insanely horrifying things that were done... The soap thing just seemed to sum it all up somehow. I guess I thought (and still do) that if you can not only make but actually USE soap like this it was evidence of the depth of your evil & depravity. The report was so profound that my teacher asked me to do it again the next year. (Long story here about how we wound up having the same teacher 4 years from our 6th grade year to our senior year.) We used to joke that he loved our class so much that he had to keep following us. He was a special man, though, all kidding aside, & I think that report broke his heart just like it did mine. That was the start of my strong sympathy for the Jewish people. I will NEVER understand how some people can try to claim that the holocaust never really happened. Those people are just as sick as the ones who came up with all the ways to "recycle" the innocent people they were murdering!

Yes. I had a dream about it too. Is that where you got the question? Because i told you i had a dream about Anne Frank? Well, i didn't finish the book cause i knew how it ended...:blink: do you suppose i should finish the book now?

It's a great book to read! Better than wasting time watching telly...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I read it once, a long time ago. It reminds me of another great book. "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten-Boom. Classic, and she Loved the Lord.