• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

1. How is it that the Pope is seen as infallible

2. Explain for me how, at communion, the elements become Christ's body and blood

3. Explain the apocrypha and why traditional Christianity doesn't recognize them

The answer to all three: Man-made tradition. :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

That purgatory is a false doctrine is easy to prove from the Scriptures. When Jesus died on the cross, He said "It is finished" (John 19:30). Jesus completed the work of redemption at the cross. In His high priestly prayer to the Father, Jesus said, "I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do" (John 17:4). Hebrews 10:14 emphatically declares, "By one sacrifice he has made perfect for ever those who are being made holy." Hence, those who believe in Christ are "made perfect" forever; no further "purging" is necessary. First John 1:7 says, "The blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." Romans 8:1 says, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

Jesus took care of "purging" our sins by His work of salvation at the cross. Hebrews 1:3 affirms, "After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven." Jesus provided full purification for our sins

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Katholish, do you think wearing and believing in things such as a scapular to be anointed to get you into heaven takes away from the finished work of Jesus Christ crucified? Can anything other than being born again, like Jesus said, ensure that you will go to heaven when you die?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

To many people who are not Catholic, the Catholic Faith sometimes seems confusing. There is usually at least some point in which a non-Catholic may ask, Do they really believe that? Well, I wish to give you an opportunity to ask. It has also been my experience that most non-Catholics have some misconceptions of what Catholics believe, sometimes rather serious ones.

So, please feel free if you had any questions. Or wanted to know why the Church believes as she does.

Has anyone seen LadyC lately?

Guest charlie
The answer to all three: Man-made tradition.

I don't agree that all three are; I'm waiting to see Katholish's answer.

I think the Catholics are onto something with "purgatory". We can't find it in our Bibles because we've only got 66 books. It used to be 73 when the KJV was first published in 1611. I thought there was a reference to it somewhere in Corinthians (not sure now) too.

Has anyone seen LadyC lately?

No, and I was wondering about her today.

Edited by charlie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Katholish:

Welcome to Worthy! I make no secret that I'm not Catholic and won't be convinced of Catholic doctrine, but I do accept you as a sister/brother in Christ. I will also be reading this with interest as I do have a very good friend at work who is Catholic and I do want to understand what she believes a bit better, even though I do disagree. Hope you enjoy your time here! While you're here, enjoy some good music:

wanderin.jpg

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Its agreed that Mary is full of Grace. Grace is undeserving mercy from the Lord.

Are we not full of grace as well? I love Mary being the mother of Jesus. The argument for intercession is rather weak,just man doesn't include afterdeath. Are we still men afterdeath?

We have one father in heaven. Why are priests called 'father'?

Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

( Matthew 23 In context: Matthew 23:8-10)

Some priests have commited mortal sin w/ the act of child molesting.Why did the church authority cover up these crimes?

Edited by followerofjesus

Guest shadow2b
-As for Romans 3:23, I would be cautious of interpreting this in a way that leaves room for no exceptions. We know that Christ did not sin, yet was human. Also there is a distinction between the state of sin, and active sinning. To commit a sin takes an act of the Will, whereas all men are born into a state of sin called Original Sin. We shouldn't interpret Romans to mean that every person has committed actual sin. Take for instance a little child who dies at the age of 3 months. Have they commited a sin? No, they have not, but they were still nevertheless born in a state of sin, but I hope you can see the difference.

-Serotta--ole-chapp--BE CAUTIOUS NOW "HOW"?YOU INTERPRET THAT SPECIFIC

-SCRIPTURE....IT COULD LEAD TO THE TRUTH---Thereby--DISproving this "SINLESS--SIN-FREE-CONCEPTION--BIRTH-& LIFE OF MARY"--YA-KNOW??

-Which This could also lead to the supposed"Erroneous"Concept of PERPETUAL-VIRGINITY of Mary--yas-know??-I mean I Do BELIEVE Mary was a virgin untill AFTER the birth of JESUS---NO-Problem with that--That Fulfills Scripture-{behold a virgin shall conceive & bring forth a son}

-Matt.1.vs.23--------

-Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 

-AND in vs.25--IT clearly states Joseph {Knew her NOT--TILL--}

-She had brought forth her first born son:-

-NOW ya don't have ta be a Rocket-Scientist A Big-brain-surgeon -A Theologian-Ner -A Bible Student to Understand "THIS" scripture--Ya just gotta "Read"& Comprehend the clear statement is IF ya have "A-First-Born" There naturally has to be "A-Second-Born"RIGHT??-Sooooo--"IF" WE have A-1st.Born--A-2nd.Born--&

-IF the dudes in the synagogue were all Offended at the wisdom JESUS had of the scriptures & were upbraiding HIM & saying {ahhhhh-WeLLL, this is just that lowly carpenter Josephs son--big--deal--WE know as much as HE does--who is HE to be teaching US??} --Paraphrased & Up-dated jest a mite? of course}

-Mark.6:VS.3--------

-Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

-But Serotta ole-Chap----ya jes gotta be prepared for the annual pilgrimage to the ethereal-Mystical concepetual romp thru fantasy land of these scriptures "DO-NOT" mean that they are speaking of the actual-{born-of-mary-brothers & /or sisters}no-no-no-ole chap--these scriptures only refer to the "brothers--sisters that all Jewish people refered to those of the same ministry of JESUS or just "brothers--sisters as a means of identifying in generalized terms---like WE do Today--like brother john--sister elizabeth--ole mother MCcree--everyone refers to her as "Mother"don't yas know-??- sssssshhheeeessssshhhh-

-ahhhhhhh--welll Serotta ole-chap just thought I'd try ta prepare ya jest a mite so ya don't get TOO discouraged & kin hang on to yo sanity a mite longer-- :P:t2:

-yuppp--welll, till we meet agin--Happy-Trials to ya Bro.--- :t2: :oww: :hug:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

Gee Shadow, I can't recall this subject ever being brought up before at WorthyBoards, can you? :oww: :x: :P

Guest shadow2b
Gee Shadow, I can't recall this subject ever being brought up before at WorthyBoards, can you?  :oww:  :x:  :P

-hmmmmmmm???--geeeee-whizzzzz--Now that ya mention it Brother of mine -uhhhhhhhh???hmmmmmm??errrreerrr?-ahhhh?WeLLLLL< noooo---Not Recently were it??--I fergit sooooo eassy now--oleeeee-ageee-yas knows---mebby someone else will hepp-us ouyt on thyis ya Reckon??- :P:D:t2::t2:

-shuckins----- :x: :t2::P -ahhhhhhh--wellllll-- :P