• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I have no problem with other people not liking them-if you dont like then I respect that, I only throw a fit if someone tries to take mine.

Im with you on this

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/17/1973

Then please explain what turning the other cheek and don't resist an evil person means.

When you read the passage, it specifically states, "When someone strikes you on the right cheek...."

Why would Jesus specify which cheek? If you think about it, the only way to hit someone on the right cheek is with the left hand or the back of the right hand. In their time and culture, striking someone in that way was deemed an insult - worse than giving someone the finger in our culture.

So Jesus wasn't speaking about a bully beating you up, or a robber trying to steal from you, or worse. He was speaking about being demeaned, insulted, put down, demoralized, etc. To turn the other cheek wasn't an invitation to be beat up, but a statement declaring - if you strike me, do so with respect!

It doesn't sound like Jesus liked violence of any kind.

What do you make of Him cleansing the Temple with a scourge and overturned the money changers' tables?

This is exactly how I see it.

I own guns, I carry a gun. A gun is a tool just like other tools that is there if it is needed. You have to respect the tool and learn how to properly use the tool.

I will use whatever tools necessary to defemd my family from enemies foreign and domestic.

I will also use my tools to hunt some yummy meat to put in the fridge and to poke holes in paper for fun.

I keep a first aide kit at home too. Not because I have any intent of cutting off a finger or breaking an arm, but just in case it is needed one day.

and a fire extinguisher. I wear a seatbelt....buildings have emergency exits...etc..

I have about 12 guns in various styles..none of them have ever walked out and started shooting. The idea behind gun control is that the common citizen cannot be trusted to own a gun and not inflict harm or commit a crime or use it dangerously. So, a false and foolish reliance upon government to suppress crime, and deny guns to people arises. What happens of course is guns are now the only tool that a criminal will use, if you dis-arm the citizenry the criminal can have the power to do and take what he wants.

As to children with guns. I didnt allow my kids access to the guns unless I was present. When they were in their teens they could use them if they wanted, If my son or daughter would have been irresponsible and stupid, they would have never gained access to my guns. Loaded weapons were not a part of our family, Loaded weapons were forbidden in the house. It safeguarded the handling of a firearm so that there would be no fear of picking up a firearm or working the action. Firearms were treated like a car in the sense that any mishandling of it would result in loosing the privilege of ownership.

Weak parenting, undisciplined children, irresponsible use of a firearm all combine to create hazards for children and parents in the use of firearms.

Always checking your action, always pointing downrange, always knowing where your muzzle is pointing, keeping the safety on until ready to shoot, are some of the necessities of gun safety, if these are too stringent or too difficult for a child or teen, that child or teen cannot handle a firearm, they might as well never ask. If adults cannot follow proper gun safety, I will not hunt with them, nor will I encourage anyone else to shoot with them.

I do not need law-enforcement to live in my home to keep my family safe in the presence of a firearm, I do that very well myself.

R.E.

Absolutely. My Dad taught me all of the above things. They are the "gospel" (forgive the term) of firearm ownership, but I will add one more because it is the one thing he taught above all else. Always treat the gun as if it is loaded, at all times, even if you know the magazine is empty and there is no round in the chamber.

Always keep your finger OFF the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Always have the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I dont even have a round in the chamber until Im ready to shoot, even when hunting, unless Im sitting and waiting-if Im moving, that chambers empty, no ifs ands or buts. I might have the bolt halfway back-but never locked with a round in the chamber. If you dont have time to chamber a round, you dont have time to make a safe shot, thats my rule of thumb.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I dont even have a round in the chamber until Im ready to shoot, even when hunting, unless Im sitting and waiting-if Im moving, that chambers empty, no ifs ands or buts. I might have the bolt halfway back-but never locked with a round in the chamber. If you dont have time to chamber a round, you dont have time to make a safe shot, thats my rule of thumb.

Sounds like a good rule of thumb to me. When I did have a bunch of fire arms, the storage at the house was done by 3's, weapon in one area, bolts / cyinders in another and ammo in the 3rd. Had four kids and wanted to keep it that way.

Plus at one point in time I was the Range NCO, and on the US Army combat rifle team Expert Class. expert3rd.jpg

Dennis

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

range ncoic? shoot civilains run the targets now.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

I have no problem with other people not liking them-if you dont like then I respect that, I only throw a fit if someone tries to take mine.

Understandable. Would feel the same way about my bible.

I always carry a round in the chamber. Otherwise, you might as well have a hammer.

I keep one gun on me, loaded, at all times unless I'm at work. Guns not in my immediate control are left locked in the safe.

Right now my ccw is a G27