• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/6/2021 at 5:40 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

It's hard to conceal a Mossberg 12 gauge under my tee shirt.  :whistling:

My Taurus PT92AF 9 mm is 100% reliable, but it's not as accurate as other guns I have including Glocks.

Even an XXXXL tee-shirt???

• Haha 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

My dad is 78 and an elder of a church here and in Florida ( they are snowbirds) , he carries a Glock 19.

calls it his security blanket, I asked him about this his response was of someone walks into a church with the intent of killing everyone are we just to stand like deer in the headlights?

I see nothing wrong with protection, I myself don’t like guns from the worldly days of having my roommate tripping on acid come around the corner with an AR-15 because he thought I was his brother?

you were going to shoot your brother?

Yes he was just here and we were fighting

he was never here…you are TRIPPING

I slept with that gun under my bed the rest of the time I lived there ?

I have had a few guns in my face and I just don’t like them, But being a Christian doesn’t mean you can’t protect yourself , The Lord knows our hearts ♥️, killing in cold blood or accidental was both covered in the Bible- sanctuary cities were set up for accidental deaths - you might fool the courts but God knows your intentions and I would like to think he would show mercy for accidentally fatally wounding someone while protecting yourself

thats my thoughts on Guns, I only worry at 78 the attacker would take my dads gun from him and use it, But he is a Righteous man and I know we would spend eternity together with the Father,? it makes him feel safer and a protector of the flock so he will keep his security blanket. 
SHALOM❤️

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

6 minutes ago, MrBear said:

My dad is 78 and an elder of a church here and in Florida ( they are snowbirds) , he carries a Glock 19.

calls it his security blanket, I asked him about this his response was of someone walks into a church with the intent of killing everyone are we just to stand like deer in the headlights?

I see nothing wrong with protection, I myself don’t like guns from the worldly days of having my roommate tripping on acid come around the corner with an AR-15 because he thought I was his brother?

I have had a few guns in my face and I just don’t like them, But being a Christian doesn’t mean you can’t protect yourself , The Lord knows our hearts ♥️, killing in cold blood or accidental was both covered in the Bible- sanctuary cities were set up for accidental deaths - you might fool the courts but God knows your intentions and I would like to think he would show mercy for accidentally fatally wounding someone while protecting yourself

thats my thoughts on Guns, I only worry at 78 the attacker would take my dads gun from him and use it, But he is a Righteous man and I know we would spend eternity together with the Father,? it makes him feel safer and a protector of the flock so he will keep his security blanket. 
SHALOM❤️

Well said. 

I've spoken with a few in the church who are adamantly opposed to guns. 

Something they admitted they didn't take into consideration was the worst case scenario factor.

That of, worst case scenario, being in peril due to an armed threat. And calling 911 while praying armed police are faster than the suspect's finger on the trigger.

12 minutes ago, Thornbird said:

Well said. 

I've spoken with a few in the church who are adamantly opposed to guns. 

Something they admitted they didn't take into consideration was the worst case scenario factor.

That of, worst case scenario, being in peril due to an armed threat. And calling 911 while praying armed police are faster than the suspect's finger on the trigger.

Yes unfortunately guns are freely available to Just about anyone and that’s why I oppose getting rid of guns because then just the bad guys will have guns they will always find a way to get guns

And the world will become a very dark place compared to what it is today it’s because we have the right to protect ourselves that even though crime is very high in this country it would be off the chart if there were no guns in peoples hands to protect themselves 

there’s nothing new about gun control though ,. we saw in the Old Testament  that the philistines told all the blacksmith to not deal with the Israelites

1 Samuel 13:19

No blacksmith could be found in all the land of Israel, because the Philistines had said, “Otherwise, the Hebrews will make swords or spears.”

that was their version of gun control

and they are still trying to do it today

nothing new under the sun as Solomon would say

SHALOM❤️

Edited by MrBear
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member

36 minutes ago, MrBear said:

Yes unfortunately guns are freely available to Just about anyone and that’s why I oppose getting rid of guns because then just the bad guys will have guns they will always find a way to get guns

And the world will become a very dark place compared to what it is today it’s because we have the right to protect ourselves that even though crime is very high in this country it would be off the chart if there were no guns in peoples hands to protect themselves 

there’s nothing new about gun control though ,. we saw in the Old Testament  that the philistines told all the blacksmith to not deal with the Israelites

1 Samuel 13:19

No blacksmith could be found in all the land of Israel, because the Philistines had said, “Otherwise, the Hebrews will make swords or spears.”

that was their version of gun control

and they are still trying to do it today

nothing new under the sun as Solomon would say

SHALOM❤️

Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it.

England's king outlawed swords when they controlled Scotland.

And it is the same story then as now all over the world. 

The government forces, military and police, the executive branch, in any country will always be armed.

Citizens possession of weapons helps insure tyranny is met with resistance. Which is the primary reason corrupt governments seek to outlaw and seize citizens weapons. 

What does  a citizen body do when disarmed by a domineering armed government? Anything that government tells them to do.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, MrBear said:

SHALOM❤️

I've been the object of two home invasions.  The first one my wife had trouble waking me up.  She told me to give her the Glock 23 (.40 S&W) I kept on my night table, and it took me a second or two to wonder why my wife needed a loaded gun!  The adrenaline woke me up and I came out armed too with a Glock 22 (.40 S&W) and the would be home invaders were running down the street.  We live in a suburb so we don't have much police presence.  The next home invasion came on a wet night around Thanksgiving.  Two individuals tried to kick in our front door so I rushed the front door with a Glock 27 (.40 S&W) in hand.  My wife had her Walther (.380 ACP) at the door when I started searching the area around my cars, gun in hand, finger on the trigger.  I found the first guy hiding half under my car.  I was barefoot in cold, rainy weather when I made the guy I held at gunpoint lie on my drive away, my gun aimed at his eyes.  I saw no weapons on him so something told me to let him go.  So I used a expletive and told him to go, or words to that effect.  I did fire a round behind him to make him run faster, which he did.  I made sure I didn't hit him.  Noticing that there were two sets of wet footprints, I searched for the second man.  Knowing I was armed and not afraid of firing, the second man took off.  He was hiding behind our transformer and he started running up the street.  I fired a warning shot behind him and his adrenaline kicked in and that was the last we saw him.  We haven't been bothered since.  I reported firing two shots to the sheriffs office and they asked us if they needed to come out.  We said no, we took care of it and they were happy.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I've been the object of two home invasions.  The first one my wife had trouble waking me up.  She told me to give her the Glock 23 (.40 S&W) I kept on my night table, and it took me a second or two to wonder why my wife needed a loaded gun!  The adrenaline woke me up and I came out armed too with a Glock 22 (.40 S&W) and the would be home invaders were running down the street.  We live in a suburb so we don't have much police presence.  The next home invasion came on a wet night around Thanksgiving.  Two individuals tried to kick in our front door so I rushed the front door with a Glock 27 (.40 S&W) in hand.  My wife had her Walther (.380 ACP) at the door when I started searching the area around my cars, gun in hand, finger on the trigger.  I found the first guy hiding half under my car.  I was barefoot in cold, rainy weather when I made the guy I held at gunpoint lie on my drive away, my gun aimed at his eyes.  I saw no weapons on him so something told me to let him go.  So I used a expletive and told him to go, or words to that effect.  I did fire a round behind him to make him run faster, which he did.  I made sure I didn't hit him.  Noticing that there were two sets of wet footprints, I searched for the second man.  Knowing I was armed and not afraid of firing, the second man took off.  He was hiding behind our transformer and he started running up the street.  I fired a warning shot behind him and his adrenaline kicked in and that was the last we saw him.  We haven't been bothered since.  I reported firing two shots to the sheriffs office and they asked us if they needed to come out.  We said no, we took care of it and they were happy.

I’m very glad you shared those stories, that was responsible of you , it’s always easy for those calling for gun control to not take into account the amount of people victimized by persons with the intent of doing harm just because they have never faced a real situation where having a gun could have prevented it

Taking guns away would lead to the chance of no consequences from breaking the law, they would leave no witnesses knowing they could take a life that has no defense 

it’s like believers and Gods law, if the Father didn’t have Laws we would do as the Israelites at the end of Judges did

In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.”

Total Lawlessness Gods laws deter us from doing what they did and when we don’t try to obey them, there will be consequences ?

SHALOM❤️

Edited by MrBear
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

Fear.

It's good that we speak only for ourselves, of ourselves, and refrain from burdening others unjustly because of this truth; to wit, not all of us are in the same place. The Lord ordained works for each of us to walk in and so fear is something I have faced time and again, according to His will and purpose. Whatever befalls me is the will of the Lord.

Fear of being cast out, the fear of starvation, the fear of not having a place to rest my head, the fear of illness and disease --- losing all of my teeth and brain injury --- the fear of sunlight which made me physically ill, and even the fear of living to see another day. The fear of living. 

I've been fired upon and there's nothing quite like bullets tearing through space inches from your body. I didn't react in a manner familiar to most; I wasn't fazed by it. This has always been true, even before the Lord called me from this world. My experience in the military in close proximity to detonations and small arms fire was eye-opening in this regard. I had no idea until the first time it happened. 

In all that I have endured, I learned this truth firsthand: I am in the Lord's hand so whatever befalls me is His will. I've been close to death and have stared at the muzzle of more than one firearm. I have faced armed degenerates equipped with the words of His Spirit and nothing else... nothing in my hands. Why should I fear for my life? 

It is not my own. All of those bullets missed their mark and I stood untouched. The Lord saw fit to subject me to such things, bringing me to the other side of fear so I might know that I have nothing to fear at all. I belong to Him and no other. 

But this isn't for everyone, and I don't judge others by saying, "Why are you afraid?", or "Why do you see a need for firearms?" That isn't my place nor desire to do such a thing. As for me, I continue to avoid firearms and won't own one. But I speak for myself, and of myself. Not others.   

• Well Said! 2

I've only been fired on once, when I was in college.  I was going back to my trailer midday when a highway sniper took out the windshield of my 1972 Mercury Capri.  There was no other cars or people around.  I didn't report it and just let the insurance company replace my windshield.  It was 20 years before I bought and fired my first handgun (Glock 22).

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/7/2021 at 8:51 PM, Thornbird said:

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for, among old parchments, or musty records. They are written, as with a sun beam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power." -Alexander Hamilton

Are you allowed to carry extra 10 shot clips on your person?

It's like they say, criminals don't obey gun control laws, when gun control laws aren't about the guns. They're all about control over those who obey laws.

I think Christians are entitled to arm themselves. Jesus told his disciples to buy a sword. In those times the foremost formidable weapon then known.

In today's parlance he would have said, even if you have to sell something to afford it, buy a AK-47. ?

God is not a pacifist.

Lord knows our SCOTUS illegally redefines unalienable right as often as afforded the opportunity. Meanwhile they have armed secret service security for life.

Yes, I always have a second mag on my "civvy" belt while I'm out and about. On a range, I have a double mag holder on my range belt.

• Thumbs Up 1