spirit in my home

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I think there may be a spirit/demon in my home. How do I know for sure? How do I get rid of it? It only comes out at night and it scares me so much that I feel paralyzed.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I used to be tormented by fear. I'd fight it by singing praise and worship songs.

Do you have any praise and worship CDs? Play them, sing with them, declare them (the words).

Also, read Scripture out loud. Walk through the house speaking these.

Before you can cast the demon out, you need your faith and courage/confidence strengthened. So do this every night.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Personally I would not give thought to this. The devil I have been told will play with your mind.

As for advice, pray before going to bed each night so that you put your mind on God. You may have to do this several times in order to get peace so that you can rest. A prayers as short as "no weapon formed against shall prosper". Just try keeping your mind free and depend on your faith. :thumbsup:

I think there may be a spirit/demon in my home. How do I know for sure? How do I get rid of it? It only comes out at night and it scares me so much that I feel paralyzed.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

If it is a demon you will know for sure without having to think it may be.

If it is not a demon, it is probably you thinking it is one, and there is another reason for your fear.

Blessings

If it's not a demon...what else could it be? I have never been so paralyzed by fear. It comes when the sun goes down. This sensation comes over me and I am overwhelmed by this fear that something is in my home. I know something is in my home but how did it get there? How do I prevent these spirits from coming in my house? I thought because I was a Christian this can't happen.

This is what happens...I lie in bed or on the couch watching TV and then suddenly I get this extreme paranoia like you can't even imagine. I pray for it to go away and it does for a little while but it comes back. I had to cry myself to sleep one night because I was so afraid.

I can't believe this is happening. I will pray over the house tonight for as long as it takes for this to go away.

Are you still not smoking? The reason I ask is because for a couple of months after I quit I would periodically go through bad spells of paranoia and nerves. This could be some of that. You are a child of God. Demons have no control over you.

Yes, I'm going on two weeks of not smoking. Funny you mention it because this all started two weeks ago. I had paranoia for the first couple days of cessation and blamed it on the Chantix. I stopped taking Chantix for that very reason (and the bad dreams). The paranoia stopped and now it came back. I've never heard of this happening after quitting.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

• Topic Count:  346
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Definitely is a demon, sheer terror all of the sudden is a big sign it's them, good thing your spiritual eyes are not opened to see what I saw. In all the battles I've been through with demons for 3 years now, this one worked the best. I just did what Michael did - it never fails.

Jude 1:9

But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Sometimes it is an item that you brought to your home or someone put one there - it can be done long distance. It would be advisable to bring a priest, sprinkle ho;y water in every room and drink some too. You must also try to dismiss it as it they tend to gain 'strength' if you believe its powers. .

Praying

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Are you still not smoking? The reason I ask is because for a couple of months after I quit I would periodically go through bad spells of paranoia and nerves. This could be some of that. You are a child of God. Demons have no control over you.

Yes, I'm going on two weeks of not smoking. Funny you mention it because this all started two weeks ago. I had paranoia for the first couple days of cessation and blamed it on the Chantix. I stopped taking Chantix for that very reason (and the bad dreams). The paranoia stopped and now it came back. I've never heard of this happening after quitting.

Well, if that's the case, then you don't need to take authority over a demon but over your mind.

I still recommend praise and worship.