Feeling alone

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

You are not alone in that feeling Angelique. I have always been a loner and enjoy my times of solitude. When I need people I reach out to them and they are always there, sometimes not in the understanding I need but I get some semblance of gratification from the interaction. I fluxuate between feeling peace in my times alone and feeling lonely during those times. I have found having one close friend I can pour my heart out to has helped tremendously.

I wrote a poem entitled "Alone But Not Alone". The first verse began with, "here I am once again in a room full of people--alone"...I won't share the entire poem but in the end I was not alone in that room full of people because God was wth me. I too, have lost to death, not a spouse but a parent and a best friend. I was devastated by both and very angry at God because they were very tragic senseless deaths. I suffered depression as a result, put on that facade you mentioned and walked away from God.

Although friends and family were there for me it wasn't until I sought professional help that I was able to make my way back to peace with God. Sometimes you need an outside objective opinion to help you see things clearly. Like someone mentioned the lost of serotonin and dopamine keeps you in that dark place, they need a little help to get back on track. I never wanted to be medicated but the meds precribed for me then helped me tremendously. And by the grace of God and the "footprints in the sand" I did not have to stay on the meds. God provides many methods to give us the help we need when we need it.

I still enjoy my solitude more than I enjoy being with people but when I start to feel lonely I know that surrounding myself with close friends and the word of God brings me to a place of contentment.

I pray you find the right course that will give you the peace you need during this difficult time. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I've been feeling so alone. :emot-fail: I keep a 'facade' up to survive. Most, if not all, of my friends and family would never guess I'm feeling this way. It's coming upon 2 years since nascarman passed. I've graduated and facing the big gaping hole of loneliness which I've been staying busy to avoid. I've been dating but that doesn't even begin to tough the 'void' that is inside of me. I feel empty, drained, and dead on the inside. I have been very angry at God for taking my husband. Now that the anger has subsided, I feel dead. And, again, I really think that no one would see that in me because I've learned to cover to survive. This feeling is horrible.

Has anyone ever felt this way?

This being alone, this is a bad thing? I have found that I am happiest when I am alone, when I don't have to deal with mean coworkers, or mean people on the street shouting obscenities at me, or trying to run me off of the road. I feel its a blessing being able to spend time alone.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  823
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/13/1981

So sorry to hear you have been feeling this way. Just remember you are not alone. God is watching out for you always, that He does His will for you. He has a plan for you. You are loved by many. I will pray that the dear Lord comforts you during this difficult time you are feeling lonely.

May God Bless you! :emot-hug::emot-hug: