MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Personally, I approve of this idea.......taking it to the enemy in an 'in your face' way is the epitome of what it means to be an American. The Qu'ran is satanic in origin and the more they burn the better. Doesn't the Bible promote the destruction of idols? And....it doesn't remotely compare to what they (muslims) do to Christians, Jews, Hindus or anyone else who refuses to worship their 'allah', a.k.a. satan.

http://pewforum.org/...nniversary.aspx

UMMM? That's a real bad idea, IMO, and since you're asking. :wub::)

Why is that?

Mt 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mt 5:45

That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven: for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Apt Scripture that. Now how many reading this actually love their enemies, bless those that curse them, do good to those that hate them and pray for those who despitefully use and persecute them? Just curious. I totally agree with the above but i'm not sure these passages pertain to satan. Are we to tolerate the devil's own?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Personally, I approve of this idea.......taking it to the enemy in an 'in your face' way is the epitome of what it means to be an American. The Qu'ran is satanic in origin and the more they burn the better. Doesn't the Bible promote the destruction of idols? And....it doesn't remotely compare to what they (muslims) do to Christians, Jews, Hindus or anyone else who refuses to worship their 'allah', a.k.a. satan.

UMMM? That's a real bad idea, IMO, and since you're asking. :wub::)

Why is that?

Mt 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mt 5:45

That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven: for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Apt Scripture that. Now how many reading this actually love their enemies, bless those that curse them, do good to those that hate them and pray for those who despitefully use and persecute them? Just curious. I totally agree with the above but i'm not sure these passages pertain to satan. Are we to tolerate the devil's own?

Sister,

I actually believe the purpose of the Sermon on the Mount wasn't to inform you of Righteous behavior, although it does do that, but to show you just how much you look like satan. :b: That should prompt a reaction which is for you to desire the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and not the wickedness of your own heart. Christ's Word's get right at the heart of the matter and if they do, they should provoke one of two reactions. Self righteous indignation or repentance. :wub:

One of the the greatest prayers I have ever heard was uttered in a Ministry meeting by our current Youth Pastor and it was, "Lord Jesus, help me to side with You against myself!"

Peace,

dave

Sister,

I actually believe the purpose of the Sermon on the Mount wasn't to inform you of Righteous behavior, although it does do that, but to show you just how much you look like satan.

What??

:b: That should prompt a reaction which is for you to desire the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and not the wickedness of your own heart.

What???

Christ's Word's get right at the heart of the matter and if they do, they should provoke one of two reactions. Self righteous indignation or repentance. :wub:

What??

One of the the greatest prayers I have ever heard was uttered in a Ministry meeting by our current Youth Pastor and it was, "Lord Jesus, help me to side with You against myself!"

Oh well, I can agree with that sentence. Not too sure about my resemblance to satan, the wickedness of my heart or that self-righteous/repentence thing. :huh:

Sister,

I actually believe the purpose of the Sermon on the Mount wasn't to inform you of Righteous behavior, although it does do that, but to show you just how much you look like satan.

What??

:b: That should prompt a reaction which is for you to desire the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and not the wickedness of your own heart.

What???

Christ's Word's get right at the heart of the matter and if they do, they should provoke one of two reactions. Self righteous indignation or repentance. :wub:

What??

Oh well, I can agree with that sentence. Not too sure about my resemblance to satan, the wickedness of my heart or that self-righteous/repentence thing. :huh:

The you there in each instance corresponds to the individual believer, as in all of us. :laugh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Burn a Qu'ran day...what do y'all think of this?

I say, I'll bring the s'mores! :thumbsup:

I understand why someone would want to, but ultimately, we can't hate. That's not to say we shouldn't stay strong. My attitude is praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

The church doesn't claim to hate anyone.....the Qu'ran is not a 'someone'; it's an idol.

Burn a Qu'ran day...what do y'all think of this?

I say, I'll bring the s'mores! :thumbsup:

And I SO believe you would! :P

Sister,

What??

What???

What??

The you there in each instance corresponds to the individual believer, as in all of us. :laugh:

It sure didn't come across that way..........

Sister,

What??

What???

What??

It sure didn't come across that way..........

Sis,

Do you believe that there's an error in my assessment of the Sermon on the Mount? If so, why and where?

peace,

dave

P.S.

You've stated that Muslims are basically spawn of satan;

Just curious. I totally agree with the above but i'm not sure these passages pertain to satan. Are we to tolerate the devil's own?

Can you clarify this Biblically?

I'm asking because the way that I read the Word, we're all guilty of falling short, and having been once deceived by Religion, I was no better than any Muslim I know. In this example you, I, or any other believer who in the past was deceieved, and we all were, can be classified as satan's own. Is it proper and Biblical to hate the individual human Muslim? If so, can you lay out a scriptural argument for such behavior?

Ro