• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Thinking About God Calms Believers, Stresses Atheists

Researchers have determined that thinking about God can help relieve anxiety associated with making mistakes. However, the finding only holds for people who believe in a God.

The researchers measured brain waves for a particular kind of distress response while participants made mistakes on a test.

Those who had been prepared with religious thoughts had a less prominent response to mistakes than those who hadn

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

Thinking About God Calms Believers, Stresses Atheists

Atheists shouldn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,867
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:21: I have NEVER understood why atheists get so worked up about their non beliefs :noidea: Also if they dont believe why do they almost awlays use God and / or Jesus name when they are stressed :noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/08/1946

Unfortunately, having "religious beliefs" doesn't guarantee that one is born again and will spend eternity in heaven.

Jesus said, "Ye must be born again." He did not say, "Ye must be religious." The most religious people of Jesus' day

were the Pharisees, and they were the most hypocritical. They boasted on their own goodness and all they did for

the poor. They boasted on all the money gave. Jesus called them hypocrites and other derogatory terms. For a

while before realizing I was lost and turning to Christ, I was very religious and a hypocrite. I'm quite that most of

that 85% have never been born again and are just trusting in their religion and their own goodness, but God says

that "All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags."

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

:21: I have NEVER understood why atheists get so worked up about their non beliefs :noidea: Also if they dont believe why do they almost awlays use God and / or Jesus name when they are stressed :noidea:

The reason why I think atheists are so easily worked up about religion and talk about God is because they aren't as sure of themselves as they make out? Some are really God haters, and others are skeptics, but they aren't really sure? The conclusions of the study make perfect sense. :thumbsup:

mmmmmm, can't think of the name of it....whats the name of that psychological disorder....the one where a person allows something he doesn't believe in affect his life.

The reason why I think atheists are so easily worked up about religion and talk about God is because they aren't as sure of themselves as they make out? Some are really God haters, and others are skeptics, but they aren't really sure? The conclusions of the study make perfect sense. :thumbsup:

mmmmmm, can't think of the name of it....whats the name of that psychological disorder....the one where a person allows something he doesn't believe in affect his life.

The proper medical term is "cwazy" :whistling:

What really makes me curious is, if atheists believe that this life is all there is, why do they waste so much of that one and only life fighting against people who believe in God? If I were an atheist, I'd spend that time having as much fun as I possibly could..."eat, drink, be merry" ya know? :noidea:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,867
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

My father was an atheist ( we are praying that he repented and accepted Christ before his sudden death this February as he certainly KNEW and used to be a believer ) He was so adamant that my sisters and I were wasting our time :blink: but one story I will always remember...

He was reading a guide book and became very agitated. He told us that some religeous nut must have written it as the name of Jesus was on every page in the book.... we all looked and looked,we had been told what we were looking for and spent ages ( one of my sisters even used a magnifying glass ) but no matter where we looked we couldnt see the name anywhere :noidea:

After we had tried for around an hour he showed us ...... On EVERY page the name of Jesus was " hidden " .. in the pattern of leaves, in the rocks of a sea side picture, in pictures of flowers ... every page in that book but we , who all have a strong faith, coukdnt find them even when we knew we were looking for them , but the one person who claimed not to believe had seen Jesus' name the instant he had started to read :noidea:

My father was an atheist ( we are praying that he repented and accepted Christ before his sudden death this February as he certainly KNEW and used to be a believer ) He was so adamant that my sisters and I were wasting our time :blink: but one story I will always remember...

He was reading a guide book and became very agitated. He told us that some religeous nut must have written it as the name of Jesus was on every page in the book.... we all looked and looked,we had been told what we were looking for and spent ages ( one of my sisters even used a magnifying glass ) but no matter where we looked we couldnt see the name anywhere :noidea:

After we had tried for around an hour he showed us ...... On EVERY page the name of Jesus was " hidden " .. in the pattern of leaves, in the rocks of a sea side picture, in pictures of flowers ... every page in that book but we , who all have a strong faith, coukdnt find them even when we knew we were looking for them , but the one person who claimed not to believe had seen Jesus' name the instant he had started to read :noidea:

God reaches out to people in the most amazing ways....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Unfortunately, having "religious beliefs" doesn't guarantee that one is born again and will spend eternity in heaven.

Jesus said, "Ye must be born again." He did not say, "Ye must be religious." The most religious people of Jesus' day

were the Pharisees, and they were the most hypocritical. They boasted on their own goodness and all they did for

the poor. They boasted on all the money gave. Jesus called them hypocrites and other derogatory terms. For a

while before realizing I was lost and turning to Christ, I was very religious and a hypocrite. I'm quite that most of

that 85% have never been born again and are just trusting in their religion and their own goodness, but God says

that "All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags."

:thumbsup::thumbsup: