• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/28/1986

Marilyn: Not all Muslims are like that.

I went to a Mosque as part of a study that I was doing in a World Religions course a couple years ago. I had to wear a hijab and conservative clothing (long skirt, concealing top) and all that. The visit was sometime after 9/11 and the man who was showing me around stressed to me that 9/11 was NOT an act of Islam. He told me it was as much an act of Islam as the holocaust was an act of Christianity. Some extremist got an idea in his messed up head to do something "in the name of religion" and got a bunch of followers to help him out. In the Qur'an, it is stressed that a Muslim should not kill. So in the eyes of many Muslims, Osama and his followers are NOT true Muslims. I enjoyed the experience and learned a lot about Islam.

Need I even bring up the Salem Witch Trials Marilyn?

Chazy.

Edited by littleladyinblack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

Yep we are in the last days and certain things have to happen before we get to sit on Jesus lap. This is some more amoral stuff to deal with.

Yukon :wub:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

Marilyn, I know it, you know it. We are in the last days. These things all must happen for the scriptures to be fulfilled. Marilyn, fasten your seatbelt, we

Guest LCPGUY
Marilyn, I know it, you know it. We are in the last days. These things all must happen for the scriptures to be fulfilled. Marilyn, fasten your seatbelt, we

Guest shadow2b
if these churches want to get involved in political campaigning that is fine, but why should they also be able to claim tax excemption as a chariy at the same time. They have a choice stay out of politics or pay tax, what is the problem with that? Personally I'd like to see them pay taxes whether they take an active role in politics or not. What is so special about religious groups ?

-FREEDOM OF SPEECH---FREEDOM OF RELIGION--FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION--EVUN FREEDOM OF STU-PIDD-ID-DI-DY- ;):P -

- :P;):P;);)

Guest shadow2b
-Need I even bring up the Salem Witch Trials Marilyn?

Chazy.

-YOU JUST DID-womandancing.gif-Soooo--IF WE TODAY are going to be held Responsible for ALL Bad Events of our history--I seem to Remember just a few months back watching a 60 minutes report on the fate of AN entire TRIBE of canadian Indians that were Removed from their land--moved to an isolated area 200 or 300 miles from any civilization OR anything they needed to survive{for very-long}they were placed in shacks with no running water--no-electricity--no heat----had to "Throw"human waste out of the bathroom window--IN other werds ---they were left to DIE---which was the purpose of moving this tribe Off of their land---The report showd 9--10--11--12-year old-children sniffing gasoline fumes they got by draining gas from snowmobiles--& into plastic-jugs--& a paper-sack placed around the jug & taking a sniff every few minutes---NO--HOPE--NO--DREAMS---They KNEW the canadian Government had taken them there TO DIE--- ;););) -wanna discuss more historical events on BOTH-SIDES of the border??- :P;)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

if these churches want to get involved in political campaigning that is fine, but why should they also be able to claim tax excemption as a chariy at the same time. They have a choice stay out of politics or pay tax, what is the problem with that? Personally I'd like to see them pay taxes whether they take an active role in politics or not. What is so special about religious groups ?

-FREEDOM OF SPEECH---FREEDOM OF RELIGION--FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION--EVUN FREEDOM OF STU-PIDD-ID-DI-DY- :o;) -

- ;):P:P:blink:;)

No problem with freedoms, but that doesn't mean that churches should be exempt when the taxman comes around. I don't see why one's faith should give you a free ride at the expense of others.

Edited by amor

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/28/1986

Shadow2b... I was talking about religious persecution...

Rather than certain countries being stupid.

Chazy.

Edited by littleladyinblack