• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Parker1 said:

All this boils down to is that the people you describe above are people who never had salvation to lose, were never saved to begin with.

Parker1 said: You can chose to believe that or not. But wyguy has posted proof, believe it or not.

What proof?

I guess you missed all the Scriptures that wyguy listed throughout his posts. Or maybe you were thinking of your responses while you were reading his posts? It may not be proof to you, but it is to millions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Bible2 says:

One way that a saved person could come to desire to commit sin without repentance would be if he finds a particular sin to be very pleasurable, so pleasurable that he continues in it over time until his heart becomes hardened by the deceitfulness of sin (Hebrews 3:13), to where his love for God grows cold because of the abundance of iniquity (Matthew 24:12), to where he quenches the Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19), to where he sears his conscience as with a hot iron (1 Timothy 4:2), to where he becomes so infatuated with his sin that he can no longer endure the sound doctrine of the Bible (such as Hebrews 10:26-29), but instead latches onto a false, man-made teaching which contradicts the Bible (2 Timothy 4:3-4), such as a false teaching which assures him that there's no way he can lose his salvation, even if he does continue to commit sin without repentance.

You hit the nail on the head. OSAS is a man made doctrine of men who do not endure sound doctrine. Its a gospel of salvation with out repentance.

No, you and he missed the nail, for that very Bible tells us: "According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. (1 Corinthians 3:10-15) So you see, if someone is truly saved, even if they backslide and commit willful sin, they are still saved. It is those who are CINO who are doomed because they were never saved to begin with.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

The rapture question isn't a salvation issue in itself, but holding too strongly to a pre-trib stance could leave one less prepared mentally to go through the coming tribulation.

Sure, if you are relying on your own strength. God is the source of our "mental" stability. He is the source of all strength. Again, as I believe the Pre-Trib Rapture to be true, it's not an issue. If it proves not to be - it's still not an issue because God is the one who holds me up - He provides for my every need. If I suffer, it's because He has willed it. If I die, it's because He, as the author and sustainer of life, has chosen to take it.

I'm not worried about any aspect of the Tribulation. Worry cannot add one day to my life - nor to yours.

that sounds good in theory, but still you've got to prepare. remember the parable of the 10 virgins. your lamps must all be full before it begins. it might be difficult to be prepared when you didn't know you needed to be. which is exactly why the pre-trib theory is so dangerous.

as to 'relying on God' that also sounds good in theory, but He has given you the tools and He expects you to use them. I think you can see this about God when you read all the teaching He has given us.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

OneLight said:

Bible2, if you want to make a difference, bring His word, not references.

The references are to his word.

If someone doesn't have his own Bible, he needs to get one (whether printed, electronic, or online) and read every word of it (Mathew 4:4) for himself (2 Timothy 3:15), over and over and over again, and not rely only on whatever snippets of it might happen to be quoted by people on the internet.

Edited by Bible2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Parker1 said:

I guess you missed all the Scriptures that wyguy listed throughout his posts.

Note that none were missed, for all were addressed.

Parker1 said:

Or maybe you were thinking of your responses while you were reading his posts?

The posts were read, then responded to.

Parker1 said:

It may not be proof to you, but it is to millions.

What's the proof?

Also, is the truth of something determined by how many people think that it's true? If so, should we then, for example, believe what the Koran says because it's proof to a billion?

Parker1 said:

No, you and he missed the nail, for that very Bible tells us: "According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

OneLight said:

If someone doesn't have his own Bible, he needs to get one (whether printed, electronic, or online) and read every word of it (Mathew 4:4) for himself (2 Timothy 3:15), over and over and over again, and not rely only on whatever snippets of it might happen to be quoted by people on the internet.

I take it you are new to online teaching. People read from many different places where a bible is not available. You also have so many references that in order to look them all up, one would forget the reason why they are looking, yet, to read them in your posts would keep the flow of your words moving. If His words are important enough to reference, then they will be far more effective to read. Cut and paste.

Tell me. which speaks louder to you while you are working and on a break?

Matthew 4:4

or

But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”

In the post above this one, all I see is your cometary, not His words. You reference over 100 verses while you make a couple of statements.

OneLight said:

I take it you are new to online teaching. People read from many different places where a bible is not available. You also have so many references that in order to look them all up, one would forget the reason why they are looking, yet, to read them in your posts would keep the flow of your words moving. If His words are important enough to reference, then they will be far more effective to read. Cut and paste.

Tell me. which speaks louder to you while you are working and on a break?

Matthew 4:4

or

But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

In the post above this one, all I see is your cometary, not His words. You reference over 100 verses while you make a couple of statements.

:thumbsup:

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:10-11

Power In The Word

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. James 1:8

Power

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

I take it you are new to online teaching. People read from many different places where a bible is not available.

If they have access to come to worthy forums then they have access to online bibles.

You also have so many references that in order to look them all up, one would forget the reason why they are looking, yet, to read them in your posts would keep the flow of your words moving. If His words are important enough to reference, then they will be far more effective to read. Cut and paste.

Bible2 puts a lot of information in to his post with bible references. It would not be ineffective for him to quote each scripture but easier to post a reference and then you do your own homework as you should. If people are too lazy to look up the reference then that's their own fault, but at least he gives biblical references while others only post opinion.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I take it you are new to online teaching. People read from many different places where a bible is not available.

If they have access to come to worthy forums then they have access to online bibles.

Time yourself, for this is what I was referring to. Look at the post I referred to with over 100 references. First, time yourself while reading the post, then time yourself while doing both the reading and then looking up the references. While you are doing this, ask yourself if you would have a better understanding if the scripture was provided. Is it the point of the writer to bring understanding or to show how many verses a person to point to? Which is more important? Discuss one point at a time while quoting scripture itself if that is what it takes to bring understanding to the reader. As I stated, all I am reading is a cometary, not a piece of writing where I could gather understanding, unless the understanding I was seeking is how bible2 thinks.

You also have so many references that in order to look them all up, one would forget the reason why they are looking, yet, to read them in your posts would keep the flow of your words moving. If His words are important enough to reference, then they will be far more effective to read. Cut and paste.

Bible2 puts a lot of information in to his post with bible references. It would not be ineffective for him to post each scripture but easier to post a reference and then you do your own homework as you should. If people are too lazy to look up the reference then that's their own fault, but at least he gives biblical references while others only post opinion.

Ah, you call someone lazy for not taking the time, which a lot of readers probably don't have, to look up 100+ references. How sad of you to make such a judgment! If someone was reading his posts as part of a college course, then they would expect to have to do the research, but this is not a college and bible2 is not a professor passing out assignments. It is a forum where thoughts and understanding is shared.

And what is wrong with backing up what you say with bible references at least he uses references while others post no references but only their opinion? Sounds much like the kettle calling the pot black scenario.

You are full of verbal cut just for pointing out a better way to bring a point across. Why is that? My reasoning for pointing this out is so those who read the posts of bible2 would have a better understanding of what the post was talking about. Tell me, what is wrong with helping someone to have a better understanding? I'll ask you the same thing, which brings you more understanding?

"Matthew 4:4"

OR

"But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'""

Put yourself in the shoes of many who are here to read posts to gather understanding and don't have the time to look up 100+ bible references. Which is truly doing His work? Show me one incident where scripture was written in such a manner where the writer references bible verses and does not quote the scripture. The idea is to teach, not assign work.

I have seen so many people "assigning" overwhelming work to others instead of supplying the scripture themselves. I believe it is just as easy to cut and paste Gods words as it is to cut and past teachings that lack His words. I have notices this is bible2's style on another forum also, which are exact copies of what is posted here.

Rest assure that I am not speaking against what bible2 is talking about, but the style in which bible2 is discussing.

Bible2 puts a lot of information in to his post with bible references. It would not be ineffective for him to quote each scripture but easier to post a reference and then you do your own homework as you should. If people are too lazy to look up the reference then that's their own fault, but at least he gives biblical references while others only post opinion.

Amen!

>>>>>()<<<<<

Welcome To Worthy Ministries

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalms 133:1

This Is A 247/7/365 World Wide Believer's Out-Reach

And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. Luke 14:23

Sometimes With 200 Anonymous Hits On Any Given Thread On Any Given Day

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

Many Put Themselves At Extreme Risk Just By Reading Worthy Boards

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matthew 10:16

And An Attempt To Access Any On-line Source Of Bibles

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4

Will Bring The Wrath Of Man Down Upon Them

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Acts 20:29

That Leaves Us As Their Source

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:27

Mr. Ambassador-At-Large

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

Of The LORD

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Ephesians 5:10

Love, Your Brother Joe

Have An Air Force Day :)