oak

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

As much knowledge as I gain from the Bible, the more I become aware of what is right and wrong. But the application of the scripture to attain salvation is another matter. Our interpretations may be dead on, but our personal actions may sway us on to the wide road. In a way I find myself with one foot on the narrow path and the other on the wide one. It is a great conflict. I

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

We did not create ourselves and we can not recreate ourselves. Only God can. All we can do is say no to what we know He would not have us do and follow Christ so we become stronger in Him then the desire to be part of this world. Even though we live in this world, we do not belong to it. Part of Paul's writings in 2 Corinthians 1:12 reads: "For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God ..." Paul gives us an example of how to live in the world and not be part of the world. John also shines light on this battle ... 1 John 5:4-5 " For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" I notice in both places that neither of them had their worldly desires removed from them, by through their love for the Lord, they overcame the world for Christ. This is the key, as I see it. We are to seek the deepest relationship with Christ that can be possible this side of being with Him personally. Through this relationship, we find the strength through Him to remain steadfast in Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

You can't stay completely away from the world around us, unless you stay cooped up in a room all your life. The thing we must watch out for is that we don't idolize and worship worldly things. If you focus on staying away from worldly things that are a sin (which could be anything, pending on the individual) we are doing what Satan wants us to do and that is focus on the sin. What we should be focusing on is Jesus Christ, the more we continue to focus on Jesus, the further away the temptation of the worldly sin will be from us. Since we are only human, Jesus is our strength, through Jesus we can conquer sin.

That is worth an Amen, bless you Jesus and thank you Jesus. :emot-highfive:

.... You see I consider myself a fragmented Christian and it brings me great pain. How can I become a true Christian and work and engage in life's day to day activities without being in constant fear of disappointing Christ? And it's not a matter of me of just accepting Christ as my Savior and then continuing on as if nothing happened or repenting and then doing the same thing over again. Am I alone? How do I stop this pattern? Go and live alone in the woods?....

Yes!

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. James 1:2-4

The War

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Quench not the Spirit.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24

The Desire

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

And The Word

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Knowing The Pain

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:6-11

Will Soon Be Gone

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

At Homecoming

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:3-5

Bless His Holy Name

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/06/1986

You can't stay completely away from the world around us, unless you stay cooped up in a room all your life. The thing we must watch out for is that we don't idolize and worship worldly things. If you focus on staying away from worldly things that are a sin (which could be anything, pending on the individual) we are doing what Satan wants us to do and that is focus on the sin. What we should be focusing on is Jesus Christ, the more we continue to focus on Jesus, the further away the temptation of the worldly sin will be from us. Since we are only human, Jesus is our strength, through Jesus we can conquer sin.

That is worth an Amen, bless you Jesus and thank you Jesus. :emot-highfive:

You captured my thoughts perfectly :)

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

But how can you be part of the world and not accept it?

It means you must live in this world but you don't have to indulge in it's sins.

I enjoy a good movie but sometimes it will use the Lord

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

You live under grace, you are His child and heir.

As wyguy says, stop beating yourself up! All satan has to do when we do beat ourselves up is step back and move on, because he has done his job.

This feeling of unworthiness you have is directly from the pit of hell. You are worthy in God's eyes, so worthy His Son died for you. Every time we beat ourselves us we chip away at the Cross upon which our God and our sins were put to death. We in reality, put Him to death over and over when we do this. And none of us want that do we?

Throw yourself at the foot of the Cross, and tell him you cannot do this by yourself, and hand yourself over to Him.

Surrender yourself, not the parts of yourself you feel you should.

We can't surrender part of ourselves, because the part we do not will always override that which we have "surrendered". And we end up in limbo.

Blessings

My comments on your comments:

Onelight - As always you wrote a wonderful post but how do you define "godly sincerity" humility, honesty?

oldzimm - Amen. True my focus is off and its a helpful post.

Thank you Fresno you are a blessing and a joy in my life.

wyguy great information but as far as fear, The Bible, is paradoxical and there is a good fear and a bad fear. As far as NO condemnation is concerned, I feel I have to struggle as a Christian because I can become lazy.

Fez -Thank you for that but I think Im not on the level of

In Summation

Look I was trying to very honest about how I feel. What prompted me to do this is I started falling in love with a woman. And I couldn

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Onelight - As always you wrote a wonderful post but how do you define "godly sincerity"